New Mass Effect 2 DLC Coming in June - UPDATED

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Legion said:
Oddly enough level 60 on Insanity was quite easy, My character was a soldier with all the passive abilities maxed out, so I healed pretty much level with how much damage I took.
I'm trying to get there as an Infiltrator.

Defines "Insanity," I know.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
More Mass Effect 2 DLC coming is just icing on the delicious, delicious cake ME2 was. I'll happily buy this if it gives me yet another excuse to delve into the Mass Effect universe once more, especially if new achievements are added.

BlueInkAlchemist said:
Legion said:
Oddly enough level 60 on Insanity was quite easy, My character was a soldier with all the passive abilities maxed out, so I healed pretty much level with how much damage I took.
I'm trying to get there as an Infiltrator.

Defines "Insanity," I know.
I highly recommend using the Master Spectre items, seeing as I'm playing ME again myself. All you have to do is get the 1-Million-Credit achievement on any character, then you'll be able to buy the Master Spectre weapons for a couple hundred thousand credits apiece.

You can even use them playing on Casual difficulty, so long as you unlocked the achievement on some other file using some other character.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The Lawnmower Man meets Mass Effect 2?

This actually sounds interesting enough to buy.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
There is no more free DLC for those of us that got the Cerberus card free with the pre-order. If we want it, we have to pay for it like everyone else.

This one might be worth getting, depending on how long it takes to complete.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
McNinja said:
The only problem with this is that it adds nothing except story, which, while not bad in itself, makes me wonder why there's no new weapons or armor.
There is. Both Zaeed's and Kasmui's mission have both added upgrades and Kasumi added a new SMG. The Cerberus network comes with new armor (or several?), a new shotgun, a new heavy weapon, and the Hammerhead (which also has an upgrade in it), if you can call that a new weapon. There was also a recently released pack with some new head armor pieces and a one piece suit.

This seems like it'll be better than Kasumi's mission. Lost Memory was fun, and the SMG you get with it is great, but still fell a bit short than what I was hoping for. Guess it all depends on how long the five levels are. If they are as long as the Hammerhead missions that would be a bad thing, since once you cut out the "mining" in those missions they last about five minutes each. As long as a side mission? That'd be better, though some side missions are fairly short themselves. I'm not sure what I except for $7, but 10 or 15 minutes per level, not including dialogue sections, seems about right.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
kibayasu said:
McNinja said:
The only problem with this is that it adds nothing except story, which, while not bad in itself, makes me wonder why there's no new weapons or armor.
There is. Both Zaeed's and Kasmui's mission have both added upgrades and Kasumi added a new SMG. The Cerberus network comes with new armor (or several?), a new shotgun, a new heavy weapon, and the Hammerhead (which also has an upgrade in it), if you can call that a new weapon. There was also a recently released pack with some new head armor pieces and a one piece suit.
I figured the "in this DLC" was implied. I am well aware of the other armor that has been released since Mass Effect 2's release, but I was just wondering why there would not be any new armor contained within a very technological setting where new armor and weapons probably would be.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
McNinja said:
I figured the "in this DLC" was implied. I am well aware of the other armor that has been released since Mass Effect 2's release, but I was just wondering why there would not be any new armor contained within a very technological setting where new armor and weapons probably would be.
But there's no information on that either way. Could be a new anything in it.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
kibayasu said:
McNinja said:
But there's no information on that either way. Could be a new anything in it.
Check the Bioware forums. This is a purely story-oriented mission pack. Got some new dialogue, but no new characters (squadmates), weapons, or armor.

Megawizard

Mar 24, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Punisher A.J. said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Skipping it. All of Bioware's DLC has been a huge disappointment so far. Except "Stone Prisoner", and that was free.
actually that was $15.... unless you get a NEW!!! copy of the game which also came with blood dragon armor which was like the best armor in.... mass effect 2?
And pretty damn good in Dragon Age, too. It was armor for both games. Anyway, I only buy games new if I can. If they don't have it new, and I'm to lazy to wait for delivery online, that's the only time I buy used.
At least it WAS pretty darn good in DA until their one patch nerfed the hell out of it.