Nintendo Announces DLC Pass for Zelda: Breath of the Wild

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
altnameJag said:
Jesus Christ, it's like you guys don't know that Mario Kart 8 had paid DLC. Dial back the hyperbole bit. I know we're gamers, but try waiting on the panic for once.

Totes worth it for MK8, btw.
sarcasm on
Yeah guys! This isn't the first Season Pass from Nintendo and the rules say that you can only get upset the first time some anti-consumer BS is announced.
sarcasm off

Why do people think this way I wonder? It's like they think that if you let something go the first time, you have no right to ever complain about it. Here's another sarcastic example to drive the point home: Gosh guys, racism has been going on for years, no need to get upset about it now!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:
Jesus Christ, it's like you guys don't know that Mario Kart 8 had paid DLC. Dial back the hyperbole bit. I know we're gamers, but try waiting on the panic for once.

sarcasm on
Yeah guys! This isn't the first Season Pass from Nintendo and the rules say that you can only get upset the first time some anti-consumer BS is announced.
sarcasm off

Why do people think this way I wonder? It's like they think that if you let something go the first time, you have no right to ever complain about it. Here's another sarcastic example to drive the point home: Gosh guys, racism has been going on for years, no need to get upset about it now!

If it's anything like Nintendo's other DLC, you'll be able to buy it at it's discounted rate well after the DLC is actually out. How about we wait a bit and see if the DLC is A) worth $20, and B) is actually a case of cutting something out of the game, before we declare it as the worst thing ever and a sure sign that Nintendo's becoming the next Konami.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:

sarcasm on
sarcasm off

If it's anything like Nintendo's other DLC, you'll be able to buy it at it's discounted rate well after the DLC is actually out. How about we wait a bit and see if the DLC is A) worth $20, and B) is actually a case of cutting something out of the game, before we declare it as the worst thing ever and a sure sign that Nintendo's becoming the next Konami.
We don't need to wait to know that Nintendo is selling a Season Pass and that is always anti-consumer, they also give only vague information about what people are paying for. Pre-ordering DLC is always ridiculous.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
WeepingAngels said:
We don't need to wait to know that Nintendo is selling a Season Pass and that is always anti-consumer, they also give only vague information about what people are paying for. Pre-ordering DLC is always ridiculous.
So don't do it.

Like I said, if this is anything like their other DLC, there's no point to buying it ahead of time anyway. It's not like it's a limited time offer.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
So don't do it.

Like I said, if this is anything like their other DLC, there's no point to buying it ahead of time anyway. It's not like it's a limited time offer.
I won't buy it but as long as there are people defending this anti-consumer BS, I will continue to debate against it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
So don't do it.

I won't buy it but as long as there are people defending this anti-consumer BS, I will continue to debate against it.
"Debate" is a generous word for what's going on. "Hyperbolic panicanic" is closer.

Sarcastic strawmaning of my stance and a comparison to complaining about racism isn't debate.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
So don't do it.

"Debate" is a generous word for what's going on. "Hyperbolic panicanic" is closer.

Sarcastic strawmaning of my stance and a comparison to complaining about racism isn't debate.
Your original argument was that they have done it before so it's ok now. It's not. What you choose to call it is your business and not something I care about.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:

Your original argument was that they have done it before so it's ok now. It's not. What you choose to call it is your business and not something I care about.
My original argument was that they did it before and did it well, so maybe we should dial down the fire until we have more details.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:

My original argument was that they did it before and did it well, so maybe we should dial down the fire until we have more details.
Since I think that Season Passes are always anti-consumer, you can understand why I don't agree that they did it well with Mario Kart 8. Oh and fuck all that 'let's wait until Nintendo decides to give us details' nonsense. That kind of attitude only encourages Nintendo to remain as vague as possible. People will finally give up and pre-order anyway since the NDF is constantly telling people that they can't criticize until Nintendo releases all the details.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:

Since I think that Season Passes are always anti-consumer, you can understand why I don't agree that they did it well with Mario Kart 8. Oh and fuck all that 'let's wait until Nintendo decides to give us details' nonsense. That kind of attitude only encourages Nintendo to remain as vague as possible. People will finally give up and pre-order anyway since the NDF is constantly telling people that they can't criticize until Nintendo releases all the details.
Not my fault people can't wait to throw money at a screen for digital goods that are going to be the same price after release.

Why "preorder" when there's nothing to gain from doing so?

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:
WeepingAngels said:
altnameJag said:

Not my fault people can't wait to throw money at a screen for digital goods that are going to be the same price after release.

Why "preorder" when there's nothing to gain from doing so?
Agreed. I realized at some point in the past that there will likely be no Switch consoles available at launch on store shelves because they have all been pre-ordered. Atleast, pre-order slots are sold out everywhere last I heard. Pre-order culture has become ridiculous. I wish companies would just say NO to pre-orders. Go to the store and get it on launch day or if you can't do that, order it online on launch day.