New Far Cry 5 trailer showcases the villain.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

This game is gonna be controversial with its subject matter I am certain.

Even though the PC version is gonna be gimped so bad by DRM, I am still looking forward to this game. If only I had a PS4 Pro :(

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Looks good, I'm glad that they didn't try to make the villain into Vaas like they did in Far Cry 4.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Samtemdo8 said:
This game is gonna be controversial with its subject matter I am certain.
For demonizing religious zealotry? I thought the Internet was in favor of that.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I have hopes for the game, but to be honest I'm kinda tired of the Far Cry Formula.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Commanderfantasy said:
I have hopes for the game, but to be honest I'm kinda tired of the Far Cry Formula.
Well so far I prefer the FarCry formula over the Assassin's Creed formula at the moment.

Unless Assassin's Creed goes back to Medieval Europe. Ala Hundred Years War England and France.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
meh. its far cry. same recycle ubisoft open world game. FC3 was good but 4 and primal both suck.

maybe if its good it will hold me till Metro Exodus.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Commanderfantasy said:
Well so far I prefer the FarCry formula over the Assassin's Creed formula at the moment.

Unless Assassin's Creed goes back to Medieval Europe. Ala Hundred Years War England and France.
To be fair. I simply don't like Assassin's Creed in general. So I know nothing about their formula. That historical fiction bullcrap doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
i am concern about the portrayal of bears in this. We kill much more politely than those rabid hollywood versions. We also are good at friendly, cooperative fishing and can drive when in dire need of fragrant toilet roll

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
B-Cell said:
meh. its far cry. same recycle ubisoft open world game. FC3 was good but 4 and primal both suck.

Dude, I play many, MANY, shooters in my time. I own all the classical doom-like shooters you enjoy on GOG.com.

I got Duke Nukem, I got Shadow Warrior, I got Blood: On Whole Unit, I got Quake, I got Unreal, all that shit, I even played Brutal Doom.

I get it, but for fuck's sake don't be disingenuous that those games are not recycled aswell.

Doom 1 and 2 are carbon copies of each other.

Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior are the same game in just different coats of paint. Like how Far Cry 3 and 4 are the same game with different coats of paint.

But at its core the gameplay is still fine.

I like Doom like games, I like Metro/STALKER, and I like COD and Far Cry, because in the end their all good games in my eyes.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
B-Cell said:

Dude, I play many, MANY, shooters in my time. I own all the classical doom-like shooters you enjoy on GOG.com.

I got Duke Nukem, I got Shadow Warrior, I got Blood: On Whole Unit, I got Quake, I got Unreal, all that shit, I even played Brutal Doom.

I get it, but for fuck's sake don't be disingenuous that those games are not recycled aswell.

Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior are the same game in just different coats of paint. Like how Far Cry 3 and 4 are the same game with different coats of paint.

I like Doom like games, I like Metro/STALKER, and I like COD and Far Cry, because in the end their all good games in my eyes.
You are wasting your time.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't care its set in the US? Like...so? They're just crazy radicals, like every other Far Cry game. Just now they kinda' have the same skintone as me.

Oh the offense? I thought inclusion was what we wanted? Finally a game where the white dude is the villain! I was tired of snide British people and vaguely African/Middle Easterners with even worse British accents being the villains.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Looks good, I'm glad that they didn't try to make the villain into Vaas like they did in Far Cry 4.
Actually, there's some pretty key differences between Vaas and Pagan. Also, Pagan is actually relatable once you know his backstory.

Samtemdo8 said:

I think I get what B-Cell is saying though. I mean, in terms of gameplay improvements, FC5 really does just look like a reskinned FC4 with a few neat but unexciting additions. And FC4 was kind of a reskin of FC3 with a few neat but unexciting additions as well. And I say this as a Far Cry fan.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Actually, there's some pretty key differences between Vaas and Pagan. Also, Pagan is actually relatable once you know his backstory.

Samtemdo8 said:

I think I get what B-Cell is saying though. I mean, in terms of gameplay improvements, FC5 really does just look like a reskinned FC4 with a few neat but unexciting additions. And FC4 was kind of a reskin of FC3 with a few neat but unexciting additions as well. And I say this as a Far Cry fan.
I know that, but I enjoy the core game regardless, and somtimes the different settings is enough to make me interested. Setting wise this is radically more different from FarCry 3 than 4 was. And I still think Primal is underrated.

I just think no one would complain if they sell these games at 30 dollars at the least.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
B-Cell said:

There are tons of other genres than FPSs.

Samtemdo8 said:
I just think no one would complain if they sell these games at 30 dollars at the least.
Price doesn't matter. If a game is worth your time, then it's worth playing. Lots of people are tired of the Ubisoft formula or they find another formula is now better, which makes the game not worth playing even if the game was free. It's sorta like how done I am with the Arkham combat system (even though it's good) but every fucking game adopted it (even Uncharted 3). I find the Ubisoft formula (excluding AssCreed, which just blows) better than the Rockstar formula and I was tired of it after playing FarCry 3 and Watch Dogs even though I enjoyed those games. I much prefer the meatier experiences of say a Dishonored, which is everything AssCreed should've been.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Really looking forward to this game. Enjoyed all recent Far Cry games and the time between releases for me is long enough to not get tired of them. FC5 definitely looks like it improved Far Cry in a lot of ways though. Far Cry is probably also the only game where I actually enjoy the Ubisoft template. It just works well when you're out in nature winning back territory.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
My fear is that Ubisoft won't go far enough with this and try some "both sides" bullshit in a misaimed attempt for "depth."

Jan 27, 2011
Total religious crazy dude the villain? Alright, I can roll with this. :D Gimme my C4, sniper and grenade launcher and lets free us a dozen outposts or so!

I REALLY hope they properly justify why the army's not rolling up after 2 weeks of their shit, though. I mean, there's only so much shit anyone can get away with before finally the government goes "Alright, enough is enough".

I skipped on 4, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get this one.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
aegix drakan said:
Total religious crazy dude the villain? Alright, I can roll with this. :D Gimme my C4, sniper and grenade launcher and lets free us a dozen outposts or so!

I REALLY hope they properly justify why the army's not rolling up after 2 weeks of their shit, though. I mean, there's only so much shit anyone can get away with before finally the government goes "Alright, enough is enough".

Well the government is extraordinarily inept at this kind of stuff. Like the people who took over a bird refugee lasted for over a month before peacefully giving up and only being convicted of minor stuff on the end (with many literally walking off free).

The game is a bit more surreal, but not that much tbh.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
aegix drakan said:

I be surprised if the game ends with the Federal Government interfering.

I am calling it now that one of the charcaters you meet in this game in an NSA/CIA Agent inflitrating the place and helping your character.