Never forget your first...

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Super Mario World. Sometimes I think I should be a lot more loyal or a bigger supporter of Nintendo.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Something on my ancient 486. Probably King's Quest or Digger or the ASCII Pac Man clone that came with the computer.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I have news for you OP, some of us clearly DID forget.

The earliest games I remember playing were actually demos that came free with things, mostly because we were too poor to afford consoles when I was growing up.

My earliest memories were of Jazz Jackrabbit, Rollercoaster Tycoon and a Lion King game that I'm pretty certain came free in a cereal box! They were all demos so I only got the first few levels for free but DAMN, did I ever play the SHIT out of those few levels!

The Lion King game was a limited use sort of disc so it stopped working after a while... I was devastated! Ahh such memories.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Rugrats: Search for Reptar for PS1. That was the shit back when I was 7 years old.

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
Adventure, a.k.a. Colossal Cave Adventure, on my Black Apple ][ (my parents were both in the educational field so I was able to get one of the only-sold-to-school Bell & Howell models) back in 1979.

Do I wish it were something different? Hell no! It was a great brain-tester, required a lot of imagination, and I still remember cracking up at the line "Congratulations, you have just vanquished a dragon with your bare hands! (Unbelievable, isn't it?)"

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
F1 97 for the PS1.

I was about 6 months old when my Dad got it for Christmas and tried it when I was 2.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....

I HATE gravel traps!

jcarreno

Oct 12, 2010
The original Legend of Zelda on the NES.

i did try to play the hunt for red october on an old IBM before that but i'm not counting it because i never figured out how to play the damn thing

PrinceBuffoon

Nov 29, 2011
I think it was Duck Hunt, but I was probably 3 or 4 so I don't really remember if there was anything before that

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Kirby Super Star, the second greatest videogame in the history of videogames!

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
I'm not sure if it's the very first, but one of the first games that I've played, and that I actually remember the title of, was the original Prince of Persia.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
I think mine was Super Mario Bros. on the NES too, but my first game that I loved to play was 007: Goldeneye.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
First PC game was AoE and first console was 007 Goldeneye. I was really young and each game was actually owned by two different step-brothers (opposite sides of the divorce). You could say that they got me into gaming and if I wanted to be dramatic you could say they helped me deal with the divorce, but in reality my parents' divorce was really painless (I was three).

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Earliest I can remember is playing Super Mario Land on the Gameboy.
Felt like hours just to get through one of the levels. Now I can beat the game within 30 minutes. God I feel stupid...

arbitterm

Mar 31, 2010
A cocktail of Doom, Quake, Heretic, and Duke Nukem 3D. Pretty sure I played Doom first though, I was about 7.