New Pac-Man TV Series Could Tackle Racism

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
UGH! If this is really the sort of shit Avi Arad thinks up about Pac-Man, I think he needs to get out of the business. Really, rascism, "social commentary" how fuckin' stupid can you be.....(sigh)...My head hurts.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
TheNumber1Zero said:
He's the only yellow one in Pac-Land
So I'll take it Ms. Pac-Man will be saved for the Valentines day special?
(Update: For the Safe Sex episode of course)

Anywho, I'm gonna go with "......"

Never seen the original Pac-man show (Outside of part of a Christmas Special), but I think I'll go ahead and avoid this.
Still, if it brings in the Monies, they may as well go for it.
Safe Sex, my rear end! Don't forget, they had Pac-Man Jr.! And Pac-Man showed up in Ms. Pac-Man. One of the cut screens had them meeting.

And then there is this:

Hey, they can do a story about having a baby out of wedlock! ::facepalm.::

"Paradise by the Arcade Screen Light" :p

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
syndicated44 said:
This strikes me as not as weird as I initially thought. Think about how many old kids shows hit problems like their dads an alcoholic, gang violence, divorce, domestic abuse, parents running a racketeering operation in the basement, father being a traitor to the country, evil russians kidnapping poor red white and blue kids, uhhh bullying. So I can see somehow they would work racism into pacman. I mean the ghosts are different colors.
Maybe the ghosts are chasing Pac-Man because he's yellow?
This puts everything into perspective now!

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
This is why everything sucks. The people who are brave enough to tell other people about their ideas have shitty ideas.

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
Sounds like they are trying to make it into something like ST:TOS or the Next Generation. It can work, just have to have vision like Gene Roddenbery did.

guyy

Mar 6, 2008
I don't...I...um...

Really, this is just silly. This is like someone making a fourth Toy Story movie, but in live action and with a plot based on Hamlet. Even if it was decent, the only possible reaction would still be "what the frig?".