Nintendo Giving Away Ash's Pikachu

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Still, it's a level 50 Pokémon that gains XP faster than normal, and that's hard to turn down, even if it isn't unique.
With small, oh so cute, electro pokemon in particular, and that abomination in particular, being the most unlikeable creatures to ever taint a screen, that's an offer that's pretty easy to turn down. I'll stay with my current 6 dragons team in White, thank you very much nintendo.

David Sterling

Apr 5, 2010
After realizing I missed the chance to nab the Shiny Entei, Raikou and Suicune from Gamestop last January, I went into a state of deep depression.

I lost battle after battle with my pitiful team of lvl 100 Magikarps. The addition of Entei, Raikou and Suicune would have made a perfect addition, but seeing as I missed my chance, I nearly gave up on Pokemon as a whole.

On the verge of nearly throwing a Master Ball aimed at myself, I stumbled across this post. I read, with tears streaming down my cheeks as I finally found a renewed energy to live life again.

I love you, Escapist.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Thats cool and all, but it will never be as great as my Pikachu from Yellow.

Transferred the little guy(actually the game labeled it as a female) to Stadium 2 and it wrecked everything.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
twistedheat15 said:
And is pikachu even still that popular? Seems with 400+ pokemon out he would've been lost in the sea of "***** you ain't a legendary why would I want you on my team?!"
Legendaries are for chumps. League play doesn't allow them and I really despise every single one of them. Hell, I think that starters are too unfair to be allowed in battles too.

There may be over 600 pokémon, but not all of them are amazing. Pikachu is still in a pretty decent tier.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
i once had a prosperous family of pichu-raichu in my breeder days, they were all decended from a kick-ass fighter and contest winning Raichu called Kutu, he knew Thunder, Thunder Bolt, Volt Tackle and Iron Tail. and since i only ever bred the males, all the babies inherited the moves (the original light ball i used became something of a family heirloom). any one of them could have kicked ash's pikachu's ass :p

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
David Sterling said:
After realizing I missed the chance to nab the Shiny Entei, Raikou and Suicune from Gamestop last January, I went into a state of deep depression.

I lost battle after battle with my pitiful team of lvl 100 Magikarps. The addition of Entei, Raikou and Suicune would have made a perfect addition, but seeing as I missed my chance, I nearly gave up on Pokemon as a whole.

On the verge of nearly throwing a Master Ball aimed at myself, I stumbled across this post. I read, with tears streaming down my cheeks as I finally found a renewed energy to live life again.

I love you, Escapist.
here's a thought, next time evolve your magikarp BEFORE they reach level 100! :p

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
oppp7 said:
Big deal, they're giving away Celebis at Gamestop next month, and Victinis after B/W launches.

Edit: Wait, did you report that? Here are the links: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_beasts_distribution_reveals_Celebi_event

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Liberty_Pass_event_announced_for_PAL_regions

Although Victini is only in Europe.
Ok, THIS news is the type of news I wanted to hear! :D

I've been waiting for news on a Celebi since I got Heartgold. Now I can get all original 251!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Interesting...

With the Jirachi I transferred into HG/SS, the earlier Mew giveaway, the three shinies, and the upcoming Celebi, I could create a pretty decent team with just download event Pokémon!

Just too bad my local Toys 'R' Us is having a clearance sale so they can close for remodeling. I can still go to another one I know of near that's on route to the Mall of America, though...

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I see everyones to high brow to accept a free pokemon. TEAM ROCKET WOULD ACCEPT YOU PIKACHU!!

However I live in Canada D:

Emo-Hawk

Jul 9, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Pikachu, I want you! You little brats don't deserve him, I've been waiting for him since I started playing Red! No, not Fire Red, actual Red! Yes, you don't remember it, because it came out before you were born!
Why must I live in the UK?
Welcome to my world XD

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I'd take this, if only to have a super special Pikachu. It is unfortunate that he's nothing more than you could get with a bit of breeding, but still...
But then, these events kind of annoy me. Being here in Australia, I've never (legitimately) acquired any of those super special ones, like Celebi, Mew, Jirachi etc. Ah well.
I just want a 3DS so I can get all those pokemon games I'm missing... I wonder if I can trade between a 3DS and a DS Phat...

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
David Sterling said:

I love you, Escapist.
you do realize there still giving away suicune until feb 7th right? you only need one of the beats to unlock the pokemon in black/white.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I don't see why people are complaining. It's a short drive to get a free pokemon. Sure, Emonga will be better in BW but its FREE. Quit complaining.

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
brunothepig said:
I'd take this, if only to have a super special Pikachu. It is unfortunate that he's nothing more than you could get with a bit of breeding, but still...
But then, these events kind of annoy me. Being here in Australia, I've never (legitimately) acquired any of those super special ones, like Celebi, Mew, Jirachi etc. Ah well.
I just want a 3DS so I can get all those pokemon games I'm missing... I wonder if I can trade between a 3DS and a DS Phat...
according to this list: http://serebii.net/events/2010.shtml#others

the only reason youve missed out on any event is that you didnt know they were happening.

mew australia: 15 October 2010- 30 October 2010

enigma stone event australia: 31 July 2010- 27 August 2010

jirachi was available three different ways. toysrus,big w, and wifi.

im not going to post the rest because the copy paste game is getting boring. australia is listed under "others" dont fret about celebi. you will get it in due time. it sucks being on the other side of the world and getting shit late im sure, but its the nature of living in australia, best get used to it.