Neon Genesis Evangelion

xscoot

Sep 8, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Dear god, I never realized other NGE fans were so funny.
I agree, the fans are hilarious. You on the other hand...

Oh, I'm just kidding. You're vastly better than some of the other stuff Escapist has put out. I still remember Game Dogs. Ugh.

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
Behold, a fanfic with an appreciative Shinji http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3371159/1/Chicks_Dig_Giant_Robots

xscoot

Sep 8, 2009
Dafttechno said:
Behold, a fanfic with an appreciative Shinji http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3371159/1/Chicks_Dig_Giant_Robots
'Behind the two girls, Shinji continued giggling like a ten year old girl. "Heh heh heh, boom, heh."'

I immediately thought of Beavis and Butthead. Oh, man, a crossover fic with that would be glorious. I can just imagine it.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
xscoot said:
Grey Carter said:
Dear god, I never realized other NGE fans were so funny.
I agree, the fans are hilarious. You on the other hand...

Oh, I'm just kidding. You're vastly better than some of the other stuff Escapist has put out. I still remember Game Dogs. Ugh.
I am wounded. [http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512131261/evangelion/images/1/1d/Shinji_Crying_%28EoE%29.png]

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Actually shinji did good not to hit any of that...

Someone once said some very wise words:

"never stick your dick in the crazy"

And all three of them where batshit crazy...

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
So....the entirety of Evangellion was really just a long, convoluted plan by Gendo to help Shinji get laid and be a mecha pilot?

Interesting.

Scrumpmonkey said:
Its simple. Kill the Batman After watching numerous 'deep' Animes (Tenchi Muyo won't man up either) i have come to the conclusion that Japanese males in Anime just don't like women. Like at all. They also whine about it. ALL the time.

In the west we call this the "Shut up and fuck her in the ass" hypothesis.
This is Guts and Caska from Berserk:

As you can guess, the opposite scenario to above happens in their series and they end up with one another. Also yes, they have sex.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Infernai said:
So....the entirety of Evangellion was really just a long, convoluted plan by Gendo to help Shinji get laid and be a mecha pilot?

Interesting.

Scrumpmonkey said:
Its simple. Kill the Batman After watching numerous 'deep' Animes (Tenchi Muyo won't man up either) i have come to the conclusion that Japanese males in Anime just don't like women. Like at all. They also whine about it. ALL the time.

As you can guess, the opposite scenario to above happens in their series and they end up with one another. Also yes, they have sex.
Yeah but what happens afterwards.... *makes the cross sign*

Jeebus... and the manga isnt any better either...

Dec 14, 2008
darksakul said:
Only thing Shinji Ikari needs is Noah Bright (from MS Gundam) to "Bright ***** slap" the emo out of him. Alternatively Kamina from Gurren Lagann with his Motivational fist would work as well.
Well, I think Anno finally watched Gurren Lagann before making the second Rebuild movie:

OT: I loved pretty much all of NGE, but I still found this comic hilarious.

Shiro No Uma

Nov 10, 2009
rhodo said:
Bwaaahahahah!! So true! XD

Boudica said:
How can you pass up the opportunity to woo a submissive cutie?

On an unrelated note, how comes someone put that hottie on a website called "fugly"? Insecure males much?
You think that grandpa muscle moose is attractive? To each their own I guess, but did you look at his lifeless, only thought in his head is, "did I remembers to wipe," face? Or were you distracted that the old-timey phone receiver stretching out of his smooth happy trail region? I guess I must be insecure because that's what a man should look like.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Okay, so this is funny, but.

"Hey son, I want you to risk your life to pilot this robot and fight Lovecraftion horrors. And I'm entrusting you to a super hot alcoholic chick, she's twice your age but probably has the hots for you anyway. There's also this redhead to treat you like shit, I hope you enjoy sadomasochism! Not uncomfortable yet? well I went ahead and cloned your dead mom, too! ;)"

And oh yeah! theresthisthingthatsgonnacausetheendoftheworld! Bye!

Now, I'm not the biggest Eva fan, and I agree that Shinji's a brat, but I do not envy his lot in life.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I do love the series, but you kind of missed the part where:
'O, hey, and she's basically a clone of my mother' bit.

Shinji was inside in mom, more then once.
;3

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
animehermit said:
Infernai said:

Interesting.

Scrumpmonkey said:

It takes Guts YEARS before he can trust someone enough to engage in any kind of relationship, let alone a romantic one. Even now he still has trouble trusting people, and every now and then the demons resurface and he ends up harming those he cares for the most.
True, however Guts does have a VERY good reason why he takes a long time to trust others. But the fact remains that as opposed to say Tenchi, Guts actually does, at one point become romantically involved and ends up becoming sexually intimate with some one. I don't deny he still has problems, especially now given what's happened but, at one point, he was able to open up and allow himself to care for another person in a way Shinji and Tenchi havn't been able too.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
I think that in the end, Gendo really ended up caring more about his daughter, Lizzie. [http://lparchive.org/Princess-Maker-2/Update%202/]
I want to punch you...

As if I didn't ALREADY have enough to read!

Are you going help me make time for this?! HUH!?

He jerked it to the red head... but in his defense... her tits did pop out when he was trying to make her wake up...

It's a perfectly normal response that we'd all do... right?

...Right?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Infernai said:
True, however Guts does have a VERY good reason why he takes a long time to trust others. But the fact remains that as opposed to say Tenchi, Guts actually does, at one point become romantically involved and ends up becoming sexually intimate with some one. I don't deny he still has problems, especially now given what's happened but, at one point, he was able to open up and allow himself to care for another person in a way Shinji and Tenchi havn't been able too.
Except Tenchi doesn't get intimate, because... I really don't know (well, I do). With Shinji I can understand it; he's fucked up. But why Tenchi refuses to answer the avances of the many female companions - which he obviously cares a great deal for, otherwise he wouldn't risk his life saving them all the time - is baffling. And he's clearly not asexual.