Nifty Halo: Reach Multiplayer Trailer Features Jetpacks

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Reire said:
Kollega said:
I've checked - there's not a single thing in this world that could not be improved by strapping a jetpack to it.
Strapping a jetpack to a rugby ball would be a pretty big downgrade, even though it would be awesome.
LIES! Strap a jetpack to a rugby ball, then strap jetpacks to players and goalposts, and make them play rugby IN ZERO-GRAVITY OF SPACE! How's that not better?

Reire

Jan 17, 2010
Kollega said:
Reire said:
Kollega said:
I've checked - there's not a single thing in this world that could not be improved by strapping a jetpack to it.
Strapping a jetpack to a rugby ball would be a pretty big downgrade, even though it would be awesome.
LIES! Strap a jetpack to a rugby ball, then strap jetpacks to players and goalposts, and make them play rugby IN ZERO-GRAVITY OF SPACE! How's that not better?
...touche
but damn you for making such an amazing sounding sport which is impossible to play -.-

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
It depends on how they make the jetpack work. It can either have really clunky, shitty controls or it can be a fantastic addition. Personally the halo franchise has grown a bit stale so we'll see if the new combat draws me in.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Hmm it looks ok, the only game that I'm definately going to get this year is Final Fantasy XIII.

weker

May 27, 2009
when i saw the new halo multiplayer i thought it looked really awesome.
thank god finally a FPS game which inst a clone of something else and has actual improvements over the last games.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
TheHonestGamer said:
Pfft, this is the best Bungie can come up with? Halo fans are wetting their pants over themselves over this? It looks like the same crap as any of the other Halo games, I feel sorry for the suckers who paid for a $60 expansion pack just to play this crap, screw Halo. Not to mentiom jetpacks has already done and done better in Tribes a far superior series than Halo.

*Goes back to play Modern Warfare 2*

3 points

It looks like the same crap as any of the other Halo games, I feel sorry for the suckers who paid for a $60 expansion pack just to play this crap, screw Halo.
1: The people that bought the "$60 expansion pack" did so because they enjoyed Halo and wanted to play a game that was more story based or thought it was genuinely interesting. Most of the people did not buy it solely for the Reach Beta.

Not to mention jetpacks has already done and done better in Tribes a far superior series than Halo
2: In tribes (Not bashing the game in any way, it?s a really good game) the Jetpack is sort of a core gameplay mechanic; thusly it is probably more polished. In reach it is not part of the core gameplay, instead it appears to be optional armor equipment. Also, you do realize that the game IS NOT OUT YET, you have no idea if the jetpacks are worse or not.

Goes back to play Modern Warfare 2
3: If you were playing Call of duty why the hell did you waste your precious time to comment on a thread about an upcoming Halo game? A series that it seems you dont enjoy in the slightest.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
And I just nerdgasm'd...And loved it.

But yeah, it looks so good...I mean just...BTW, WOOP ELITES IN MULTIPLAYER. (Who seem bigger, hmmmm, odd.)

evilomega13

Aug 20, 2008
...I have to wait two more months for that? God damnit. Still, more time to finish Bioshock 1&2 and get Mass Effect 2. But still...
May, you can not come fast enough.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
This looks like a lot of fun.

Sadly I'll never get to use this feature. Why? Because I'm still not willing to pay a load of money for the privilege of getting cussed at by a whole world full of twitching brainless children.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
This makes me wonder...does this mean you can kill someone by landing on them from great heights now? That would be AWESOME.
And godDAMN I want to use that needler rifle. Badly.
Code:
impatience levels raised by 10000

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Argh... So far away... Nah, I can wait (Hopefully)... I have Bad Company 2...
And, Jetpacks FTMFW! Also, no ODST Expansions? (Map packs for Firefight) I honestly like it...

Apr 28, 2008
Ho-ly shit...

If the beta is anything like this, well then holy shit...

And Stealth attacks? Fuck YES.

Granted if they're anything like the stealth attacks in Uncharted 2, they will result in a crapload of cursing and calling the killer "pussy fag" in the lobbies.

But then again that usually happens no matter what, so bleh.

Still though, fuck yes

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Want. Pure liquidated want, spewing forth from my eyessss

This, gentlemen, looks absolutely 100% motherfucking sick. Nuff said.

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
swaki said:
man its been a while since i played global agenda, any way thats great, jetpacks are always nice but if this is a prequel why dont they have jetpacks in the other games, did they think "nah jetpacks are to awesome, lets just walk instead"
I think that most of the new tech in the game is due to Reach being the major human military research centre, and I'm guessing that these are all prototypes.

OT: WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Wow, this actually looks REALLY good. Way to pull out all the stops for your final Halo game, Bungie! Besides the fact that all the weapons look MUCH cooler in this trailer (the assault rife, in particular, caught my eye, what with its more stylized and angular look this time around), overall it looks like there's going to be WAY more depth here than there was in Halo 3 or ODST. Hopefully, that'll scare off all the racist eleven-year-olds with Tourette's that seem to be coating Xbox Live in a thick sludge nowadays. I don't think they'd be able to cope with a system that actually requires them to make intelligent decisions and be creative.