New Dead Island: Riptide Bundle Offers Bloody Boobs

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
why couldnt it just have been a sexy lady clad in in a bikini with all of her limbs and head intact? maybe holding a machine gun? "because we wanted it to be sexy AND horrifying"

this is very strange,i dont understand why someone would want such a gruesome and yet provocative model unless they wanted to be a serial killer, but havent quite worked up the nerve to actually kill a lady and eat her limbs yet.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow, they actually made something as equally as bad to that pregnant Alma figure from that FEAR 3 special Edition?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Why? Why? Why? Oh dear God why did no one at Deep Silver think this one through?

Ignoring the cleavage for a second, they are offering a statue of a severed torso... A. Severed. Torso. Now I'm not adverse to gore but I believe my reaction to seeing a severed torso statue in someone's house is going to be similar to most everyday folk. That is to say not likely hanging around to double check that it is just a statue. The thing is just completely tasteless and borderline sick.

It gets worse when taking into account recent events, in which many people and organisations who already like to put the boot into games are even more searching for mud to sling our way. Well they now have a full can of petrol and a load of matches thanks to Deep Silver. Wouldn't it have been better to reconsider your promotion Deep Silver? Now the likes of Fox and The Sun can point and say "look at those gamers and what they think is expectable home décor, clearly these people are violence obsessed psychotics." And the sad thing is many will believe that.

But then to the top it off we have the... main event as it where. Not content to have a tasteless statue, they give an otherwise blood stained, mutilated corpse huge breasts that have largely been spared the fate of the rest of the body, as well as being surprisingly clean and perky given the circumstances. How can that be construed in any other way than blatant sex appeal, which granted is often par for the course for many games, but combining that with a severed torso statue was just asking for needless controversy.

I honestly find it baffling that the developers and the publisher had though this was a good idea and that no one even raised an eyebrow when this was first suggested as a product promotion, and find it worrying that this is the type of thing they think appeals to a large section of gamers. Although I will say one thing, these guys make EA's marketing department look competent and on the ball compared to them, so congratulations Deep Silver I don't think EA can top this any time soon.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
Not Matt said:
my mother and i was discussing how videogames weren't just violence and gore when I logged on to the site. guess what i lost the argument because of this.
You could point out to her that everyone thinks it's needlessly gratuitous and, for that matter, needless in general.

Seriously, what were they thinking? That thing's just plain gross. It's clearly meant to titillate, but titillate who? Necrophiliacs? Serial killers? Are they a major demographic now?

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
wow... this is stupid! they are already blaming us for the school shooting, why give them MORE to use against us with?

"gamers adores sick grotesque depiction of limbless headless women torso model. This kind of sick fetish is what harbors our psychos/lunatics/mass-murders/rapist, how far/long will this mind rotting trends continues to intoxicate our children? Are we going to stand and let this evil trend continue to train our youth in to psychotic murders? Or is it time to put a stop this murder simulation your kids call 'games'..." <insert your favorite politicians, news speakers, talk show hosts, 60min lady...ETC>

yeah... no... just... no....

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
So, what's the over/under on how long before someone starts trolling forums with a shot of one of these covered in semen?

Phaeton99

Jun 24, 2009
This is just so very wrong... on so many levels.

Tasteless?

Yes, but the zombie apocalypse is nothing if not tasteless. This, however, does not seem to quite fit that specific variety of tastelessness. There is "body horror" and whole "living dead" aesthetic, but this is more like something an axe-murderer would keep as a trophy.

Perhaps I simply missed the point of Dead Island, but I was under the fairly firm impression it was not a police procedural, killer shark tale, nor in the misogynous slasher genre...

Let's hope it's not "modeled from life" or represents the developers' "personnel experiences". (x _ X)

(It does seem a bit too fresh, too, for the genre. Perhaps it would be better more decayed, or "zombie green"? But then it would not be "sexy"... right...)

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
"Discerning gamer". That's funny. Anyone still remember when they got into trouble for "Feminist whore"?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
VanQQisH said:
You know, for all the people that will call this "tasteless" or "childish" or that one word we all know and love "sexist," I can't bring myself to agree. People have been making statues and art of the female body for quite literally thousands of years. And for some reason that belongs in a museum and this doesn't? Fucking hypocritical.

You know why we've been making art like this for so long? Because the female body is a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm gonna have to go with my old pal Kenichiro Takaki, producer of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.
"Tits are life, ass is hometown."

That guy is probably more mature than most people that will oppose such an object. Because those that deny the female form are probably just children trying to act like an adult. Protip: Guys don't stop liking tits just because they reached some magical age barrier. An adult just learns to accept they aren't perfect and that life should be enjoyed for all the splendor and "bounty" the world has to offer. If you get my drift.

But seriously, with cuts and lacerations like that, I don't think I'll be getting my rocks off to it anytime soon. Looks painful and icky. My beef isn't with people that dislike the bust, you have every right to dislike it. My beef is with the people that will just blindly go into a frenzy and foam at the mouth while shouting because there's some skin showing. Acting like they are some moral crusader on a mission from above to stop the sexualization of God damn anything because thinking lewd thoughts is for naughty little children that should be punished.
Right. I too consider the female body a beautiful thing to behold. It's just that, y'know, normally I like that with the limbs still attached. Or more accurately, without the arms and head having been clearly torn off, complete with jutting bone remanants. Do you want to know why those examples of art belong in a museum and this doesn't? Because those pieces of art weren't coated in painted blood, they weren't going "check out the gore on this one", and they weren't being mass produced for a collector's edition release!

I mean if it was just a torso, breasts and all, then your argument would make sense. As it is it's a torso covered in horrible, disgusting injuries. Can you see how it's not hypocritcal to find the female body beautiful, but not the multilated female body? I mean seriously, I looked at this and felt kind of sick. I'm not saying no one is ever allowed to enjoy this, but to call people childish and hypocritical for not liking the idea of a model of a mutilated corpse? Really?

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
So, what's the over/under on how long before someone starts trolling forums with a shot of one of these covered in semen?
I really wish you hadn't put that thought in my head... eeeccchhhh

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
Dude, if you're going to sell boobs at least make them look natural. These look like a pair of silicon sandwich bags ready to explode.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Orbot_Vectorman said:
VanQQisH said:
You know, for all the people that will call this "tasteless" or "childish" or that one word we all know and love "sexist," I can't bring myself to agree. People have been making statues and art of the female body for quite literally thousands of years. And for some reason that belongs in a museum and this doesn't? Fucking hypocritical.

You know why we've been making art like this for so long? Because the female body is a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm gonna have to go with my old pal Kenichiro Takaki, producer of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.
"Tits are life, ass is hometown."

That guy is probably more mature than most people that will oppose such an object. Because those that deny the female form are probably just children trying to act like an adult. Protip: Guys don't stop liking tits just because they reached some magical age barrier. An adult just learns to accept they aren't perfect and that life should be enjoyed for all the splendor and "bounty" the world has to offer. If you get my drift.
Way to bring the hammer down VanQQisH! As both an artist and a guy who enjoys Guro type art, I whole heartily agree with you. To be honest, I would pre order this but I lack the funds and the X-box for the game.

But I can't help but be amused with the whole thing here, I guess I'm going to grab a bowl of popcorn and watch the controversial sparks fly.

PS: If any one does find just the sculpture for sale, send me a link thank you. :D
Yeah, it's really beautiful how that woman's torso is utterly mutilated yet her secondary sexual characteristics remain intact so that the creeps will have something to gawk at in tandem with their weird-ass fetish.

Aug 31, 2012
fapfapfapfapfapfapfap...er...I mean...that's terrible. Digusting, shouldn't be allowed. Ban this sick filth!

>_> <_<

...fapfapfapfapfapfap

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
I kinda like (well, maybe like is the wrong word but you get my point) That this body is all slashed up and chewed on... Except for the breasts, they're just fine. Apparently even zombies have a problem with biting someone's tits. (And stomach, I guess...) Or maybe they can just sense silicon, Ba-dum-tish.

Still, this seems like an object that very few people, most of them likely in a niche market, will want to use for it's intended purpose. And in that respect, you have to admit, it fits really really well with Dead Island. HYOO- Sorry, I just had to.

Captcha: Go berserk.
Nah, I'm cool. If they think this is a good idea, I guess power to them? If you're worried about it making gaming look worse, just use the fairly obvious argument: It's just a selective group of dudes doing this, not the entire industry. (Not to THIS degree, anyway.)