New Far Cry 5 trailer showcases the villain.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
^^*looks at zombie dlc info*
Well, FC5 just caught my attention. Depending on what they do with those zombies and how good it is, I might have to pick this thing up. Here's to hoping they really do something cool with all that open world goodness.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
The Video is blocked in my region sadly, so I googled it and this Ong Bak 2 looks hardly like a 10,000 BCE era setting.
A couple things.

1. Tech was actually more advanced than you might think back in that time. They could have made something up to explain it.

2. It didn't HAVE to be set in 10,000 BCE. It could have been set during the times of pre-Medieval conquest.

3. Whatever the reason why they chose to make the game in that time period and to play that particular way doesn't really matter in the end because it resulted in a sub-par product that could have been so much more.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I?m still undecided on this one. It depends if no other shooter stands out to me between now and release. Would be nice to hear some player feedback from both fans of the series and shooter fans in general. The dlc is another thing I?m debating on just getting the Gold Edition for or waiting for the inevitable ?complete? edition at half price.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
hanselthecaretaker said:
I?m still undecided on this one. It depends if no other shooter stands out to me between now and release. Would be nice to hear some player feedback from both fans of the series and shooter fans in general. The dlc is another thing I?m debating on just getting the Gold Edition for or waiting for the inevitable ?complete? edition at half price.
The game is coming out next month.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I think it would?ve been cool if one of the dlc?s was for the player being reincarnated as a grizzly bear, and having to survive hunters and other human encroachment upon your environment. You could catch salmon the real way, and set your very own ?bear? traps on unsuspecting intruders. I?d buy that day one.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Ubisoft is giving surprisingly little coverage to the fact that the "new deputy sheriff" character the player embodies is a custom player creation, rather than a single pre-determined individual, like in 1, 3, and 4. It's a far more interesting facet to me than how they're trying to hype their villain.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Callate said:
Ubisoft is giving surprisingly little coverage to the fact that the "new deputy sheriff" character the player embodies is a custom player creation, rather than a single pre-determined individual, like in 1, 3, and 4. It's a far more interesting facet to me than how they're trying to hype their villain.
I forgot they added a character creation system.

But I wonder if the plot will take a hit because the protagonist is a blank slate mute? Or else they added dialoge options like Mass Effect?

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Callate said:

But I wonder if the plot will take a hit because the protagonist is a blank slate mute? Or else they added dialoge options like Mass Effect?
Well, the other FC titles didn't have dialogue choices (not that I can remember off the top of my head, anyway). They probably just did two voice overs (1 male, 1 female) for the game's lines (like in Mass Effect.)

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
TheFinish said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Callate said:

Well, the other FC titles didn't have dialogue choices (not that I can remember off the top of my head, anyway). They probably just did two voice overs (1 male, 1 female) for the game's lines (like in Mass Effect.)
This summarizes my thoughts on what it might be too. Mass Effect / Fallout 4 style voiceovers minus the dialogue choices.