New Mass Effect 2 DLC Coming in June - UPDATED

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
No pricing or specific release date has been set
Gamespot has it down as "... Available in June for 560 points (£4.60, $7) ..."

Can't wait for it, I'll happily get it - the prices of these new DLC's coupled with the free earlier ones average out nicely in my eyes.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Is it just me, or does that remind anyone of Zordon?

"Go go Cerberus Rangers!"

But seriously, I'm kinda sick of DLC for ME and DA now. None of it is that good. How about instead of making small chunks they start to make one big epic plot and charge more for it? It'd be happy with that.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Why does this rouge AI in a lab sound like the set up to one big bad portal joke?

SharedProphet

Oct 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
No new characters will be added by Overlord, Hudson said, or by any future DLC for that matter, making Kasumi Goto [http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/squad/kasumi/] the final member of the crew.
So Liara isn't coming back? Guess I'm not buying any ME2 DLC...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe. SHODAN redux lol. I'm looking forward to what will be in this! :D

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
BioWare is saying 560 MS/BW Points. So that's about $6 give or take.

Might check this out after I finish playing through the first Mass Effect to 60 on Insanity.
Hmmm, 560MS for a DLC with no story influences or characters. I am a huge Mass Effect fan but this doesn't seem very exciting. I imagine I will probably still get it at some point seeing as I like the game a lot and don't have any purchases coming up.

Oddly enough level 60 on Insanity was quite easy, My character was a soldier with all the passive abilities maxed out, so I healed pretty much level with how much damage I took.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Skipping it. All of Bioware's DLC has been a huge disappointment so far.
If you like I can post that in every Bioware DLC related thread for you, it'll save you the time and effort. Plus the annoyance it causes me wondering why you seem to seek out Bioware DLC related threads just to announce it.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
As expected, people don't realize that people working on ME2 DLC and the ME3 team are probably separate, meaning DLC isn't harming the development schedule of ME3. Also, "baww it's $5-7." Really? That's less than an hour at minimum wage.

I'm with those taking the wait and see approach, however. Not sure I want to play an elongated version of ME1's Rogue VI mission. Hell, there was a side mission in ME2 to deal with a station's malfunctioning, hostile VI already. I realize there's a difference between VI and AI, but that won't change the fact that it might feel like walking through old territory.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
If Bioware is samrt they'd use this to connect to another plot point in ME or ME2. Firewalker was stand-alone but it added a new mechcanic. Kasumi added a new character you could take around with you.

So far this comes across a little like "Bring down the sky" without some of the neater story elements.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
The fact that Kasumi would be the last recruitable character was pretty obvious since she took up the last free spot on the character select screen.

So far I've been a massive hypocrite and bought every piece of ME2 DLC released even though I'm usually pretty vocal about my dislike for DLC, and don't mean to change that for Overlord. I'm just a sucker for more Mass Effect.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I love ME2, but a new game on insanity sounds good to me, and will keep me occupied for a fair while!

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I may or may not be skipping it. All of the DLC (with the exception of Kasumi, which is supposed to be pretty good) has been mediocre at best, even the free stuff. The only problem with this is that it adds nothing except story, which, while not bad in itself, makes me wonder why there's no new weapons or armor. With the whole stopping a rogue Ai and geth thing, you'd think there's be some advanced guns or armor or something. I'll wait until after release to see how this one goes over. Kasumi was far too short for the price tag, but this one might be worth it.

SharedProphet

Oct 9, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
The fact that Kasumi would be the last recruitable character was pretty obvious since she took up the last free spot on the character select screen.
My character select screen doesn't have a spot for Kasumi, because I don't have the DLC...

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
SharedProphet said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
My character select screen doesn't have a spot for Kasumi, because I don't have the DLC...
Hm, I seem to remember having an empty spot on the side. Eh, maybe my memories are mixed up from when I did have the DLC but hadn't recruited here yet.