Never forget your first...

ArkhamJester

Sep 30, 2010
I was about 2 when my ma put that snes controller in my hand letting me mess around in super mario kart, and the rest is history.

Mr.Swiggly

The PC Master Elitist
Apr 25, 2011
My first was one of the greatest games of our time......

Doom II

I remember my Mom hiding it from me and my siblings then my Dad taking it out and playing it with me. Good times, good times.

Still a pretty fun game to play, and the awesome music in that game is still some of the best!

Simskiller

Oct 13, 2010
The very first? I never knew the name.

The first game that I know the name of? Earth Worm Jim 2. Never could beat Queen Slug-for-a-butt after many years of playing, and don't get me started on beating Pete's sake.

If anyone would like to help me with the first game this is what I can remember: It was an old 2d game (~the 90's) You played an secret agent/normal agent that had to fight through stages and pick up access cards, you're character was purple (at least I think) and there were a lot of different stages that you could complete in any order but they went up in difficulty, and I think the last level was like this giant army base or castle, and there were powers up you could get like ice blocks (I think).

If someone knows the name thank you so much in advance.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA Mega Drive

And so it began.
This right here. I could play Sonic over and over, day after day, without getting bored. It was just so amazing to my little mind. I had assorted other Sega games, and a few PC games that I couldn't comprehend at all (such as Betrayal at Krondor) but Sonic the Hedgehog will certainly forever be stuck in my mind.

EDIT: I also still actually have my original Pokemon Red Version cartridge (still in perfect working condition too) that I got back when it was first released. That was what got me interested in portable gaming, and the possibilities of small gaming systems.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Your trap?
I actually saw this coming a mile off, but W/E.

Civilization 1 for the PC. First game I played, and what got me into gaming. Discovered it from watching my mother play it, then wanting a go myself and absolutely sucking, but continuing to play anyway.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Alleyway.
Ye gods, that was the shit back in the day. I probably still have it lying around somewhere...

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Hmm.

I remember my Windows 95 computer had a lot of games on it, mostly shareware from new indy developers. What I can remember is Jazz Jackrabbit, Hocus Pocus, Wacky Wheels, Halloween Harry, Doom2, Monster Bash... a lot of Apogee games at their start.

No, wait, earlier - my friend's computer. So probably Jazz Jackrabbit or Sam and Max Hit the Road. There's some others I don't remember the names of, like a point-click adventure game about a kid's summer guided by his grandfather's ghost, some Rube Goldberg machine builder and various other stuff.

Herobot

Sep 1, 2011
Demon Attack on the Intellivision. I always died on the wave right after the first demon fortress thing.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
that's a tough question. My memories of those times are really sketchy. The first game I remember renting for myself was Mega Man, but that wasn't the first game I ever played. I'm sure Mario bros or Duck Hunt was before then... So probably Super Mario Bros.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Too late. I have no idea what my first game was. If I had to take a guess, it was Sonic the Hedgehog, but I can't guarantee that. We did have a NES that broke when I was super super little, and there is a chance I tried to play that.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I honestly cant remember if I got a Gameboy Colour or a Playstation first =S If it was the Gameboy then a Wario game. If it was the Playstation then either Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon X)

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
i was like five, it was on Atari or Amiga methinks it was called something along the lines of Crazy Football or Mad Rugby...

the idea was match of American Football. You control one player, try to get the ball and such. twist is, melee weapons everywhere on stadium. fuckin awesome.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Quite simply, Super Mario Bros. Good times, my friends. Good times.

The second one was Road Rash: Jailbreak and the third one was some brutal racing game. I forgot its name.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I have no idea....

The game that ultimately got me into gaming however, that was Super Mario 64... I sat down and 100%ed that game and damn it felt good.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
It was probably Super Mario Bros. or some Flintstones game for the NES(or SNES, it wasn't my console, so I don't know the difference). If not them it was Tetris or some silly mini-game.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA Mega Drive

And so it began.
Yeeeeeessssssss...this was the first game I owned and really fell in love with. But the first game I ever remember playing, even if I had no idea what was going on?

The original Phantasy Star. I didn't even know the name until I played it on the GBA again many many years later and recognized the main character.