New Clue Added to BioWare's Mysterious Game Tease

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Clue Added to BioWare's Mysterious Game Tease

If you wondered what the guy in the ever-so-short BioWare trailer was aiming at, we've got the answer, and believe me, it's not what you expect.

A leaked image from the trailer to BioWare's mysterious new game hints that our next adventure might be a pretty bleak one. According to the source that leaked the picture - who didn't reveal what the game was, so not to spoil it for everyone - the announcement will have hardcore BioWare fans jumping out of their seats in delight.

The image shows a first person view down what appears to be a rifle's scope. What's alarming about the image is that the gunman appears to be aiming at a woman running to help a child. All around the scene is twisted metal and concrete, as if some disaster has befallen a city. EA has confirmed that the image is a shot from the soon to be revealed trailer, but when asked if it would be a trailer for Mass Effect 3, the publisher declined to say one way or the other, saying that it wouldn't "comment on rumor and speculation."

It could be that the shooter is about to do something terrible to the poor woman, but it could also be that he's covering her and the child in order to protect them. Going back and watching the tiny snippet of trailer that BioWare released last month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105366-Get-a-Glimpse-at-BioWares-New-Project] - in which an injured soldier takes aim at something off camera with a rifle - the shooter could even be looking for whatever destroyed the transport he was in, as the wound on his leg looks fresh, suggesting that whatever caused it is still close by. Unfortunately, with so little to go on we could speculate for weeks and still not get it right.

The big reveal comes at the Spike Videogame awards on December 11th. I must admit that I'm hoping it's not Mass Effect 3, not because I don't want to play it, but rather because having so much build-up for a game that everyone knows is coming seems a waste. The game does appear to be futuristic in tone however, so it could be ME3, but it could also be a game set elsewhere in the Mass Effect universe - and there's plenty of universe to go around - or even something new entirely.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=279763]

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Ah, a birthday present from BioWare on Saturday... I can't wait to find out what the game is on December 11th. The scope is orange which suggests its the same as the Sniper Rifles in Mass Effect 2 which were orange when you went into scope... I think.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Oh man, everyone went batsh-t crazy about the 'sex' in Mass Effect 1, how do you think the public will react when they find out that Bioware's new game lets you blow innocent women and children's heads off :p

Sgt. Sandstorm

Nov 27, 2010
So the game will contain [speculation] a woman and kid getting shot by a sniper? [/speculation]... I see controversy :p

EDIT: Hahaha, posted under a second apart ^^

icyneesan said:
Oh man, everyone went batsh-t crazy about the 'sex' in Mass Effect 1, how do you think the public will react when they find out that Bioware's new game lets you blow innocent women and children's heads off :p

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Please yes - another game in the Mass Effect universe that does not focus around Shepard!

That would be pretty much all of my prayers answered tbh. I mean sure Shepard's trilogy will most likely kick too much ass, but the universe is just...well frankly after seeing the depth into which it went in ME2 I'd really want to see a bit more of it. Even though I usually hate franchises. <.<

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Maybe we'll get to be evil and kill unarmed children! Man, Fox news would have a field day...
I'm just hoping for something new, but if it's ME3, I'll be happy to know more about it!

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
It's crosshair from ME2 sniper rifles. ME Universe confirmed, if guy wearing a typical armor from these times and holding sniper rifle from ME2 wasn't enough.

It looks like First Contact War for me (ruins are from colony destroyed by turian fleet). You know, ideal setting for a multiplayer game in ME universe - it already happened, so it won't leak anything from ME3, you still have good tech but not as effective as in ME1-2, and there are two sides that have fought open battles there (there are soldiers rushing to fight in one of ME1 artworks).

So, Call Of Mass : Duty Effect.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
theriddlen said:
I too suspected it to be the game EA's been touting as a means to topple Call of Duty, in the same misguided attempt that Corporate gaming thrives on.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
theriddlen said:
It's crosshair from ME2 sniper rifles. ME Universe confirmed, if guy wearing a typical armor from these times and holding sniper rifle from ME2 wasn't enough.

It looks like First Contact War for me (ruins are from colony destroyed by turian fleet). You know, ideal setting for a multiplayer game in ME universe - it already happened, so it won't leak anything from ME3, you still have good tech but not as effective as in ME1-2, and there are two sides that have fought open battles there (there are soldiers rushing to fight in one of ME1 artworks).

I agree about the look of the sniper scope, and as for the idea of it being about the first contact war... that... actually sounds pretty cool o_O

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
New game please. Thou i wouldnt mind knowing a bit more of whats to come in ME3 too. Buts yes NEW GAME PLEASE. Thanks :D

p.s. since its from EA its more apt to call the game "Mass of Honor: Medal Effect" or something XD

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
He might not be shooting or covering them, he could have just seen movement and is checking out his surrounding with the magnified scope on his gun...

tarislan

Jan 25, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
theriddlen said:

I agree about the look of the sniper scope, and as for the idea of it being about the first contact war... that... actually sounds pretty cool o_O
I've gotta agree - a First Contact War game would be mighty nifty.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Oh, also remember that orange scopes are used by Cerberus, while Alliance utilizes blue color.
So it will be somehow connected with Cerberus. Anyone who read the latest ME novel got any clues?

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Somehow I doubt that the announcement will have hardcore Bioware fans jumping out of their seats in delight. Well maybe by EA's definition of a hardcore Bioware fan.

May 25, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't BioWare a relatively small studio? And they're working on what, 5 games at the same time? (Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, this new one (assuming it's not ME3 after all), The Old Republic, Mass Effect 2 on PS3)

These kinds of decisions are entirely up to them, I suppose, but it doesn't exactly fill me with hope as to how good each one will be.

Feb 19, 2010
hmm. mass effect clothes are more like futurama. im gonna say a whole different thing, cos bioware, does not need speculation about ME3 cos they said in ME2 OMG WERE MAKEING ME3 dont format ur harddrive or anyting k

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
theriddlen said:
I too suspected it to be the game EA's been touting as a means to topple Call of Duty, in the same misguided attempt that Corporate gaming thrives on.
I'm really hoping that's not what that is, I hope Bioware is more creative than that.
Though considering EA holds the reins now, it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

I'm still holding out hope for a new IP.