New Screens Give Fresh Look at Skyrim's Elves, Orcs and Lizard Folks

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Dude the orc looks so freaking cool, I might just skip out on a spellcaster/melee fighter hybrid and go pure two handed monster! I wonder if you get any bonuses for going two handed? Because doing so basically gimps any sort of utility that the duel wield system implies.

Though again, I do love my old orc summoning mage... I hope this time I can have more then one summonable creature

Whatever, this game looks so freaking cool I will just have to play with everything and be in total bliss doing so

Aug 17, 2009
The biggest news is, obviously, the dog. It looks like they're actually putting dogs in that aren't Huskies now. I'm still waiting for a Newfoundlander, though.

Also, Escapist, what is wrong with your Captcha? It's asking for scientific subscript and at least one Korean character.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
So after seeing all these pictures of these races, it seems like face paint is a very real thing.

I wonder if it's gonna be interchangeable in game.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Undead Dragon King said:
You'd think you were in Cyrodiil's climate, what with all the no-sleeves and light robes people are wearing.
I'm not sure this is true, but I heard that the Argonian are cold-blooded. If so, won't they all have a hard time in Skyrim?

Poptart Invasion

Nov 25, 2010
Ugh, fuck stats. I don't think I'll be able to pick which race I want cuz they're all looking badass now! In Oblivion, I preferred either a sneaky, cut-throat Khajit or a Breton warlock kind of character, but now I've been reminded why some short, scrawny, squeaky-voiced 13-year-old was able to pick his Morrowind character in about 3.2 seconds: "Ah, sweet! Evil, red-eyes! Evil, ashen skin. Evil, scowly face! DARK ELVES ARE SO METAL!!" XD

Fuck you, 2011. Too many (hopefully) awesome games, too little money.

klausaidon

Aug 4, 2009
I'm still curious at how femme you can make a male look. Looks like you can make a pretty butch looking girl.

JEllery

May 12, 2010
Fertro said:
If only we could make our characters fat, at the sacrifice of some stamina. I could truly create myself!
I swear I read somewhere that there are different body builds for every character in the game - like big, medium and small. So maybe there will be a way to make your character look using the big build?

I dunno, thought I'd mention it though :)

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
The character models are fantastic. They look like they were born and raised in the world of Cyrodiil.

Techno Destructo

Jul 18, 2010
It's no longer a matter of how awesome Skyrim is, at this point it's a matter of how long will it take for one to decide what kind of character to play as before even jumping into the Olympic sized pool of Coolness, literally, it's Skyrim after all.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
As long as half the population isn't missing an eye then it'll be a big step up from oblivion's cave-man filled world.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
These new options are all very cool but...i hope we can get the options of beards. Seriously, i can't be the only one who found the lack of facial hair throughout Oblivion to be rather suspicious....

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Infernai said:
These new options are all very cool but...i hope we can get the options of beards. Seriously, i can't be the only one who found the lack of facial hair throughout Oblivion to be rather suspicious....
They already announced a while ago that facial hair is in the game...

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Hey, now their displeasing their REAL fans. I want to play as a freak. I made a ghoul hating, confederate-hatted,Molerat-resembling, freak in FO3. I won't be able to make some thing blindingly ugly. Thanks Bethesda!

Turigamot

Feb 13, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
Still no Altmer or Breton.

Well I'm glad we can now once again make Khajiits tiger-ish compared to Oblivion.

I also hope that Bethesda bring back the chain-smoking Dunmer voice from Morrowind, plus others of course for some variety.

Also blue Argonian skin needs to be brought back, there was only one character in Oblivion I made that actually looked remotely good, and that was my blue Argonian.

From what I saw of the leaked gameplay of Skyrim from Quakecon, the Dark Elf captured in the spider web did indeed have the raspy voice from Morrowind. I smiled like an idiot when I heard him speak.

Also, I am enjoying the very Morrowind look the Dark Elves themselves have in Skyrim.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
Infernai said:
They already announced a while ago that facial hair is in the game...

Excellent! Everything is proceeding as i have forseen...*evil laugh*

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Well those are just awesome... I'm gonna have to really think before I chose my race this time.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
as long as there are Khajiit and I can keep this voice in my head I'll be happy: