Nintendo Announces Female Version of Link, 'Linkle,' for Hyrule Warriors Legends

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
At the people blaming Nintendo, the game is actually made by Koei and they are in charge of the original character. They named Linkle.

Aerosteam said:
I know that! I'm talking about Linkle specifically, her design is different from just Link with boobs.
There was Linkle r34 several months ago when the design was leaked for the first time or whatever happened.
The internet is fast.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Lightknight said:
"Linkle"? What the hell? I guess "Link" is perceived as a gender specific name in Nintendoland. Like we have people named Bobette here... But Linkle is a ridiculous sounding name. Anything that rhymes with Tinkle is. Hmm, but maybe that's kind of the route they were going with a fairy-esque sound to it? If that's the reasoning then that makes better sense I guess.
I still think they should go with Linkara, and I'm sure he would absolutely get a kick out of it if they did. xD

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Aiddon said:
erttheking said:
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Seriously, why can't we get a Persona 3 Portable where you play as the same character regardless of gender, but the genders have distinct personalities.
Because that's not how reality works. Believe it or not, Nintendo has not confirmed anything of her relation to Link beyond just somehow looking a lot like him and having a very similar name. In fact, she's almost like a joke character in that regard because of the bizarre coincidences involved in her design in-universe. Seriously, I can only imagine how the rest of the gang reacts to her.
Why is that not how reality works? Seriously, even if this isn't the concept I mentioned, what's wrong with the concept I mentioned? Worked brilliantly for Persona 3 Portable.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Batou667 said:
Cool. Now if only they made a female Zelda...
Seriously, the article needs to be edited because Nintendo announced the male Zelda like an hour ago:

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
Josh123914 said:
Batou667 said:
Cool. Now if only they made a female Zelda...
Seriously, the article needs to be edited because Nintendo announced the male Zelda like an hour ago:

But, Sheik is just Zelda pretending to be a man. That'd be like saying just declaring yourself to be a man is good enough to make you an actual man.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Was it just too hard to name her Linka?

I look forward to our brave heroine Linka coming to the aid of Prince Zeldan.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
chadachada123 said:
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean. "Linkle" and "Linkel" are pronounced the same in my dialect (Midwest US).
Linkle has an L sound similar to sprinkle. Linkel would have an L sound more akin to excel.

If you prefer, you could imagine it spelled as "Linkelle", though that would feel too cliche for my tastes. Dropping the superfluous L and E makes the name appear more fantasy-like.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
saltyanon said:
It's read as Rinkuru in Japanese and sounds alright. It's better than going for the obvious Rinko, that's for sure.
Granted, but it's an obvious issue of "lost in translation". Someone at Nintendo should have come to the realization that the name simply doesn't translate well into English. It really wouldn't have been that difficult to alter the name slightly to make it sound less absurd.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time they've changed the name of a character to deviate from the expected Japanese translation.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Barbas said:
...Unless it's a crime to be this sexy. It's no use; I've had at least three hours of sleep, so no more foul-ups for at least another five.
You've failed me, Barbinkle. I expectinkled more spectinkle from your slip of the tonginkle. I'm very disappointinkled.

Barbas said:
Oh, this name's going to be value for months.
Yes. Yes it will.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Cute. Very cute. Cool, angsty names are not Nintendo's strong point, so Linkle is not much astray from the norm. Progress, people. Double crossbows would need a specific clothing attatchment to reload in real world logic. However, this is Nintendo logic which works only in the land of mad and/or hallucinating. Still, cute. Wonder if there is any future in this.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Why dual crossbows?
Kind of strikes me even less as something I would expect in a zelda game than giant swords.
Besides, it's not link without a sword and she doesn't even look close to the iconic link outfit anyway.
And if it's an original character that has literally nothing to do with link besides the color green, why that name?
Seems a bit pointless.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Tch I know this is a good thing, I really really know that this is a good thing.

But why am I so disappointed that they didn't just allow Zelda and Link to role swap... I want to play as Zelda and have that 'Legend of' thing finally live up to the name!

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
That's why I love Koei. They love their huge rosters, and will make a character from anything remotely canon. And iirc, Linkle is from canon art.

lazinesslord

Jun 13, 2010
True, but then again the character design sensibilities in Hyrule Warrior leans less towards Legend of Zelda and more towards Final Fantasy at times.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Linkle.

LIN-KLE

Linkle

Gee, could Nintendo have picked a worse name?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
She's cute!

Fem-Link game nao, pls.
Aerosteam said:
Rule 34 if her is being created right now.
I know.

I'm the one drawing it.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Vigormortis said:
chadachada123 said:
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean. "Linkle" and "Linkel" are pronounced the same in my dialect (Midwest US).
Linkle has an L sound similar to sprinkle. Linkel would have an L sound more akin to excel.

If you prefer, you could imagine it spelled as "Linkelle", though that would feel too cliche for my tastes. Dropping the superfluous L and E makes the name appear more fantasy-like.
Ah, that's fair, yeah. (I prefer the "e[XX]e" style myself, like with Toadette and Bombette," but maybe that's just me).