New COD game annouced; Going back to Cold War era

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sounds like activision might be kinda dipping its toes into the alt right a bit with this game.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Like metal gear solid 4.
You're pretty good!

Yeah, the intial trailer was a little bit thought provoking, though there was no way the game was going to live up to it. Now that we've seen the Gipper trailer, I was like "Oh, some russian with a nuke fetish". Because clearly there weren't enough nukes around during the Cold War (Or even today, for that matter).

Or they'll try to pull some "mindfuck" twist that will be a lot dumber then they think it is.

Not the first time they've done shit like this.

There's also the entire plot of Ghosts, that brown people from South of the Border are just waiting to come get us. Which is why we need an orbiting doomsday weapon that they can hijack to use on us because they're evil but it's okay for us to use it on them because we're good.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
It's okay guys, it's not "POLITICAL"

So all that stuff about the commies sowing discord in the US and Reagan ordering people to do illegal stuff for freedom? Not political.

Words apparently have lost all meaning now and there literally aren't enough rolleyes in the world for this.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's okay guys, it's not "POLITICAL"

So all that stuff about the commies sowing discord in the US and Reagan ordering people to do illegal stuff for freedom? Not political.

Words apparently have lost all meaning now and there literally aren't enough rolleyes in the world for this.
Fucking cowards. It's always the same: "WE'RE NOT POLITICAL!" Been saying the same shit since Black Ops 2. You have no principles! No conviction other than greed. Say whatever you will about Kojima or Suda, but they have plenty of politics in their games with little to no backlash. Ghost of Tsushima has politics. Late 1200s Japanese, caste system politics, of course, but Sucker Punch was not afraid to dive deep. Deeper than Activision. Jesus, Streets of Rage as a whole series more open about its politics, and it's a fucking brawler! Plenty of movies stories thrive on politics with no where near as much controversy and less suits pulling the "WE'RE NOT POLITICAL!" bullshit. What makes the game industry so special. There have been politics in games since Missile Command. The fear of Nuclear Armageddon during the Cold War, hello! Fuck you Activsion, fuck the assholes you're trying to pander too, and fuck your price hike. The Wolfenstein series has more balls than you. At least they bother to show generational racism and systematic racism is bad thing. And not just racism from the Nazi's or Germany. Especially the New Order and New Colossus.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Welp, it looks like the mild interest I had for this game just got tossed out the window; Behold their plant for current gen and next gen

Their words

I can't even TL;DR this; It has to be one of the most ccnfusing, stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's worse than the new NBA plan
I think what I'm getting is that getting the physical version means you are getting shafted hard

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Welp, it looks like the mild interest I had for this game just got tossed out the window; Behold their plant for current gen and next gen

Their words

I can't even TL;DR this; It has to be one of the most ccnfusing, stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's worse than the new NBA plan
I think what I'm getting is that getting the physical version means you are getting shafted hard
Well, I haven't bought a COD since Infinite Warfare and I don't think I'll be buying this one either.

I've got plenty of other games in the backlog to deal with. Like Dark Souls 3 or FF7Remake or the Majoras Mask.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Is no one going to mention how COD has now completed almost two cycles of settings?
Doesn't need to be said. They've rebooted Modern Warfare, and Black Ops has gone so black, it slipped, and wound up in the past.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
And it's going to be $70. Thanks allot extra credits. You're so progressive except when it comes to people's wallets.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Hey, don't know if it's been brought up here or not yet, but big bad "no politics here" Activision actually pulled the first teaser trailer and replaced it because China caught wind of some Tiannamen Square footage and blocked it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And it's going to be $70. Thanks allot extra credits. You're so progressive except when it comes to people's wallets.
That's what happens when you let a b!tch-in-a-box-stand or corporate dick sucker take charge. From what someone else told me on the old V1 forum, the original crew has long left EC.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, if nothing else, at least we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic-caused recession when they said that.

Hey, don't know if it's been brought up here or not yet, but big bad "no politics here" Activision actually pulled the first teaser trailer and replaced it because China caught wind of some Tiannamen Square footage and blocked it.
Can't let truth endanger access to that ripe Chinese market, right?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, if nothing else, at least we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic-caused recession when they said that.

Can't let truth endanger access to that ripe Chinese market, right?
I honestly didn’t think high end PC gaming was popular in China. Figured them for a more eSports/MMO crowd that can be played on low powered Desktops/Laptops.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
So a CG Ronald Reagan will send you on a CONTRAS support mission(probably), but it's okay because you can pick which pronouns he'll use.
And all of that stricly NON-POLITICAL.
Another thing in this cursed year that makes satire seem obsolete.

Replied in pm.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Why stop here? Let's just double, triple, and quadruple down!

XP and killstreak microtransactions
Lootbox gears
A separate season pass for zombies and multiplayer
Partner with mount dew or doritos for exclusive content