Never forget your first...

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Fappy said:
It was probably Super Mario Bros. 1 or 2. I don't remember which.
Playing Super Mario Bros. 2 as your first videogame sounds like a nightmare! ...Unless it's the US version.

Anyway, my first game was Mario Kart 64. I remember it well. My cousin, for no reason I can understand, was playing it in 2-Player mode on Kalimari Desert. He was Mario (to me, his name was "Marlo"), and Luigi was just sitting there. So, I looked at what he was doing, picked up the second controller and started playing. I loved it. Still don't remember who won, though. Ok, maybe, I don't remember it that well. Still, I wonder if he remembers why he set it in 2-Player mode when there wasn't anyone playing the game with him.

I do think I might've been sitting there, watching someone play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on an original Genesis, before this point, but, I didn't get to play it. Then, they threw it away, because it was making "weird noises".

No idea what the first videogame I ever played in my own home was. Could've been Frogger (1997. Maybe, Roller Coaster Tycoon.
I'm really not sure.

DugMachine said:
Uh some mario game where they're babies n stuff. I probably more before but that's the earliest I can remember.
I'm guessing this is either Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island or Mario & Luigi 2: Partners in Time.

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
I think it was Dragonstomper, for the Atari 2600... Suposedly the "first" RPG videogame, if you think of a "broad" definition of videogame RPGs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scN6IrWcVnc

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Super Mario Bros Deluxe on the Gameboy Color was my first game ever; it brought shame to my father who was a Genesis Gamer.

Although he made sure my first console game though was Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
An ageing Space Invaders arcade cabinet at the pub my Dad worked in, back in old 1989. Good times. By the time we moved away from there 3 years later I owned the high scores on that thing.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
Djinn8 said:
Frogger on a Coleco mini arcade. Defender and 1942 for Atari are also possibilites. As is Chucky Egg on BBC.

Woah, talk about a blast from the past. I remember a buddy of mine had Donkey-Kong on a little system like that. Come to think of it Frogger might have been one of the first video games I played. The first at home console game I played was Ghost & Goblins for the NES.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
My first game ever was at age 5, and it was Croc: Legend of the Gabbos for the Playstation

Threeseventyfive

Feb 25, 2012
Star Fox 64 on the Nintendo 64.

Although I didn't really become a gamer until like last gen. Halo CE and Nascar 2002 on PC.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Some kind of Pre-school learning game, can't remember the name.

If you don't count that as a game, then either Pokemon Crystal or Super Mario Sunshine.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I've been gaming since I was three; I have no idea what the very first game was. Probably Solitaire on Windows 3.1, since my dad used it to teach me the basics of Windows, but that doesn't really count, and even if it did, it could still be any number of DOS, Atari 2600, NES, and Sega Genesis games.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I'm not sure exactly what my first game was... I think it might have been Super Mario Land? I know the first gaming machine I owned was a GameBoy Pocket.

I vividly remember the day I got my first home console. It was a school day, my Mum came into my room and told me not to get ready for school, because we were going out to buy a N64. The first game we bought was Mario Party 1. I remember we were so excited we couldn't wait to get home to play it, so we stopped at my Grandad's house on the way home and played it there. We spend the entire day playing Mario Party. Then when my Dad came home, he'd picked up Mario Kart 64 on the way.

Best. Day. Ever.

Josufu

Jun 13, 2010
For the PC? I can't remember if it was Rogue or Captain Comic . . . so long ago, now . . . for consoles, it was probably The Legend of Zelda at my babysitter's house.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
My parents rented an NES for the night and with it Kid Niki and Super Mario Bros, we played Kid Niki first...