Nerdiest fact, question or answer you can think of.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I have a nerdy pickup line.

Baby, I wish I was a tangent to your function, so I could touch your curves.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Warhammer 40k knowlage... apart from dates (which i still screw up like crazy cus NONE of the books seem to agree on when stuff happens) I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know from any of the books. I know the alpha legion has a twin primarch of alpharius and omegon. I could happily speak to you in glossia if you have any idea what that means. Gimme a question and chances are i could answer it.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
badgersprite said:
I have a nerdy pickup line.

Baby, I wish I was a tangent to your function, so I could touch your curves.
The expression is "I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves".

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
rasmusernst said:
Calculate the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything
Man that's an easy one, 42

Let's see...I posted here awhile ago with a nerdy fact but I think I can come up with something else, after all I am a walking encyclopedia of useless knowledge.

Um...oh OH! got it.

Did you know that if you have a 7b9 chord, you can simply play a diminished one a half step up from the root and it's the same damn thing? Purple Haze would sound badass with all diminished chords. (Yes yes, even though it's a 7#9 it's got the same principle)

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
During the Filming of Day Of The Dead the tempreture was very high (the original Romero movie) and the stench from the meat and pig entrails that were used for the gore effects was so horrific that whenever a scene was done filming the cast and crew would have to go and throw up

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
In a TV comedy sitcom about a group of nerds dealing with everyday life, they make a reference to an episode of star trek: DS9 and I have seen and enjoyed that episode.

That and the fact I used to play Warhammer 40k too much. And then I stopped playing it so I could raise money to buy a 360.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Just thought of another one, probably been mentioned before, but eh. Laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
Sergeant Johnson only survived the flood infection because he had a certain nervous system problem he contracted from getting plasma poisoning via a crate of plasma grenades. Also, his first name is Avery.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
Lonely Swordsman said:
The only mortal creature to ever wound the fallen Titan and Demon God Sargeras was not a wizard, druid, shaman, paladin, or anybody with even the slightes grasp of magic. It was an orc warrior named Brox. And he did it with an axe entirely made of wood (Yes, even the blade)
Technically he split himself in 2; it is unknown if his original shell is still aware of itself but his spawn/split got beaten by a mage/wizard in the storm peaks, she was the mother of medivh IIRC.

markstit

Mar 9, 2009
In the movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, during the scene where the German soldiers
and Gestapo agents lift the ark, R2D2 and C3PO are
included among the hieroglyphics on the wall

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
somedude98 said:
Warhammer 40k knowlage... apart from dates (which i still screw up like crazy cus NONE of the books seem to agree on when stuff happens) I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know from any of the books. I know the alpha legion has a twin primarch of alpharius and omegon. I could happily speak to you in glossia if you have any idea what that means. Gimme a question and chances are i could answer it.
How many chaos gods, what are there names, what are they descirbed as(I.e. Image)

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Many varieties of cheese are known to move under microscopes because of how many organisms live in the cheesy ecosystem.

Feb 18, 2009
Just checked it and I was right - maybe brackets would have made it more clear - is it (5+5+5)x26x52x525x99 or 10+ 5x26x52x525x99? I did the second one.

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
The reason Luke Skywalker got attacked by the wampa at the begining of The Empire Strikes Back is because Mark Hamill had been in a motorcyle accident that left a pretty big scar on his face. George Lucas, rather than using heavy makeup wrote the scene in order to explain the scar on Mark's face.