Nintendo: Adults Use Wii More Often Than PS3, 360

silvain

Mar 9, 2010
You guys are hilarious. It's like the Wii killed your pets or something.

I'd just like to set this quote down right here: "The plural of anecdote is not data."

So all of those "but no one I know..." statements aren't a comparator to the survey.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Yes, that is the over 18+ average, but I want to see how many of those are 40+, cause I'd bet that most of them are over 40

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Oh yay, more Wii hating. I play mine often, and I can't see why people complain. Most people who say that Wii owners only play casual games have no experience, and are talking OUT OF THEIR ARSES. Congrats, Nintendo, and keep it up. Haters will hate.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
I love how everyone is suddenly offended about these statistics. Especially this guy:

Jiraiya72 said:
Yes this. Also reminds me of the article claiming like 40% of gamers are women. Sorry but playing wii sports 2 hours a week is the same as playing farmville. It isn't gaming.
Who says it isn't gaming? You? Just because you voiced your opinion on the internet doesn't make it right.

Nintendo have been in the gaming market long before Microsoft and Sony ever were and obviously they're doing something right. As I've always said, Microsoft and Sony are having a pissing contest and Nintendo are winning. Kudos to them.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Radelaide said:
Who says it isn't gaming? You? Just because you voiced your opinion on the internet doesn't make it right.
Who says it is gaming? You? Just because you voiced your opinion on the internet doesn't make it right.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
Radelaide said:
Who says it is gaming? You? Just because you voiced your opinion on the internet doesn't make it right.
Not me personally, but Nintendo is a video game manufacturer. And by that, I'm fairly sure it is gaming.

Hope that helps!

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Radelaide said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Radelaide said:
Not me personally, but Nintendo is a video game manufacturer. And by that, I'm fairly sure it is gaming.

Hope that helps!
Then we'll agree to disagree, since I'm sure you won't ever concede to my point, and I vice versa.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Adults aren't hardcore gamers by default.

Either way, just Nintendo showing off. Congrats to them, I really need to buy a Wii now. And a 3DS.
The line starts here for people waiting for a 3DS.

What's most interesting to me about that chart is that the amount of adults that use their PS3 and 360 is only off by 4%.
Oh well, like Pimppeter said: "just Nintendo showing off."

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
I'm gonna call bullshit on that statistic. I own a wii, 360 and ps3. Along with an NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, GameGear, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, DSLite, DSi, Xbox, N64, Sony playstation, PS2, Gamecube, and an Atari 2600. Not only does the wii see less use than the ps3 and 360, it sees less use than the SNES. Not joking here. I almost never turn the wii on. I think the last time I played it was for no more heroes 2. I own my own house, car and work full time.