New Overwatch Beta Patch Brings New Tracer Pose, Accidental Invisibility

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Silent Protagonist said:
I don't understand why they disabled the entire character and not just the specific skin causing the invisibility glitch.
Well, if you actually read the article, you'd see that the dev said, "While not ideal, unfortunately the same issue that's causing the unintended invisibility is also preventing us from disabling the skin on its own." In other words, they can't just disable the skin.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
WhiteTigerShiro said:
gigastar said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
gigastar said:
For those who arent getting the joke;
I don't get it. What's the image to the right that makes it a joke?
Its a WW2-era pinup poster.
I figured that much. That's really all there is to it? There's no story behind that specific one that I'm missing?
Swapping out one sexy pose for another is about as far as it goes. I just posted the image because i knew some people wouldnt get the reference.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
WinterWyvern said:
Eeeeh I didn't find it funny at all...

I wasn't offended by Tracer's original pose, but now I am offended that Blizzard sexualized it more as if only to mock people who may have a problem with oversexualizing everything.

The only reason I'm not outraged is that Blizzard recently has done a lot of positive and varied female characters and therefore I hereby proclaim that Blizzard guys are not sexist.

But to me that new Tracer pose still feels like a bad joke by Blizzard, in a way.
But if there's no massive posts and topics of people hating on this, and the art team actually like this pose now, doesn't that mean the change is a good thing? I mean that was what started the whole thing in the first place.

I find this pretty funny because before the change I was thinking that, going forward with all the ads, pictures, and marketing, how much work would they do to make sure tracer's rear wasn't seen by anyone. And to see if there would be another pose or skin that raised such a fuss in the future. Instead we get this pose that's way more blatant than before and thus far I'm not seeing people make waves of hate. If anything it's people liking it or rolling their eyes at it.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
WinterWyvern said:
I guess the reason there's no uproar about Tracer's new pose is that there never was any uproar about the old pose either.

It was ONE guy complaining and I'm starting to wonder wether it was all a sort of marketing stunt.
Yeah I have no idea if it was an uproar or not but it seemed that way with everyone talking about it.

As for the Marketing stunt, I do wonder if companies are starting to take notice of this. I wondered the same when the Star Ocean 5 thing(First thought; The series is still going? Okay I'm interested).

Still it should be interesting to see how and if this plays out into something. Popcorn?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess "original pose was too boring" wasn't good enough explanation.
[slow clap]
Well played Blizzard
Still not going to touch Overwatch.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Ah well; it's not a proper patch unless they break something else.

Remember when QA actually meant 'Quality Assurance'?

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
front page news, two weeks old. should I be worried about this site? *looks at content schedule* well... shiiiit