New Nintendo Console "Confirmed" for E3

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
randommaster said:
ryai458 said:
So, will they copy the 360 or Ps3?
No, you're thinking of what Sony does..
You mean like how Sony ripped off the Game.Com for the DS? Or how Sony ripped off the dual thumbstick design for the Gamecube?

...wait.....
No, silly, like how Sony ripped off the rumble pack AND ANALOG STICK for the PSOne. Nearly all major control innovations have come from Nintendo. Also, hit and run time.

Dual shock sucks.

I'm outta here!

Seriously, though, all the buttons feel the same. You should never have to look down at your controller, and you should never have to contend with 4 shoulder buttons.

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
More powerful than the PS3 and the 360 eh? So they're finally moving past a re-skinned gamecube? I am skeptical about Nintendo significantly improving their hardware because they have been lagging behind in technology for a while now.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
danpascooch said:
Xzi said:
danpascooch said:
Who wants to bet this new console is to the Wii as the Xbox slim was to the Xbox

I doubt it's really the next big generation, probably just an upgrade.

That said, I don't really care anyway, Nintendo is going to have to do something BIG to get my trust back after the Wii, it's like I've been saying for years, they fucked over their stable fanbase for a quick cash in, and now it's starting to hurt them long run.
An upgrade that's more powerful than the 360/PS3? Don't think your analogy really fits.

OT: Glad to hear it. Seeing Nintendo beat them out hardware-wise might convince Sony and Microsoft to get up off their fat asses and stop holding back the industry. By this point Nintendo could easily develop a console which has twice the power of the 360/PS3 and only cost $100 to $150 than they do currently.
Oh right, as for that part, I think it's just plain wrong. There are no hard facts about this console after all.

Think about it, Gamecube vs. Xbox and PS3. N64 vs PS1

When has Nintendo ever had a console more powerful than the other front runners on the market?
N64 was infinitely more powerful than the PSOne. Think about it. How many actually 3 dimensional games did the playstation have? Playing Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid or Tomb Raider was like getting stuck in a jaggie storm. Walk toward a wall 10 feet away and the thing turns into a dancing Picasso. I know the N64 had lots of fog, but that's just the burden it had to shoulder being the first 3D system ever.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
danpascooch said:
Xzi said:
Oh right, as for that part, I think it's just plain wrong. There are no hard facts about this console after all.

Think about it, Gamecube vs. Xbox and PS3. N64 vs PS1

When has Nintendo ever had a console more powerful than the other front runners on the market?
N64, and it sold a third of the number of systems as the PS1. Graphics quality proves to be meaningless.

Edit: DAMN! Ninja'd by seconds!

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
thatstheguy said:
More powerful than the 360 and PS3?

Could we expect, say, CryEngine 2/3 on the platform? That's something I'd be interested in.
Yes, the interesting question here is; Can it run Crysis?

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
the wii is ok the reason I never bought one THE ONLY REASON the freaking wii mote. not the wii mote in of its self put the fact that you HAD to use it for the majority of games not the controller that is available.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
All I want from Nintendo are their core franchises (Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid) with no motion controls, in HD. That's it. Give me a console that can do that, and isn't a complete joke for third party software, and I'm sold.

An online service that is at least comparable to Xbox Live wouldn't hurt either. Friend codes made me want to murder kittens.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Nintendo, please please pleeeeeease take my suggestion that I have been offering since the early 90's and call it the Super Duper Nintendo.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
As one who was disapointed by the Wii, it would be pretty cool for Nintendo to come out with the most "high tech" console. Maybe even supporting DX11?!?!

But yeah, at this point they could probably double the power of PS3 and Xbox and bring it out under $400.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
I don't buy the more powerful than PS3 and 360, but it's interesting to see Nintendo enter the HD market.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
As long as it can play Wii games and maybe GC games and I have a controler then I'm happy as hell.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
No! I do not want another console arms race! Not cool. I just now got a PS3...and I have had my Xbox for maybe two years now?

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Why does everybody doubt that it'll be more powerful than the other consoles?
The other consoles are pretty old at this point, they're running graphics chipsets that are 4 generations behind current mainstream graphics setups.. I mean, the things you see slapped in your average mid-range laptop are as powerful as the consoles now.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
Pilkingtube said:
Why does everybody doubt that it'll be more powerful than the other consoles?
The other consoles are pretty old at this point, they're running graphics chipsets that are 4 generations behind current mainstream graphics setups.. I mean, the things you see slapped in your average mid-range laptop are as powerful as the consoles now.
And yet, Uncharted 3.
And how is that an argument against his point?

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Verlander said:
Interested. I reckon they announce it at E3, and release it late 2012, before Microsoft or Sony can get to launch.
What, before 2005? Even if this is true (which it probably isn't, given how this rumour pops up every single year), this is Nintendo joining the current generation, not starting a new one.

Which means Nintendo is launching a new console 5 years after the release of the old ones for a much higher price, with a lower install base.
The Wii is current generation. What's the difference, graphics and processing power? So what, it outplayed and outsold the others. Graphics and power are just statistics that aren't essential for success, as the Wii proved. The Wii will take the next step soon, and considering the quality of the 3DS, it should be good.

If the new console can match or beat the graphics and power of the current gen, as well as brush up on everything else, and learn from some of its mistakes, then I can see the next gen being the one where the Playstation gets toppled over completely