BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bruh I didn't know wtf Poison was. LOL.
I remember. Quick question, did you ever play Final Fight? And by Final Fight I mean the Arcade (mainly this) or Sega CD version. Not the US/Western SNES version where she and Roxxy were removed from the game and replaced with male punks. Just curious. For reference and possible memory refresher:

Though on the flip side, it wasn't like those versions were marketed as entire new games the way Pokemon games are.
Except for the Street Fighter Alpha (0 in Japan) series and their updated versions. And Street Fighter III's updated versions acted as stories took place after the other and expanded the roster. The saving grace was that most updated version would be sold at a discounted or even budget price. That sorta became a diminishing return when DLC became a thing in the 7th generation. It was not Capcom's worst case of DLC, but it was problem that got bigger as more updates came out or in their other fighting games. Hell, a lot of their other games in general after 2011. Not to mention, it's always best to wait 2 or 3 years, unless you got to have it first or now. I waited 4 years get SFV (came out in 2016), because the game was released incomplete at $60. I got it when the Champion Edition was released at $30, because I knew they would pull the same stunt they always pulled.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
People who remember more than 2 generations of Pokemon are no longer the target audience.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
They're making an open world RPG, what more do you want?

I, personally, am in the "I like everything about Pokémon except playing it" camp. I absolutely love how much other people like it, what they like about the story, the characters, the fan art, etc, etc, etc. I even like ChibiDawn.

...but I bounced off of Sword and Shield as soon as I threw a Pokéball at a rodent.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I'm not complaining personally, but there is a reason why I have not touched a Pokemon since Crystal. I did not even finish Crystal. Played a quarter way through and stopped playing to never touch it again. I'd sooner play the newer Digimon games though. They at least try something different and succeeded because of it. Plus, I was always a bigger Digimon fan than Pokemon, if we're talking TV shows.

Pat is right. The mainline Pokemon games are almost no different than Madden or COD at this point. The only difference is the new games are looking worse than iPhone/Android game or the older games on DS from a decade ago look better. Game Freak has gotten super lazy and their assets look like shit. I can't exactly blame the fans. All I can add, is thank Sega I am all variety gamer and don't fall in to the gamer comfort trap often.
I stopped playing during Black and White, it just felt too samey to me and I only got back in with Sun and Moon. I feel that Sword and Shield are not as good as Sun and Moon actually. If you want to give the series a go again then see if you can't find a used copy of Sun or Moon, the removal of HM's was fucking fantastic.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I stopped playing during Black and White, it just felt too samey to me and I only got back in with Sun and Moon. I feel that Sword and Shield are not as good as Sun and Moon actually. If you want to give the series a go again then see if you can't find a used copy of Sun or Moon, the removal of HM's was fucking fantastic.
I appreciate the effort, but I'm never getting back into Pokemon ever again. I do not have the time for it. I prefer shorter games.