Nikola Tesla

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Kinguendo said:
Simriel said:
His problem was that he gave up FAR too easily. He would fail at something once, them move on and never try a redesign.
Yeah, but think of how difficult it would have been for him to come up with the correct formula before the technological and scientific advancements we had to create helicopters and such.

I dont think he would have cracked it unless he had a major epiphany OR got the power to see into the future. :D
I think he could have if he hadn't given up so much.

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
Malicious said:
scorch 13 said:
So after a recent thread i just looked at i realized how under appreciated Nikola Tesla was until just lately,its true bull crap i mean thanks to thomas edison who stole some of Tesla's ideas and basicaly tried to ruin him we lost 1 of the greastest scientists on earth so i ask how do you feel about this.btw if you like tesla or other scientist join the nikola tesla group!
Tesla is actually from my country, and the school i went to was named after him. He was pretty awesome, but very strange, he wouldn't get closer to half a meter to people, never had sex (not even with himself) , never had friends, and was ahead of his time by a lot. His asynchronised (pardon my spelling) motor is one of the most perfect machines ever! Too bad he had no funds here and went to America :-( . Needless to say, im joining your group.
wait your serbian cause the flag and the stuff

Embright

Jul 2, 2009
Aside from his (interesting) crazy ideas about particle cannons, wireless energy, and anti-gravity, he did invent the AC generator, the tesla coil (with its numerous applications including radios), and the awesome and little known tesla turbine which generated upwards of (realistically speaking) 70% efficiency.

I just wish that he had transistors to play with, no telling what he could have made....

So yes Tesla is amazing, read his autobiography!

Simriel

Dec 22, 2008
Bugsyfella said:
Simriel said:
Mcupobob said:
I perfer Leonardo Da Vinica, but I looked up Telsa and well it seems he didn't invent much but his ideas seemed to help with are current technology, I wouldn't say he is as more under appreciated as any other great inventor.
Wireless electricity? The man could do things with technology we are only catching up to now. Know why we didn't get it? Thomas Edison. Stole Teslas Electricity and the Movie Camera from someone else.
There are also rumors he had created plans for a death-ray but died before they became public.
I would not be surprised.

Simriel

Dec 22, 2008
Bugsyfella said:
Mcupobob said:
I perfer Leonardo Da Vinica, but I looked up Telsa and well it seems he didn't invent much but his ideas seemed to help with are current technology, I wouldn't say he is as more under appreciated as any other great inventor.
Leo wasn't all that, one thing is he never finished anything he started and though his idea's were great he never put them into practice and many of which if not almost all would never have worked. Basically he was to much of a dreamer and not very practical.
I agree. he was more a philosopher than a scientist.

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
Malicious said:
scorch 13 said:
Malicious said:
scorch 13 said:
So after a recent thread i just looked at i realized how under appreciated Nikola Tesla was until just lately,its true bull crap i mean thanks to thomas edison who stole some of Tesla's ideas and basicaly tried to ruin him we lost 1 of the greastest scientists on earth so i ask how do you feel about this.btw if you like tesla or other scientist join the nikola tesla group!
Tesla is actually from my country, and the school i went to was named after him. He was pretty awesome, but very strange, he wouldn't get closer to half a meter to people, never had sex (not even with himself) , never had friends, and was ahead of his time by a lot. His asynchronised (pardon my spelling) motor is one of the most perfect machines ever! Too bad he had no funds here and went to America :-( . Needless to say, im joining your group.
wait your serbian cause the flag and the stuff
Yeah, it is also in my profile page. He is one of the country's top scientist, if not the very greatest.
small world my parents are serbian

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
BlindMessiah94 said:
Tesla was an eccentric scientist who disagreed with the theory of relativity and went reclusive and senile in his later years inventing Mega Death Rays and was regarded as a mad scientist by the populous.

So basically he's awesome. I've always been a fan.
It's the Mad Scientists that always Innovate and get the job done...

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Simriel said:
Mcupobob said:
Wireless electricity? The man could do things with technology we are only catching up to now. Know why we didn't get it? Thomas Edison. Stole Teslas Electricity and the Movie Camera from someone else.
Stole is such a harsh word. I generally prefer to view it as he took a brilliant idea and used it to create a product that could be sold. For all his brilliance, Tesla couldn't ever figure out how to sell his ideas.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
He is very underappreciated, I agree.
I mean, come on, he gave is the technology to play the Mario theme with lightning bolts!

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
I'm not sure I understand the question. I mean, these things they figured out, they all came from a pool of knowledge which is shared. One understanding can be the key to a eureka moment...so what am I supposed to feel bad for Nikola Tesla for? I knew of him prior to this forum being created...isn't that enough. What Tesla or Edison grandkid is still getting a royalty check from the power company?

I don't know the whole story, and perhaps the idea of what occured sucks. That I can understand...but I don't feel bad for Nikola Tesla. Figuring out a theory (especially your own) is just a damn good feeling. That in itself is the prize.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1903752

AlgarWolf

Nov 25, 2008
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/tesla.html

Ben Thompson really explained everything in that article that I have to say about this man.