New Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Footage Shows Off Capture the Flag

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Do want! I was surprised that they did not put CTF in the first one anyway.

ianrocks6495 said:
Riot shields are not going to work. No one is gonna use them.
They worked well in RS games, why wouldn't they work in this?

nYuknYuknYuk

Jul 12, 2009
Dommyboy said:
Do want! I was surprised that they did not put CTF in the first one anyway.

ianrocks6495 said:
Riot shields are not going to work. No one is gonna use them.
They worked well in RS games, why wouldn't they work in this?
No one will want to give up their gun for a riot shield. especially when on the ps3 and 360, you have all those players who just want kills and dont give a rats ass about how their team does. I would love for it to work, though.

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
I have just noticed something quite 'bad' I guess you could call it. If you play capture the flag in say Unreal Tournament 3 or Halo 3, whoever has the flag usualy has a disadvantage, mainly not being able to use guns or move slower.

Don't you think that its a little unfair that the flag carrier isnt exactly hampered in anyway? I posted earlier that it be great tactics to have team mates with riot shields protecting the flag carrier, but if the flag carrier can do all they originaly could anyway, a big part of teamwork and planning is lost.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Keane Ng said:
Torque669 said:
Wow I didnt know warfare nowadays included each time having a flag which the other team had to capture.
CTF is what makes modern warfare modern! Did they run around with flags back in WWII? I think not.
Of course they did. The only reason they attacked normandy is to get the Red team flag.

But being serious you have a point but it just doesnt feel right. Capture the Flag is more suited in jokingly FPS's like Timesplitters and Halo. Not COD. Or is it just Modern Warfare now?

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
Am i the only person who doesn't give a crap about this game yet? I know it will be awesome but at the moment i just don't care.

vf501

Oct 20, 2008
Call of Duty CTF never was like Halo or Unreal Tournament. With how fast a game goes and how fast you can die, not being able to shoot makes it unbalanced. If you played CoD1/UO you could run into the home base grab the flag and proceed to get stomped by people camping the flag, unless you had a good team.

Throwing Knives= win
Martyrdom= not win
Last Stand= not win

Any perk that doesn't reward failure is fine.

Prestige with additional custom classes better be in the PC version like it was in WaW, can't stand the 5 limit for customs in MW1.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
i knew throwing knives are awesome but...

you have guns! bullets! pew pew!

i guess its like a long range humiliation thing then...and i guess i could arrange a ninja battle with my friends...

and when the host elft i felt like i was playing...NOOOOOO! you idiot! why?!

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
JRCB said:
Knife throwing AND riot shields? This game is going to be awesome.
This game will be the orgasm of digital entertainment.
Normally, I hate hype, but this game deserves it. I only hope the story is as good as the gameplay...well, as good as a war-story can be.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
You'll have to forgive me but,

OMG THROWING KNAAIVES!

The throwing knives is Perfect Dark were among the most satisfying weapons ever, if IW do the honourable thing and have them land with a suitably gooey squelch noise they'll be fantastic.
Maybe not realistic but swish.... splatch! is one of the best game sound effects ever.
Exactly. Hell unless it doesn't make sense game wise, I don't understand why Perfect Dark hasn't been the template for all subsequent shooters to build upon.

Either way, I can't wait to buy a used copy of this game.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Torque669 said:
Keane Ng said:
Torque669 said:
Wow I didnt know warfare nowadays included each time having a flag which the other team had to capture.
CTF is what makes modern warfare modern! Did they run around with flags back in WWII? I think not.
Of course they did. The only reason they attacked normandy is to get the Red team flag.

But being serious you have a point but it just doesnt feel right. Capture the Flag is more suited in jokingly FPS's like Timesplitters and Halo. Not COD. Or is it just Modern Warfare now?
MW isn't entirely realistic anyway, people play it for fun, like really any game. Nether the less, I see your point but video games and logic only work together with physics and that's about it.

Faps

Jul 27, 2008
orannis62 said:
eoin90210 said:
was I the only one to notice the way it said "4 kill streak, press X for ammo drop"? Rewards for 3, 4 and 5 kill streaks!!!

00:53 for reference
No, 4 was "Armor", as in a tank. Awesome, as that means no usable vehicles.
4 Kill streak clearly says "Air Drop"

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
orannis62 said:
eoin90210 said:
was I the only one to notice the way it said "4 kill streak, press X for ammo drop"? Rewards for 3, 4 and 5 kill streaks!!!

Nope it's air drop

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Faps said:
orannis62 said:
eoin90210 said:

Yeah, I watched it again and it had a parachute icon

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
Anyone notice that the guy at the end seemed to have both a silencer and reflex sight on his gun?

mattman106

Aug 19, 2009
The more I see of this game the less I want it :(

As someone above said it seems like they've just mashed everything they could into it and it's lost a ton of focus.

Also the bit in the vid where he owns some dude a fair way away with the submachine gun made me wince. COD4s SMGs were way over powered as they were crazily accurate at range and it seems that they haven't addressed that at all. (I really want them to add muzzle climb).

Also throwing knives strike me as less skilled and less humiliating to the other player than regular knifing as regular knifing requires you to sneak ALL the way up to someone.

Jul 9, 2008
Faps said:
orannis62 said:
eoin90210 said:

Are you sure? My screen was a bit blurry, but I thought for sure it was armor. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I am so sold on this game. Though I just want to know one thing: can you please turn those damned annoying "Kill Streak!" and number spam off. It's bad enough to see that crap popping up in MMO's, I do not like to see that in the middle of a frantic gunfight.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
0p3rati0n said:
what gun was he using a UMP 45? Also I think I'll be getting a 360 for christmas if I save enough money (reference to the thread "from Wii to 360 yet i can't") So this will be my first game for that (and my sister can get halo 3 >_> but she'll have to pay for that if she wants it that bad)
no, it looked like a SCAR-10 to me.

UnkeptBiscuit

Jun 25, 2009
Keane Ng said:
Torque669 said:
But go back about 200 years, and you see flags galore... That would be not-so-modern warfare...
Anyways, I can't wait for this game to come out.