New Vegas Help

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
I ran in there for giggles, with only boone as companion. both of us were armed with anti-materiel rifles, and we slaughtered the whole lot of them. then we went down into the shack in the back of the fort and did what we had to do.

wich is to activate an army of securitron droids. lol. later on you can become commander of this army if you choose the yes-man questline. the ending is pretty abrupt and boring btw. a bigger-all-out battle would have been fun.

killing ceasar has no real effect at all. people just start saying "I wish I could have been there." or "wow you killed ceasar" etc.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
You can happily kill everyone if need be and the game continues just fine. I was only disliked by the legion when I got there and they weren't hostile, but when they wanted me to surrender my guns I was all 'aw hell naw' so I ended up killing them all.

I did it using mostly the grenade machine gun and sniper rifle, with help from some turbo/slasher/psycho/medX, that was on very hard + hardcore. If you're having trouble with a fight then take those drugs, they make a huge difference. Especially turbo.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Eclectic Dreck said:
Wolfinton said:
I call him an Emo considering the way he acts.
In the literal sense, I can understand. But, generally when the term Emo is used, it is done because the person is acting in a certain fashion without proper cause to do so.

Boone, on the other hand, has plenty of cause to be a broken wreck of a man. The guilt inherent in his participation in the accidental slaughter of countless innocent people is enough to weigh heavily upon the heart of any man. That his wife was kidnapped and left to a fate worse than death is simply another stone on the load. When he found that the only help he could offer her was a quick and painless death, he was all but broken.

So, tell me, is a man burdened by the ghosts of his past, a man who had his only comfort in the world stolen by a person who's safety he assured, a man who is unable to save even a single person he cared most about not entitled to sulk? When you meet him, the only thing that keeps him going is spite.
Yeah, this. Plus emo would be showing a lot of melodramatic emotion all the time, like if Boone cried all the time. Boone is broken and burdened, but also quiet and stoic about his pain. He's definitely not emo.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I don't know about you guys, but I went and killed the whole Legion encampment for the lulz. The important part is to know when to run and when to go alone. Also, something heavy-hitting, like the Gobi rifle or the Anti-Materiel rifle is reccomended. Bring some chems (Med-x, Psycho, Slasher, etc.) as well, to give you an edge.

Another thing to note is that there is a way to work around the heal-over-time limitation of Hardcore. Namely, you bring along a metric fuckton of DIFFERENT health restoring items. Since each gives you its own health recovery status, you can eat 10 different types of food, pop a Stimpak, Superstim, 2-3 kinds of water, healing powder, bitter drink and god know what else to give yourself an ungodly health regeneration which will likely outpace any damage you might be taking.