Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
It's like Nintendo want us to regret purchasing the Wii. One day they will be back on the bottom and this shit will be part of the reason why. I hope the WiiU fails just like the 3DS will. I used to love Nintendo but there is only so much any fan can take.
Doubt 3DS is going to fail.
I don't know, the 3D gimmick isn't exactly making people run out and buy them and that is it's major feature. What good is a feature that some people can't even see and that gives alot of people a headache making for short gaming sessions in 3D.
People aren't running out and buying them because it was released in the middle of the year (no holiday sales), had a highish price, and, in Japan's case, was released in the midst of a natural disaster. You should probably just be on the "wait and see" boat versus being on the "oh it's obviously going to fail no matter what" boat. If it doesn't start selling by the holidays then you should switch boats.
That boat is too crowded. I think the 3DS will fail, if I am wrong then I am wrong. There are also other issues like Nintendo being able to brick your 3DS remotely or something. Is that true? If it is then you know that is holding some people back too.
But that stance is so negative and pessimistic. Being neutral seems to be the way to go.

The people who are upset about Nintendo's ability to brick your system remotely are pirates, a.k.a. undesirables. Companies usually don't give a shit about their feelings as the pirates don't give a shit about the company's.
I am not a pirate but I am upset about Nintendo having that ability, it is another factor to keep me away from it. After all, when Sony removed OtherOS, did it only upset the pirates? I have a HP monitor, sure wouldn't like it if HP could kill it remotely even if the likelihood of that happening is low. Wouldn't want Ford to be able to remotely kill my car either, does that make me a car thief?
Admittedly, it's a little worrying, but I doubt it will affect you in any way if you behave yourself.
Crono1973 said:
The Wii was a success from the get go. Remember that the stores were always sold out for the first couple of years of the Wii's life. So I guess I am wondering why you ever thought the Wii was a failure?

The 3DS, on the other hand is not flying off the shelves and Nintendo has admitted it isn't selling as well as they would like. Also, Nintendo USES it's gimmicks. Even though alot of people hated motion controls it didn't stop Nintendo from forcing them into most of their high profile games. The DS as well, the love throwing in stylus control and yelling into the mic, no matter how much gamers disliked it. No, they will not abandon the 3D part of the 3DS. Third party devs might but Nintendo won't.
It's worth mentioning that the Wii was released in time for the holiday rush.
...and didn't slow down after the holiday season.
Exactly, sales pick up steam after the holidays.
Don't follow, first it's "The 3DS isn't selling well because it wasn't released during the holidays" but when I point out that the Wii sold well in or out of the holidays, you say this?

Whatever, it doesn't matter. 3DS is a failure for a variety of reasons that can't be fixed, they are design flaws. Things like 3D which many people can't use or don't want to use, built in kill switch and battery life.

If I am wrong and the 3DS turns into a success, great.
Does it really make less sense than you saying "3DS is a failure regardless of any conditions"?

Vita is in the same state that the 3DS was in a year ago, it seems like a perfect little system, but when it gets closer to release flaws become apparent.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
Balobo said:
Crono1973 said:
It's like Nintendo want us to regret purchasing the Wii. One day they will be back on the bottom and this shit will be part of the reason why. I hope the WiiU fails just like the 3DS will. I used to love Nintendo but there is only so much any fan can take.
Doubt 3DS is going to fail.
I don't know, the 3D gimmick isn't exactly making people run out and buy them and that is it's major feature. What good is a feature that some people can't even see and that gives alot of people a headache making for short gaming sessions in 3D.
People aren't running out and buying them because it was released in the middle of the year (no holiday sales), had a highish price, and, in Japan's case, was released in the midst of a natural disaster. You should probably just be on the "wait and see" boat versus being on the "oh it's obviously going to fail no matter what" boat. If it doesn't start selling by the holidays then you should switch boats.
That boat is too crowded. I think the 3DS will fail, if I am wrong then I am wrong. There are also other issues like Nintendo being able to brick your 3DS remotely or something. Is that true? If it is then you know that is holding some people back too.
But that stance is so negative and pessimistic. Being neutral seems to be the way to go.

The people who are upset about Nintendo's ability to brick your system remotely are pirates, a.k.a. undesirables. Companies usually don't give a shit about their feelings as the pirates don't give a shit about the company's.
I am not a pirate but I am upset about Nintendo having that ability, it is another factor to keep me away from it. After all, when Sony removed OtherOS, did it only upset the pirates? I have a HP monitor, sure wouldn't like it if HP could kill it remotely even if the likelihood of that happening is low. Wouldn't want Ford to be able to remotely kill my car either, does that make me a car thief?
Admittedly, it's a little worrying, but I doubt it will affect you in any way if you behave yourself.
Crono1973 said:
The Wii was a success from the get go. Remember that the stores were always sold out for the first couple of years of the Wii's life. So I guess I am wondering why you ever thought the Wii was a failure?

The 3DS, on the other hand is not flying off the shelves and Nintendo has admitted it isn't selling as well as they would like. Also, Nintendo USES it's gimmicks. Even though alot of people hated motion controls it didn't stop Nintendo from forcing them into most of their high profile games. The DS as well, the love throwing in stylus control and yelling into the mic, no matter how much gamers disliked it. No, they will not abandon the 3D part of the 3DS. Third party devs might but Nintendo won't.
It's worth mentioning that the Wii was released in time for the holiday rush.
...and didn't slow down after the holiday season.
Exactly, sales pick up steam after the holidays.
Don't follow, first it's "The 3DS isn't selling well because it wasn't released during the holidays" but when I point out that the Wii sold well in or out of the holidays, you say this?

Whatever, it doesn't matter. 3DS is a failure for a variety of reasons that can't be fixed, they are design flaws. Things like 3D which many people can't use or don't want to use, built in kill switch and battery life.

If I am wrong and the 3DS turns into a success, great.
Does it really make less sense than you saying "3DS is a failure regardless of any conditions"?

Vita is in the same state that the 3DS was in a year ago, it seems like a perfect little system, but when it gets closer to release flaws become apparent.
Yes actually it does make less sense because you said one thing and then you said another. I am saying the 3DS is a failure no matter when it launched. Sales will pick up at Christmas but they still won't be flying off the shelves and after Christmas sales will go back down again. That didn't happen with the Wii which was the point of comparing the two.

I am not endorsing Vita. I don't know anything about it so don't pretend that I am playing some fanboy game. I am just very disappointed in Nintendo and their gimmicks, their stubbornness and not too fond of their desire to control hardware that has already been sold.

GrungyMunchy

Nov 21, 2009
veloper said:
GrungyMunchy said:
mastiffchild said:
GrungyMunchy said:
Yeah, they really must hate money. They're not even a company or anything.

If they're not releasing the game in America they must have a REALLY good reason for it, i.e. market studies showing the games won't sell shit. Especially given that they already have the English version made.

So yeah, the only reason you won't see the games released in the US is because you won't buy them.
In this case the cost of localisation is already done for the EU(UK)so just what risk would there be for Ninty of America?
You have no idea what you're talking about.
answer his question anyway
I shouldn't need to. So I'm not going to.