New Suicide Squad trailer - Much funny, such Batman, wow.

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
minkus_draconus said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
...as long as it's the female Captain Marvel, and not the other one, who was a dude. (Kidding.)
I want both. I would like a prologue of him kicking ass and body swapping with Rick Jones (why no love in films for characters like Jones or on the DC side Olsen) via Nega bands then he dies and a new Captain Marvel rises.

Also I would like to see the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel on the Avengers but that will never happen.

EDIT: spelling
Can't say much for Jimmy Olsen, I've never felt strongly about him one way or another, but Rick Jones is an annoying kid that was always just shoe-horned into whatever situation the writers felt like at any given time. From being responsible for Banner becoming the Hulk, to being Cap's second Bucky sidekick (all kinds of nope), to bitching about being connected to the OG Captain Marvel, Jones has whined and moaned his way into many a comic book fan's hate list.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
minkus_draconus said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
...as long as it's the female Captain Marvel, and not the other one, who was a dude. (Kidding.)
I want both. I would like a prologue of him kicking ass and body swapping with Rick Jones (why no love in films for characters like Jones or on the DC side Olsen) via Nega bands then he dies and a new Captain Marvel rises.

Also I would like to see the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel on the Avengers but that will never happen.

EDIT: spelling
I'm pretty sure we'll get a Green Lantern-esque intro for Mar Vell, though hopefully they'll do it respectfully, not in the way it usually turns out. "Hey, I am a complete novice with my powers, and I defeated the big bad who killed my infinitely more skilled and experienced predecessor, because of reasons".

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
This talk of Captain Marvel, and I'm wondering if Marvel will okay a movie about Kamala Khan

Edit: I mean, girl's a cute geeky girl who gets superpowers. That'll probably sell tickets. (Unless the studios are worried about her being a girl... And Muslim...)

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Kyman102 said:
This talk of Captain Marvel, and I'm wondering if Marvel will okay a movie about Kamala Khan

Edit: I mean, girl's a cute geeky girl who gets superpowers. That'll probably sell tickets. (Unless the studios are worried about her being a girl... And Muslim...)
Tbh, i was thinking kamala would be an awesome addition to a show like agents of shield (shes an inhuman afterall). But then again tv budgets would effect her power set (flash tried a growing/shape shifting guy and it looked horrrrible)
I was actually thinking that Netflix would be the perfect place for her to land if they wanted to tell her story, not to make it a darker tone, but just the superior production level. I'd love to see her in a movie, more diversity is always welcome, but I'm not sure how well she would fare in the theaters due to her religion and her relatively short history in comics.

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
mduncan50 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Kyman102 said:

Tbh, i was thinking kamala would be an awesome addition to a show like agents of shield (shes an inhuman afterall). But then again tv budgets would effect her power set (flash tried a growing/shape shifting guy and it looked horrrrible)
I was actually thinking that Netflix would be the perfect place for her to land if they wanted to tell her story, not to make it a darker tone, but just the superior production level. I'd love to see her in a movie, more diversity is always welcome, but I'm not sure how well she would fare in the theaters due to her religion and her relatively short history in comics.
I'd buy a Netflix account just to watch a Miss Marvel series.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:
In the end Gal Gadot really does not bother me. So far from this movie she got the job done well enough now let us see if she still kicks ass in her own movie.
I'm fine with her as well, thought that is just from what, 4 minutes of screen time? I don't know much about Gal Gadot, the only role I know her from is Fast and Furious where she is essentially eye candy, so I don't have much confidence in her. I do like that she has an accent. Maybe not a Greek accent, but I was tired of Wonder Woman sounding inconceivably American.
I feel like they just made her into an aloof rich girl. Boring and tedious compared to the fierce warrior she's supposed to be.
According to some backstory, she gave up on the heroic life and said "Fuck all this". Bruce and his plot hole making dream sequences are what's supposed to bring her back. In the Doomsday battle, I think they showed her warrior side well.
They showed her in a fight. Nothing more.
Then what does show her Warrior side for goodness's sake :p

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:
In the end Gal Gadot really does not bother me. So far from this movie she got the job done well enough now let us see if she still kicks ass in her own movie.
I'm fine with her as well, thought that is just from what, 4 minutes of screen time? I don't know much about Gal Gadot, the only role I know her from is Fast and Furious where she is essentially eye candy, so I don't have much confidence in her. I do like that she has an accent. Maybe not a Greek accent, but I was tired of Wonder Woman sounding inconceivably American.
I feel like they just made her into an aloof rich girl. Boring and tedious compared to the fierce warrior she's supposed to be.
Fierce warrior is not the only aspect of Wonder Woman.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

While true, it still doesn't help.

It's just another example of DC's bizarre design choice - Look at 80 years of produced comics and animations, sift through the good and the bad, pull out the most dull, boring, tedious, and pointless version of the characters they can find, then rub everyone's face in it. It's repeated for everything from characterization to power set to even visuals.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

It's just another example of DC's bizarre design choice - Look at 80 years of produced comics and animations, sift through the good and the bad, pull out the most dull, boring, tedious, and pointless version of the characters they can find, then rub everyone's face in it. It's repeated for everything from characterization to power set to even visuals.
Considering the positive reception Gadot has been receiving, I'd say her Wonder Woman was anything but dull, boring, tedious and pointless.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Considering the positive reception Gadot has been receiving, I'd say her Wonder Woman was anything but dull, boring, tedious and pointless.
Want to know something? I thought she was Selena Kyle when she first showed up in the movie. It took me a moment to realize who it was supposed to be.

I suppose meta wise, that means she has a pretty good secret identity.

And pretty much the only consistent thing I've read good about Gul Dukat's performance was her warrior face, which was admittedly nice. Everything else was... not good, though I wont knock her performance for it. She just has really shitty, mostly pointless scenes that serve only to clutter the movie, which is a director/editor problem, not her problem.

Most of her screen time, however, is eaten up by the 'rich socialite' persona, and that is, without a doubt, the second worst Wonder Woman characterization I have ever seen, besides the Wonder Woman versions who serve as nothing but fetish fuel.

And maybe there is some doubt there, because I can at least masturbate to fetish fuel Wonder Woman, even if the SJWs make me feel bad about it afterwards.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Want to know something? I thought she was Selena Kyle when she first showed up in the movie. It took me a moment to realize who it was supposed to be.

And pretty much the only consistent thing I've read good about Gul Dukat's performance was her warrior face, which was admittedly nice. Everything else was... not good, though I wont knock her performance for it. She just has really shitty, mostly pointless scenes that serve only to clutter the movie, which is a director/editor problem, not her problem.

Most of her screen time, however, is eaten up by the 'rich socialite' persona, and that is, without a doubt, the second worst Wonder Woman characterization I have ever seen, besides the Wonder Womans who serve as nothing as fetish fuel.

And maybe there is some doubt there, because I can at least masturbate to fetish fuel Wonder Woman, even if the SJWs make me feel bad about it afterwards.
She was faking being a rich socialite. And she has been depicted as being something of a celebrity in the comics just less flirty and with more serious.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Most of her screen time, however, is eaten up by the 'rich socialite' persona, and that is, without a doubt, the second worst Wonder Woman characterization I have ever seen, besides the Wonder Woman versions who serve as nothing but fetish fuel.

I don't know....Gal Gadot looks pretty hot to me...Much better then Lois Lane :p

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I don't know....Gal Gadot looks pretty hot to me...Much better then Lois Lane :p
Dukat is attractive. I was referring more to the Wonder Woman versions were bondage comes up. A lot. Like, a lot a lot, when the comic is practically winking at you and you're surprised it didn't come with one of those little packets of hand lotion and a page splash guard.

EDIT: And yes, she's WAY more attractive then whoever that lady who's playing Lane. Not only physically, but Lane loses a lot of points just because after two movies of her actor and whoever the hell writes her, I cannot stand the sight of her face and can't wait for her inevitable death, unless they pussy out and don't carry out the prophesy ending where Superman goes mental.

Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Most of her screen time, however, is eaten up by the 'rich socialite' persona, and that is, without a doubt, the second worst Wonder Woman characterization I have ever seen, besides the Wonder Womans who serve as nothing as fetish fuel.

She was faking being a rich socialite. And she has been depicted as being something of a celebrity in the comics just less flirty and with more serious.
You're really not paying attention to what I'm saying, so I'm just going to exit to the left.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Dukat is attractive. I was referring more to the Wonder Woman versions were bondage comes up. A lot. Like, a lot a lot, when the comic is practically winking at you and you're surprised it didn't come with one of those little packets of hand lotion and a page splash guard.

EDIT: And yes, she's WAY more attractive then whoever that lady who's playing Lane. Not only physically, but Lane loses a lot of points just because after two movies of her actor and whoever the hell writes her, I cannot stand the sight of her face and can't wait for her inevitable death, unless they pussy out and don't carry out the prophesy ending where Superman goes mental.

Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

You're really not paying attention to what I'm saying, so I'm just going to exit to the left.
Why are you calling Gal Gadot Gul Dukat?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I can't help it. Every time I read her name, I hear Gul Dukat in my head, and every time I try to type it, I type Gul Dukat instead. I don't know why, and I guess it doesn't make much sense, but it is what it is.

I've given up on trying to stop, and amusingly, no one's misunderstood who I meant so far.

Not Who I Mean

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
JUMBO PALACE said:
Putting a song over short little clips of the only funny bits of the movie doesn't convince me that this is going to be a fun and jolly affair. Everyone can see this is damage control but I'm just shocked that WB has so little faith in movie-goers as to think they can't see that. This movie has been going for dark and edgy the whole time and it shows in the costumes and aesthetics which you can't cover with music.

BvS was the last time I give the DCU money without weighing reviews.
I'm absolutely going to agree with you on the bottom part there, just expand that to WB in general.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Abyssal Dancer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I think he's paying attention, you just don't like hearing it.

How's that Marvel Civil War though huh? ;)
I won't be able to see Civil War until May.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Abyssal Dancer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
AccursedTheory said:
Agent_Z said:
Lightknight said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I think he's paying attention, you just don't like hearing it.

How's that Marvel Civil War though huh? ;)
I'm assuming you meant to quote me.

And he isn't. My point is that they're picking the worst canonical versions of characters they can find, and his response is that they're canon. I know it's canon (Or part of one of what, 20+ canons). There's a canon where Wonder Woman is a New God. There's probably a canon where she's a Zombie Hooker from the Moon. That's not my problem with it.

As for Civil War, shit if I know. Pretty damn great if the reviewers can be trusted.