New Street Fighter Flick Mauled By Critics

Feb 13, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
nilcypher said:
SICK0_ZER0 said:
i think i made that up? is it real?! if so its crapiness will surpass that of the original street fighter movie
No, you didn't make it up. It's a real game.
Please tell me you're lying. That's not funny man. Not funny at all.
You haven't seen this?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Of course. If you've even seen the trailer you should know that it would be absolutely torn apart by reviewers.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Leroy Frederick said:
I mean just think, Resident Evil was originally going to be directed by George A Romero (Night of the Living Dead etc), everything might have been so much different by now had it actually happen...
Actually, after reading the script the guy wrote up and was demanding be used, it makes the current resi films seem like shining bastions defending the integrity of gaming itself. Add to this, that script was naff and just a little batshit insane, conclusively proves Romero went off his rocker a while ago.

As it is, they are just quite fun little campy action films that you can switch your brain off to. Though quite how they will get a 4th film out of the series I have no idea, especially considering all but one of the main characters is DEAD.

As to the topic, well of course it will suck. Most do. I think the first mortal combat and resi films were okish.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I enjoyed the Hitman film. Was that just me?
I sure hope so. It was like The Bourne Identity with all the quality removed. The action sequences are obnoxious and stupid (take for example the impromptu fucking sword-fight in the subway car. It was even terribly badly coreographed!), and the script is so full of awkward, nonsensical dialog that it's impossible to care about any of the characters.

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
blackcherry said:
Leroy Frederick said:
I mean just think, Resident Evil was originally going to be directed by George A Romero (Night of the Living Dead etc), everything might have been so much different by now had it actually happen...
Actually, after reading the script the guy wrote up and was demanding be used, it makes the current resi films seem like shining bastions defending the integrity of gaming itself. Add to this, that script was naff and just a little batshit insane, conclusively proves Romero went off his rocker a while ago.

As it is, they are just quite fun little campy action films that you can switch your brain off to. Though quite how they will get a 4th film out of the series I have no idea, especially considering all but one of the main characters is DEAD.

As to the topic, well of course it will suck. Most do. I think the first mortal combat and resi films were okish.
Well, I haven't seen the Romero script so I'll have to take your word for it and stand corrected if that's the case :)

The last RE movie was the worst yet, seemed all the characters from the second movie looked as baffled and non-existent as the script and last I heard they are actually working on a 4th! I don't think the fact that the lead character is the fiancée/wife of the script writer helped matters either (if I remember rightly). Now that movie I don't expect different.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Leroy Frederick said:
blackcherry said:
Leroy Frederick said:

Well, I haven't seen the Romero script so I'll have to take your word for it and stand corrected if that's the case :)

The last RE movie was the worst yet, seemed all the characters from the second movie looked as baffled and non-existent as the script and last I heard they are actually working on a 4th! I don't think the fact that the lead character is the fiancée/wife of the script writer helped matters either (if I remember rightly). Now that movie I don't expect different.
I think I have it on my laptop. I will have a root round and send it to you if you're interested.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I knew it was bad when I saw Vega. I can tell from that they botched it. Also who is the black guy? No way he is Balrog, so I assume Sagat.

Video game movies usually fail through deviation, and the old Van Dam movie gets credit for sticking with the costumes I say. However big titles do not simply make good game movies. I am anti a Halo and even more so Gears of War movie. (Though maybe if it was made in the 80s or early 90's I might just to see the cheesy locusts)
I had hopes for the Hitman movie, but it deviated and failed.

Really, I think game movies would be better if not brought to such a high scale. Instead of going for Hollywood blockbusters, why not be straight to video CG movies? I play some games and watch the cutscenes and think 'This would be a cool movie' but I mean in staying to the actual plot and using the game's CG or whatever they use for it. To see the characters exactly from the game, and with the same voice. I am anti-Halo and GoW movie as I said, but even I would appreciate it if it was their game voices.

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
blackcherry said:
Leroy Frederick said:
blackcherry said:
Leroy Frederick said:

I think I have it on my laptop. I will have a root round and send it to you if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer blackcherry :) Is this it by any chance? http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html (haven't read it all yet, but thus far Chris is a birdwatcher, I think!?)

cptmc

Feb 7, 2009
To the writer of the article: You need a new editor. You have a/an and than/then mistakes. But what did I expect? It came from an article about a video game movie. Maybe they need new editors also...

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
cptmc said:
To the writer of the article: You need a new editor. You have a/an and than/then mistakes. But what did I expect? It came from an article about a video game movie. Maybe they need new editors also...
Fixed. Maybe just PM me next time though, yeah?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
mspencer82 said:
From the Kotaku LiveBlog:
Bison: "You see, your father has been the milk of my business. But even milk has an expiration date."
No. No way. I refuse to believe that this is an actual quote from the movie. I don't care how bad the movie is, I don't care if it's the worst movie of all time. I refuse to accept that he said that.
I know how you feel, but remember that these people care nothing for Bison. They let Raul Julia play him for heaven's sake. Great Gomez, lousy Bison.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Yes...

Oh wait did you mean on the silver screen?...live action too? ... Flip a coin and if it ever lands on it's side then maybe.
Really there are some good animated movies.