New Skyrim Gameplay

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2CzsJ4K_qo
Any doubts I had about this video have been completely forgotten. My biggest worry was the animation (animation in previous games was terrible), but it shows off amazing improvement.
Thoughts?

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
The third person looks to be a whole lot better. I usually play in first-person, but the option is always nice. Glad to see they've fixed that. Can't wait for November!

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
The person who uploaded this video is promising a HD upload later tonight.

OakTable

May 10, 2011
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking. Not to mention Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing, so this is probably going to have a very poor story.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
OakTable said:
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking. Not to mention Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing, so this is probably going to have a very poor story.
I personally think the graphics are good, and the aesthetic gives the game a very fantasy-esque feel. The controls are being described as better by the developers, but I guess we can't tell for sure until we play it. As for the story, Bethesda's Elder Scrolls usually have great stories, and even if the main quest is bad you have, as mentioned in the video, over 300 hours of side-quests and other things to do.

Spitfirex11

Jun 3, 2011
It kind of reminds me of monster hunter more than elder scrolls ... if I want that I'll play monster hunter. OakTable's right though, doesn't have the right feel for what it claims to be.
Still that aside it doesn't look like a bad game, I'll be buying it.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
I was speechless when I saw this first. It looks incredible, and the whole dragons-not-scripted things looks too good to be true

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
No dull oblivion dungeons... dungeons with contrast within them (lighting, the look of the area, etc)... ani-fucking-mations, god damn dragons. Yup. Looks great.

Hopefully I won't start with the most useful spell in the game (Heal Self) this time around. I'd like healing items to be something I want (sort of like how in New Vegas stimpacks and doctors bags were useless in normal mode since you could just down 50 bottles of Sarsaparilla).

fundayz

Feb 22, 2010
OakTable said:
1. How can you judge the graphics from a 360p video?

2. Combat, both first and third person, looks bounds and leaps better the previous TES titles.

3. The main storylines in Bethesda games have never been mindblowing, what makes these games fun is the freedom and possibilities the world provides. Skyrim looks to be improving in this aspect with dynamic dragons, better voiceacting for all NPC's, class-less system, etc.

Go play a BioWare game if you want good story but linear gameplay.

Spitfirex11 said:
doesn't have the right feel for what it claims to be.
I wasn't aware you had played the game already. Please tell us, how does the game feel like? I'm dying to know more.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
Gameplay looked amazing, and they've still got a few months to iron out any kinks that they find. CoD needs to move over it's place as game of the year (C'mon admit it, not matter how samey it is, it'll still sell like hot cakes and everyone will want it)

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
Donnyp said:
DAMMIT! i was so hesitant to want this game and now i getting it even if i have to cut off a foot.
Agreed. I couldn't help but obnoxiously utter random cries of anticipation while I watched the video alone.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
OakTable said:
The graphics look like ass because the vid is in 360p. Look up some high def vids, there's a huge difference.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
OakTable said:
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking.
Well, the game is open world, and graphics of that high quality on such a massive scale are something only a high end gaming PC could manage, so unless your frame of reference is Crysis, then I really have no idea what you are talking about when you say bad graphics.

As for combat, it's a little clunky, but in an RPG you can't expect arkham asylum combat. The combat in Skyrim so far looks vastly better than that of Oblivion, at least.