New Modern Warfare 3 Screens Bring the Grey

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
GundamSentinel said:
It's nice to see that we like to judge a game by three screenshots taken in the same area of the game...

Here in the city where I am, when I look out the window, do you know what I see? Grey.
So true. I have been to NYC twice, and besides time-square, and the parks. It's very very grey.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
GundamSentinel said:
It's nice to see that we like to judge a game by three screenshots taken in the same area of the game...

Here in the city where I am, when I look out the window, do you know what I see? Grey.
Yea but these are the pictures they chose to show us, and since there isn't any evidence of color in the game, this is the only evidence of the games color scheme we have to go on, even the banners on the building are a glorious grey

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
GundamSentinel said:

Korten12 said:
So true. I have been to NYC twice, and besides time-square, and the parks. It's very very grey.
Look at Crysis 2. It's no Crysis 1 with its lush foliage, but it managed to turn NY rather vibrant.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Wow. It's like they're actively trying to be as grey and dull-looking as possible. Any more, and it would verge on self-parody.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Whinge Whinge Whinge.

Can I ask what you guys were *seriously* expecting from a COD game?

I, along with most people, will be buying it for the addictive multiplayer. I don't give a shit about the colour scheme.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I've hated Call of Duty since 4 and I can't be bothered to write an essay explaining how - games have developed over the years yet CoD just sorta' shuffles around like a kid on his first day of high school trying to say he's "grown up". - That games is a waste of money and you'd be a fool for buying CoD 8 especially if you owned CoD 4, 5, 6 or 7. As it's a mash up of all 4 painted over the top of an unchanged, broken game engine.

The Battlefield 3 Beta on 360, while I certainly know not to judge a game by its testing, disappointed me on a industrial scale. Especially after watching so much PC footage. It doesn't play like BF2 or even the BFBC series. It's too much change and even feels a tad like CoD.

Boll*cks to them both. I'm getting Saints Row 3 & Skyrim; possibly CE: Anniversary. Message me when they've fixed Battlefield 3 / Reach so I don't fully miss out.

II Scarecrow II

Feb 23, 2011
Devs can't win, because it's evident that gamers can't be pleased. Halo is a very colourful game and it is accused of being cartoony and childish, and then shooters like CoD or Battlefield are accused of being grey or brown and childish.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Wow, did they add a monotone display option? Its probably going to be more colourful than that.

Either way, im going to wave goodbye to my hopes of a AAA FPS with more than 4 colour strains in it for this year now.

Dec 14, 2009
AverageJoe said:
Whinge Whinge Whinge.

Can I ask what you guys were *seriously* expecting from a COD game?

I, along with most people, will be buying it for the multiplayer. I don't give a shit about the colour scheme.
I don't really care about the colour scheme, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to make fun of it.

Lighten up a little.

Also, the multiplayer looks like it might be worth it this time around.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
And before we get some high and mighty "I play Battlefield so I is superior" guys in here, remember its exactly the fucking same.
Eh? Really? I'm not going to make any judgement on MW3 as I've yet to see their other environemnts, but have you seen BF3's Caspian Border? There's a fucking forest fire in the background, for chrissake.

<youtube=H9ndz13zUms>
<youtube=Z4ZL0Z3oiK8>

CAMDAWG

Jul 27, 2011
Look at Crysis 2. It's no Crysis 1 with its lush foliage, but it managed to turn NY rather vibrant.
To be fair, crysis 2 did get to use aliens flying around to add some colour, there was more colour than just the aliens, but the aliens contributed a lot. Cod can't really pull that out of their arse at this point in time...

EDIT: Messed up the quoting...

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I'll be getting this and Battlefield 3, because they're both good franchises; not lifestyle choices.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Did anyone else think Age of Empires 3 in the first picture with green traffic light? the Roman Numerals and the King and Queen for some reason... It just makes sense damnit!

Broax

May 17, 2010
I haven't bought a call of duty game since the whole infinity wars shenanigans but to be honest... Depending on the screenshot you take a game could be all black. Or all green (night vision). Some of the screenshots I've seen of this game aren't all that bad and I can imagine the game having some more "colorful" scenes. Given CoD was always low on color depth I hardly believe these screenshots represent the whole game.

Either way I'm not buying the game but I though this should be mentioned...

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
5t3v0 said:
Ed130 said:
You know what, I think I prefer last gen graphics.

At least they had SOME colour to them, seriously this is sad.
Thats the thing... These ARE last gen graphics, At least from a PC perspective, but even then, the Hardware on consoles is pretty outdated. CoD's Graphics and the graphics of many games that are released these days have actually improved very little graphically.

I don't mean to be a Dick, at elitist as that sounds, but I just want to clear that up with people.
these are last gen even in console terms.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I am buying BF3 for the multiplayer, but I am looking forward to Far Cry 3. Despite Far Cry 2's faults I thought it was an interesting attempt at an open world FPS. Fix some of the mistakes, set it on a tropical island I think we may have a greenish and bluish shooter in development.

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
Time for the two dumbest groups of fanbois on the internet to engage in Mortal Kombat...I'll be getting Arkham City.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
Which is exactly why Kirby's Return to Dreamland will be the game I will buy instead of this, let me know how you enjoy your "realism" while I play a fun game instead.