Nerdiest fact, question or answer you can think of.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
It worries me that I am unable to find one simple question in the entirety of this thread.

Who shot first?

For those who care to high-light. This references the first made Starwars movie. When Han is at the bar, confronted by Greedo, it was originally Han who shot first. This was changed in later releases in order to make Han less confrontational and trigger-happy. It was then changed back.

arc101

May 24, 2009
The original UNIT for doctor who series, who stared from 1966 to 1989 stood for united nations intelligence task force. It was changed for the new series becasue the UN wanted nothing to do with them

War Monkey

Nov 29, 2007
the average change in elevation to surface area ratio of the state of Kansas is less than that of a pancake, so yes, Kansas is flatter than a pancake

Dr. Love

Apr 18, 2009
After watching only star trek that could hold my attention :Star trek voyager, they're at lest 80 years away from home and every episode like 2 or 3 people die and the ship gets half destroyed, how does it keep coming back pristine and how are they not down to 20 or so people left on the ship?

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
TheGreatCoolEnergy said:
somedude98 said:
Warhammer 40k knowlage... apart from dates (which i still screw up like crazy cus NONE of the books seem to agree on when stuff happens) I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know from any of the books. I know the alpha legion has a twin primarch of alpharius and omegon. I could happily speak to you in glossia if you have any idea what that means. Gimme a question and chances are i could answer it.
How many chaos gods, what are there names, what are they descirbed as(I.e. Image)
Very easy. 4 main ones and 1 lesser one that I know of that have any ignificance.

Tzeench the changer of ways, and transmutation works to undermine things by betrayal and mutation, a cancerous infection of the mind. Powerfull psykers. usually shown as an avian like creature.

His counterpart nurgle, who hes at odds with, is the lord of decay and slow ruin. A cancer of the body rather than the mind. Shown as a great range of cancerous lumps of flesh given form. He has captured the eldar godess of healing Isha to test his poisons on. Disease and plague are his weapons

Korn the blood god. Slaughter and battle. Usually a winged demon with an axe. Simple and usually not very strategic unless under a very controlled commander. Likes to kill stuff. Very unsubtle. Doesnt really got along with anyone.

Slanesh likes to corrupt the soul with forbiden acts. Lord of pleasure. At odds with korn who likes to kill stuff and bring death, slanesh lives on the pleasures of life. Usually shown with a beastial head such as a goat with twin swords.

Malice who is worhsiped by the traitor marine chapter sons of malice. Lord of spite and hate as far as i know. Not sure what form he takes.

vladtehimpaler

Jun 23, 2009
THEMILKMAN said:
Fbuh said:
I've got another!

The first Angel was Adam, and appeared as a giant of light with four separate wings at Antarctica, during the blast that was effectively Second impact. The second Angel was Lilith, whom appears as a white, legless giant with Seele's emblem on it's face. It is located at Terminal Dogma, crucified and with tubes coming out of it. Lilith's blood is used as LCL.

Now that's pretty damn nerdy.
All I can say is "WTF was that?"
Evengaelion, am i right?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
batman originally had a gun.

not a batgun that shoots batstunners, a gun gun that shoots deathbullets.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
There is a town in Michigan called Wyoming. I know this because when I say I am from Wyoming sometime people reply "That's in Michigan right?"

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
ILuvMichaelJackson said:
i heard we are having 3.14 in the cafeteria today.
*cue annoying nerdy laughs*
Ohhhh Im really dissapointed that I understood that....then laughed

Asciotes

Jul 24, 2009
TGBA said:
Nintendo was founded in the late 1800's as a playing card company
Oh! I knew that one. On clubhouse games for DS, you can play their card game, Koi-Koi.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Alpha Reaper757 said:
It's not DARK Vader, it's DARTH Vader.
No no, you want nerdy Star Wars?

The Blue Milk that Luke's drinking in the Cantina in Episode IV comes from female Banthas.
Also, the man sitting next to Luke in episode IV during the pre-mission brief on the Death Star raid is named Wedge Antilles.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
MrPink67 said:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
I know what this means, translate for a cookie. :D
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
In the name of dread lord Cthulhu I now demand a cookie.

tehkella

Oct 1, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
The platypus is the only mammal to lay eggs.

I think..
Nope, echidnas lay eggs too. Both the platypus and echnida are the only members of the Monotremata (monotreme) order.

I know someone already answered it - but I wanted to nerd it up a bit further.

tehkella

Oct 1, 2009
Thurmer said:
Moore's Law, if you can tell me what this is, your a nerd.
IIRC, Moore's law is something along the lines that computing processing power will double every 18 months.