News Junkie: Elderly woman shoots bully, no charges!

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
I wish there was a poll for this thread: Fair of foul? Do you think the granny did right, or do you pity the 12 year old?

I say the granny did right. Once a person picks up an improvised weapon and knowingly uses it to cause damage or injury, said person has forfeited their right to safety.

If delinquents go by this rule as an excuse to beat up their victims and their rescuers, why not apply it to the delinquents?

We need more vigilantes. Rock on, old lady. rock on.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
Jamash said:
So verbal abuse is enough justification to shoot children?

Does freedom of speech not apply to children, who can be shot for being mouthy?

I know it's not quite as simple as that, but it does seem a bit extreme to shoot a child, even if he was being a bastard.

I hope she was a crack shot and was aiming for his shoulder, because if not she's extremely lucky. Six inches out and she could have hit him in the head or chest.
if you actually read the article, he hit her in the chest with a brick

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
This happened in Chicago, which happens to be a hellhole. Hooray Granny for trying to remove one peice of shit from that sewer.

As far as I can tell the people who think granny was in the wrong are basing that opinion on two things: He was twelve, and "he didn't do anything to warrant deadly force."

1. So, he was 12, if he was 18 would it automatically make it okay for her to shoot the hell out of him? The fact that this little fucker was 12 is irrelevant. 12 is more than enough time to be aware of what you're doing to people. The kinds of teens who enjoy terrorizing and assaulting the elderly generally also enjoy tormenting animals, random assault, and setting the homeless on fire. Not to mention, it's not like bullies ever escalate, so he'd never outright rape, beat or kill her sometime down the road, right?

Oh, and as for the "where are his parents" questions, another article I read on it said he was raised by the same Grandmother who made up that wonderfully idiotic story in his defence. So she's probably one of those Let him do whatever he wants, and the when he inevitably gets iced for being a fuckhead, go on TV and scream "HE WUZ A GUD KID, HE AIN NEVA DON NUTHIN TO NOBODY" people that you just want to sterilize.

2. On to the second part, I can kill you with a brick, fairly easily. It's part of the reason rocks were the #1 goto military ammunition for thousands of years. Rocks, more effective than pointy sticks. Therefore, Bricks = Deadly Force, quit being fucking stupid about shit like this.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
i have a worst one, a woman selling lottery tickets gets 3 shots to the head in front of her daughter and granddaughter in the middle of the street, where she was selling near the school; for not giving at to 2 robbers, one got mad, and shot her.

a few hours later, the cops got the 2 men, and jailed them...

this happened today in costa rica...

nick_knack

Jul 16, 2008
Jamash said:
xDarc said:
Jamash said:
So verbal abuse is enough justification to shoot children?
No. But the bricks the kid was throwing are potentially lethal. Probably the key reason no charges are being filed against granny.
This precedent should make all future riots a lot easier to deal with. If children can be justifiably shot for throwing bricks, then the police should have no trouble opening up on adults throwing any object that is considered potentially lethal.

People should think long and hard about whether they want to be shot the next time their favourite sports team loses a game.
Does not work that way. In the U.S. many states have laws authorizing private citizens to use deadly force to defend themselves against less than deadly threats to their home, their property, even, in some states, their personal space. The same does not go for riots. It isn't a fucking police state over there. I personally think they are a little crazy.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
UltraParanoia said:
This happened in Chicago, which happens to be a hellhole. Hooray Granny for trying to remove one peice of shit from that sewer.

As far as I can tell the people who think granny was in the wrong are basing that opinion on two things: He was twelve, and "he didn't do anything to warrant deadly force."

1. So, he was 12, if he was 18 would it automatically make it okay for her to shoot the hell out of him? The fact that this little fucker was 12 is irrelevant. 12 is more than enough time to be aware of what you're doing to people. The kinds of teens who enjoy terrorizing and assaulting the elderly generally also enjoy tormenting animals, random assault, and setting the homeless on fire. Not to mention, it's not like bullies ever escalate, so he'd never outright rape, beat or kill her sometime down the road, right?

Oh, and as for the "where are his parents" questions, another article I read on it said he was raised by the same Grandmother who made up that wonderfully idiotic story in his defence. So she's probably one of those Let him do whatever he wants, and the when he inevitably gets iced for being a fuckhead, go on TV and scream "HE WUZ A GUD KID, HE AIN NEVA DON NUTHIN TO NOBODY" people that you just want to sterilize.

2. On to the second part, I can kill you with a brick, fairly easily. It's part of the reason rocks were the #1 goto military ammunition for thousands of years. Rocks, more effective than pointy sticks. Therefore, Bricks = Deadly Force, quit being fucking stupid about shit like this.
very clear and succinct, I'm glad someone can put it into words so efficiently.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
Thats why we shouldnt have guns in this country. If a burgler breaks into that ladies house shes dead anyway. If a kid makes some crotchety old lady upset she has plenty of time to get a big gun and pop one into him.

America, our laws are stuck in the 1700's, you wont live through a burglary, but god damn can you shoot a kid. Thats freedom baby.

Jun 26, 2009
HG131 said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
HG131 said:
HG131 said:
HG131 said:
What? That's stupid! If I went around shooting everyone who did that I would've shot hundreds, possibly thousands of people. This is unjustifiable, especially seen as though it was a kid. And newsflash, kids do stupid things without thinking about it. She should of called the police and have him sent to juvie.
It wasn't a "stupid thing", it had been happening for a year!

Celtic_Kerr said:
Richard Eis said:
As far as i'm concerned, her aim was off.

Someone terrorises an old lady for a year, they deserve what they get, as they clearly have no sense of compassion or understanding. Prissy little "humans shouldn't be hurt, everyone is speshul" space cadets need a few lessons in real life.
There is a difference between hurt and killed. He's 12 years old. Not saying he shouldn't be hurt, but being shot is overkill.
Some people shouldn't be allowed to live. This kid is one of those people.
Ugh, you are one of those people. Everyone has a right to live, taking that away or saying someone doesn't deserve it puts you in the same catagory as Nazis to me. And he was a kid, a stupid kid who would of wised up after time in juvie. Shooting him was unnessisary, Granny should of gone to the cops. If it had been happening for a year then why didn't she go earlier? Violance is never needed and should always be avioded. For only weak minds turn to violance in times of need. There is always another way.
She did go to them. They hit her with a brick. They could have killed her. And not everyone deserves to live.
Then the police should be serverly punished or even fired, disregard of duty caused this.
And everyone has the right to a life, the opposite thought is what caused WW2 and countless other wars.
Do you think they could afford to fire a
bunch of cops? New ones have to be tested and trained for a while. Also, if everyone has the right to life, does that mean that if someone were to say,
drop a nuke on NYC you'd say they should live? What if someone shot you in the gut and raped your entire family in front of you and then killed them all
and left you alive? Would you campaign for his right to life? Would you support a man who tortured you and everyone you love? We have a name for that.
Stockholm Syndrome.
If someone was to commit such crimes against my family I would not persue revenge. Revenge helps with nothing and will consume anybody who trys to commit it. I would seek a fair trail under the laws of my country, England. If the accused is found innocent I accept the courts desision and move on with
my life and build a new future for myself. I would not dwell on the past, for that is who I am. A pacifist.
No, you aren't a pacifist, you're a punching
bag. I'm glad I'm not related to you, I'd cut off all ties with a family member who didn't feel an undying hatred for my murderer. You sound like you'd
become drinking buddies with a person who killed everyone you know and love.
Your mistaking a pacifist with a madman or a person who doesn't feel emotion. Ofcourse I'd have undying hatred, I just wouldn't hunt for revenge like a blood-crazed animal. I would spit on the floor they walk upon and stare at them with pure hatred, but never attack. If they did do such crimes then there would be unfaulting evidence against them and they would spend the rest of their life in jail or a mental instituet. If everyone was a pacifist then the world would be a hell of alot better place.

Foxtrotk72

Feb 27, 2010
well the kid had it coming any way at least she just shot him in the shoulder nothing serious just a wound did his parents know about him abusing her?

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Stuff that if i was the judge i would let the lady me and the whole room shoot the ****** with paintballs intill hes to bruised and when he gets home i go to his house taunt him smash his windows in then shoot him in the face with another paintball gun

ps. i was bullied a lot at school but the main thing is to never resort to violence i never did at school

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
linwolf said:
Shooting a child can never be justified, no matter how must of a bastard the child might be.
I can think of many circumstances where shooting a child can easily be justified
I know a few I would like to shoot
the only reason I don't is because of the consequences created by society

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
This happened not too far from my house. It was funny. Good for the woman. Goes to show never mess with an elderly woman

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Let's see tard kid throwing bricks at someone who can't take a hit from a brick...

Not wrong, very right. And lucky the lad only got a shoulder hit.

Next time he throws dangerous objects at the frail and elderly... Honestly little shit needs to be thrown in juvie for attempted murder and aggravated assault.

Kids smart enough to know who can take a brick to the chest and live...

Nothing is worse than a retarded child with a weapon, and no care in the world what the consequences are for their action. Oh wait, there is... a jackass who defends said kid after the little shit kills someone with the excuse they didn't know better...

Vrud

Mar 11, 2009
Forget the ages and genders involved here. Person A bullied Person B for a year, and eventually that aggression turned to lethal force. Out of fear, Person B finally struck back. Person A should have known better, and Person B is completely in the right.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Jamash said:
I'd show it first and fire a warning shot ...
... into WHAT, exactly? The other kid? Someone's car? Someone's bedroom window? Bullets don't just disappear at 50m IRL.