Nintendo Giving Away Ash's Pikachu

ViletteMadr

Jan 30, 2011
Oh no. I just couldn't. Taking someone else's pikachu. Especially "the pikachu". I just... i just...no.

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Damn I miss pokemon, this thread just reminds me of being a kid. I had a level 100 squad and Pikachu was one of them, yes I could have evolved it and made it stronger but then it just wouldn't be a pikachu would it. I'm really tempted to get black and white just to relive my youth.

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Reeves88 said:
i just cant beleave pokemon is still going strong
http://pokebeach.com/2011/02/black-and-white-preorder-sales-in-the-u-s-at-0-76-million

Extremely.

BrianLee

Jan 27, 2011
The Iron Tail and Thunderbolt moves are amazing!

Adventure Games [http://www.mindjolt.com/] are coming along much better nowadays.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
... I'm not a fan of pokemon. When they made it so you had to put in a lot of RL effort(besides having two systems and both versions of the game) to get pokemon it got really, really stupid.

It honestly makes me rage a little bit. All pokemon should be in-universe which a lot of them don't seem like they are. Emerald was interesting in the way it did legendaries. IT was a lot of work. That's how it should be. But hte work should be IN-GAME.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Nah, not worth it for me. I can steal Ash's Pikachu the old-fashioned way. (That and it hasn't been offered here in Canada, to my knowledge >:/)

Cowabungaa said:
Perfect plan:

Go dress up as Team Rocket, download the Pikachu and cackle like a mad hound.
[sub]Would if I could... :([/sub]

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Nah, not worth it for me. I can steal Ash's Pikachu the old-fashioned way. (That and it hasn't been offered here in Canada, to my knowledge >:/)
It's on the Canadian Pokemon site apparently. I think that's a good sign. Maybe?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Wakefield said:
Redlin5 said:
It's on the Canadian Pokemon site apparently. I think that's a good sign. Maybe?
I won't get my hopes up too much. After all, my minions have been after this particular Pikachu for a loooooooooooong time.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Dimensional Vortex said:
So the United States get Ash's famous Pikachu, the UK will end up getting shiny legendaries quite soon, the one question remains is...what does Australia get? Oh not it's fine, don't worry about us, i'm quite fine with you guys getting free Pokemon and me only getting a Mosquito who has been in my room for 3 days and stings me all night.
At least we finally have a release date for Black and White versions.

Europe: 03/04/11
USA: 03/06/11
Australia: 03/10/11

...Why?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
Are any events like this held in the UK? If so how can I find out about them? I usually only hear about events after they happen.
As far as I know, only the Mew event has happened in the UK :(

apachejoe1

Dec 8, 2008
shit dude i played red and blue loved it and ive also been waiting for this pikachu sense i saw him beat brocks onix like it was nothing.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
So what? My Pikachu knows Iron Tail, Present, Volt Tackle and Surf! Also it holds a Light Ball.

Beat that!

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
It's not a proper pikachu unless you caught it in viridian forest with a pokeball.
I remember being at a sleepover, with everyone watching and crowding round me as I caught them a pikachu.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I actually got this one...well FIVE of them yesterday. *gets looks* I'm a geek. SUE ME.

Interesting thing is...the Nature that Ash's Pikachu has is Naughty. For those that have watched the anime, this explains MUCH!

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
Are any events like this held in the UK? If so how can I find out about them? I usually only hear about events after they happen.
Well, you could always get the event pokemon yourself. just find the file online and use [link = sendpkm]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211989[/link]sendpkm to send it through your own WiFi connection.

If you don't want to do that, just keep up to date with Bulbapedia News.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Leviathan_ said:
Cowabungaa said:
Perfect plan:

Go dress up as Team Rocket, download the Pikachu and cackle like a mad hound.
Sweet mother of fuck.

Can anyone from the States please do this?

Please. Just do it and post results on Youtube.
I could try, but I have neither the hair nor the shirt with the giant red R on it.

Still, I will try. (maybe I'll go as a Rocket Grunt? They wear all black, so that should be easier to pull off.)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
It's done! I went dressed as a Rocket Grunt, recorded the mess and obtained the Pikachu for Team Rocket! Mu-hahahaha!

However, since my younger brother went all 'HULK SMASH!' on my computer, I can't upload it to YouTube at the moment.