New Suicide Squad trailer - Much funny, such Batman, wow.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
undeadsuitor said:
Kyman102 said:
This talk of Captain Marvel, and I'm wondering if Marvel will okay a movie about Kamala Khan

Edit: I mean, girl's a cute geeky girl who gets superpowers. That'll probably sell tickets. (Unless the studios are worried about her being a girl... And Muslim...)
Tbh, i was thinking kamala would be an awesome addition to a show like agents of shield (shes an inhuman afterall). But then again tv budgets would effect her power set (flash tried a growing/shape shifting guy and it looked horrrrible)
Man I keep forgetting that she's Inhuman. Have they ever really done a story with her and the main Inhumans?

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Man I keep forgetting that she's Inhuman. Have they ever really done a story with her and the main Inhumans?
Speaking of the main Inhumans, I am interested to see how Marvel Studios deals with the whole "incest" thing, with Black Bolt and Medusa.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
mduncan50 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Speaking of the main Inhumans, I am interested to see how Marvel Studios deals with the whole "incest" thing, with Black Bolt and Medusa.
I'm fairly sure they won't :p

Remeber when Elizabeth Olsen said that her Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would have a "Ultimate universe like relationship"? I'm fairly sure she was just told to say that because I did not notice any incest in Age of Ultron.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
mduncan50 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
I'm gonna guess badly, or not at all.

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
mduncan50 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
I'm gonna guess badly, or not at all.
"Mommy, why does the hair lady keep calling her husband 'cousin'?"
"DAMN YOU MARVEL!!"

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
Kyman102 said:
mduncan50 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Kyman102 said:
This talk of Captain Marvel, and I'm wondering if Marvel will okay a movie about Kamala Khan

Edit: I mean, girl's a cute geeky girl who gets superpowers. That'll probably sell tickets. (Unless the studios are worried about her being a girl... And Muslim...)
Tbh, i was thinking kamala would be an awesome addition to a show like agents of shield (shes an inhuman afterall). But then again tv budgets would effect her power set (flash tried a growing/shape shifting guy and it looked horrrrible)
I was actually thinking that Netflix would be the perfect place for her to land if they wanted to tell her story, not to make it a darker tone, but just the superior production level. I'd love to see her in a movie, more diversity is always welcome, but I'm not sure how well she would fare in the theaters due to her religion and her relatively short history in comics.
I'd buy a Netflix account just to watch a Miss Marvel series.
I was just thinking a few days ago how there isn't a single superhero I want to see adapted to screen more than Kamala. To be fair, I haven't read much superhero comics, so I'm quite bias about the new Ms. Marvel series. It's just that where most of these characters have grown so large that they feel mostly like products, Kamala still feels quite... personal and intimate. I would be equally excited to see her life both in and out of the costume.

In terms of the possibility of her getting her own adaptation... unfortunately I'm a bit sceptical about that. Her being female, non-white and a Muslim will probably make a big onscreen adaptation very unlikely, simply because it's an untested market. It'd have to be something like Deadpool (which ironically almost nobody believed in, and now a lot of people are trying to follow), meaning some strong industry people personally pushing the project forward for many years.

Netflix would seem a more likely place for her. They've already taken the role of gifting b-list superheroes with their own series, even female ones (Jessica Jones was pretty darn good). I'm not sure how their budget could hold though, I think the stretching effects would require some relatively high quality CGI-work.

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
TravelerSF said:
Netflix would seem a more likely place for her. They've already taken the role of gifting b-list superheroes with their own series, even female ones (Jessica Jones was pretty darn good). I'm not sure how their budget could hold though, I think the stretching effects would require some relatively high quality CGI-work.
Couldn't be any worse than when FOX creates a Fantastic Four movie!