New Silent Hill Games

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
Honestly I do not think their is a need to "remake" Silent Hill games as the PSX games take advantage of the hardware limitations via the "Myst". Also we already had that show of the same name "The Myst" where the "Little white devil" homosexual date-raped his bff and blamed it on the jock, and then forced himself on another jock who first resisted him.

Right now my mind is like "Silent Hill 4" the room still. Reading up on the SH games many of them are actually just for fun by Konami and was never meant to be taken seriously. Even with some of the various hidden endings being

A. It was anomatronics
B. It was Aliens from outter-space

Even with the game "The Evil Within" which clearly pulls a "The Cell" honestly do not feel Silent would deliver outside of being an alternative to RE series, with it's only bonus is that Capcom is still beating a horse going through animal cruelty not funny and not happy at all RE.

My question is why not just make a new series all together, rather then riding the name and characters that deserves a super-80's ending.

Silent Hill f, being written by the Visual Novel writer Ryukishi07.
FYI fan-fictons do not count when it is somebody who was old enough to be the kid of somebody who wrote the original games. I mean great good for another random insert nationality_______ and or insert race_____ or and insert sex/gender_______
maybe we will get another "Other M" from this which was clearly more Fanfiction....... because Samus < Galatic Federation < Space Pirates < Chrozo is terrible enough to know that is the continuation.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
My question is why not just make a new series all together, rather then riding the name and characters that deserves a super-80's ending.
The answer will always be that brand recognition sells games no matter how much the brand has been drug through the mud.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
So the Silent Hill 2 Remake is happening, but bummed out its PS5 only.

Fortunately for me my brother owns a PS5 and I can borrow his, but I have to exchange my Xbox Series X

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
So the Silent Hill 2 Remake is happening, but bummed out its PS5 only.

Fortunately for me my brother owns a PS5 and I can borrow his, but I have to exchange my Xbox Series X
Don't worry it will come to PC soon and you will enjoy it ever so more then you could on your console.

Join Us.

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
I am already joined, but my PC is showing its age
What is your processor, memory, SSD, OS, or MHD?

Most 64-bit processors will do the job but the i series are the standard in terms of later Unity and Unreal.
Some more recent games ( like Metro last light winter etc ) wants a specific version of DX12 2.0
You should have a SSD as the main drive, does not matter as long as the drive is SSD and has enough memory.
Your games could be installed via network, or external drive. NOTE: if you plan to use USB as a drive it should be
USB3.0 Bus due to the 20MB ( sluggish in comparison ) limit of USB 2.5. Otherwise you could network via your Ethereal cable.
Some lab-tops can use external graphics card via the network adapter usually located below the keyboard or under the labtop
itself. If you have any over heat issues it might need to replace the putty ( whatever it is called ).

Point I am saying it does not take a lot to sup up a computer. If their is a problem like how an installation is locked into one machine and you do not have an install disk there are ways around those things.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not a good sign there. Then why even bother with the remake?

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I’ve always wondered how they got their name. I guess now we know -

Not exactly inspiring or reassuring by any means but hey, at least there’s a new Silent Hill that *might* be the best post-Team Silent effort.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Do you guys think there is any chance these will be good? Giving the history of the series and Konami as a company?
Aside from it being Konami, I have had and still have strong reservations about handing off Silent Hill 2 to Bloober. Everything I've played from them has been rote and trite collections of horror cliches. The new trailer focusing a lot on combat doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either.

I like the Japanese horror vibe of Silent Hill f, but will need to see more.

Not much to say about Townfall since there's not much to comment on.

Ascension is garbage

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Its telling that the first trailer for a silent hill game is focused on combat. Kinda feels like a mod for Resident Evil 2.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Uhuh, yeah, I suggest anyone who download that The Short Message thingy never delete if off their PS5, just in case it become a new PT and quadruples the value of your console in 10 years time.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Its telling that the first trailer for a silent hill game is focused on combat. Kinda feels like a mod for Resident Evil 2.
Eh. I interpret it as them wanting to show something "safe" about the remake since combat in the OG was pretty poor. While it also wasn't the main selling point, it's still an easy way to show progress without potentially upsetting anyone.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Eh. I interpret it as them wanting to show something "safe" about the remake since combat in the OG was pretty poor. While it also wasn't the main selling point, it's still an easy way to show progress without potentially upsetting anyone.
Probably, but thats the thing. Silent Hill isn't supposed to have good combat, the clunkyness is part of being disempowered which adds to the horror. You're not supposed to be Serious Sam.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Probably, but thats the thing. Silent Hill isn't supposed to have good combat, the clunkyness is part of being disempowered which adds to the horror. You're not supposed to be Serious Sam.
I still maintain that Shattered Memories had the right idea by removing it entirely. Just one of many reasons it's the best game in the series.

Reactions: Kyrian007

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I still maintain that Shattered Memories had the right idea by removing it entirely. Just one of many reasons it's the best game in the series.
Maybe, I think the ability to fight back badly can enhance the fear since it adds to the fight or flight reflex, instead of just flight. The key though is to get it just right, so its not clunky but easy or so clunky that its completely pointless. But you also want the right enemies. I think Silent Hill 1 got it really right with the enemies you fought outside, the dogs and the flying things that would be on you before you knew it. Fighting them was risky and even when you beat one, another would be by soon.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren