New Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Footage Shows Off Capture the Flag

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Sporadic chaos said:
That flag carrier was freaking brutal! This game is gonna be a first day buy for me.
Obvious choreograph is obvious.
Seriously, on the PC no one is that tactical. On LIVE? Fuck now. Everyone is to busy screaming "***** ****** JEWFACE **** JUGGERFAG LEWL"

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I made a bet with my freind that I ended up wining. He has to but the best special edition pacakge, and then gives me the night vision goggles. Oh the fun we will have!

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
Slycne said:
vivaldiscool said:
I don't know about everyone else, but I almost never run out of ammo unless I'm doing tremendiously well. Kinda seems like a useless perk.
Try a few sessions with the AK. It's still one of my favorite assault rifles in the game but with only 90 rounds of ammo. I often find myself needing to pick up weapons.
While I won't deny it's happened to me before, it should be a pretty rare occurrence unless you seriously spray and pray.

StoneSycst

Apr 16, 2009
Looks like the individual hit detection is up, like see when he shot a guy they fell on the side that they were shot, and shouted out in pain instead of collapsing like a half melted Play dough figurine into a pig pile of impossible angles.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
SWEET wonder if the riot shields can deflect Rpg's... probably not,maybe its just for gunfire on a specific mission in campaign, game looks great

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Somehow this doesn't look a thing like Modern Warfare and a lot more like Unreal Tournament.

I'm not complaining though, especially since games no longer end when the host quits.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Halfbreed13 said:
Sporadic chaos said:
That flag carrier was freaking brutal! This game is gonna be a first day buy for me.
Obvious choreograph is obvious.
Seriously, on the PC no one is that tactical. On LIVE? Fuck now. Everyone is to busy screaming "***** ****** JEWFACE **** JUGGERFAG LEWL"
Although they did all probably know each other, seeing as it was probably IW employees playing, and serious about games friends do use tactics.

OT: Not that I don't like Akimbo and Throwing Knives... wait, I don't like it. It all makes me hope that they have a fourth "gag" perk. Something that no real soldier would do, but it's still cool.

thecodemaster

Jul 6, 2009
Oh great, now there's going to be loads of people chucking knives around...

Other than that final clip, MW2 looks good - really clean and smooth, if you know what I mean.

The Kind Cannibal

Aug 19, 2008
Anyone else like how the sniper was positioned(Perhaps we'll have better sniping spots this time around.) and the sniping actually gives of a more realistic look and sound* to the third-person veiwer?

*To me all the guns in COD4 sounded like they came from a dollar store plastic toy. I will not tolerate that again.
newguy77 said:
OT: Not that I don't like Akimbo and Throwing Knives... wait, I don't like it. It all makes me hope that they have a fourth "gag" perk. Something that no real soldier would do, but it's still cool.
I'm all for that "gag" perk. Me and a few friends would love a little visual customization that no real soldier would use(blowtorch goggles and butcher aprons...)

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
The Kind Cannibal said:
newguy77 said:
I'm all for that "gag" perk. Me and a few friends would love a little visual customization that no real soldier would use(blowtorch goggles and butcher aprons...)
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it as well. I just don't want them to be serious with these perks.

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
Why is everyone so worked up about Riotshields...serriously.
Counter Strike had Riot Shields, and NOONE uses them.

Also i´ve had a real Riotshield in my hands and if that piece of Polycarbonate(which the one in the vid seems to look like) stops bullets im going to start a flamewar!
It´s a riotshield, not a fucking Kevlar-titanium polymere that somehow makes you invincible.

MW2 just seems to become a shooter that just threw in everything the fans screamed for.

"GOSH, it´ll be so epic if you had, like, the AC-130 Spectre in Multiplay, so NOT OVERPOWERED EYECANDY!"

And dual wielding Pistols?
So much for ANYTHING that made the MW multiplayer good!

Everyones gonna ***** at Martyrdom and nadespamming again anyway, since IW kindly left them in.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Looks fun. This and the fact I can actually get it for $79au online makes it hard to resist. I will wait a bit still I think, I don't want to support price rises. I will be far too busy with dragon age also. Looks nice though, and nice teamwork by the two guys there.

Jul 9, 2008
eoin90210 said:
was I the only one to notice the way it said "4 kill streak, press X for ammo drop"? Rewards for 3, 4 and 5 kill streaks!!!

00:53 for reference
No, 4 was "Armor", as in a tank. Awesome, as that means no usable vehicles.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
FUUUUUUUUU....

Damn, that's a pretty game. And it looks like a good one too. Now if only I had a 360...

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
0p3rati0n said:
what gun was he using a UMP 45? Also I think I'll be getting a 360 for christmas if I save enough money (reference to the thread "from Wii to 360 yet i can't") So this will be my first game for that (and my sister can get halo 3 >_> but she'll have to pay for that if she wants it that bad)
Nah he was using a SCAR for the first half of the footage; then picked up an MP5K for the latter.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Just another two months to struggle through, then I too can be a flag runner like in the video (except getting shot and killed 5 seconds after picking up the flag...)