Nintendo to reveal "major port" next month ?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
cathou said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
i think we might get a few other big FTP multiplayer heavy games comming out in 2018 to justify the online service.
"Pay to play Free to Play games!", Hmm, yeah, no, that's not really a good justification now is it? Hard to say at this time, but it would be neat if Free to Play games don't require the paid subscription.
yeah, but that's console multiplayer, even on xbone or on ps4 you need to get the paid subscription to play FTP games like warframe or fortnite...
Although it's up to the individual developer, on PS4 Free to Play games generally don't require PlayStation Plus to play online, the same goes for games that have their own separate subscription service.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
bluegate said:
cathou said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
i think we might get a few other big FTP multiplayer heavy games comming out in 2018 to justify the online service.
"Pay to play Free to Play games!", Hmm, yeah, no, that's not really a good justification now is it? Hard to say at this time, but it would be neat if Free to Play games don't require the paid subscription.
yeah, but that's console multiplayer, even on xbone or on ps4 you need to get the paid subscription to play FTP games like warframe or fortnite...
Although it's up to the individual developer, on PS4 Free to Play games generally don't require PlayStation Plus to play online, the same goes for games that have their own separate subscription service.
Why would i want to play Warframe when i can play Smash Bros Ultimate or Splatoon 2 instead anyway?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Yoshi178 said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
Why would i want to play Warframe when i can play Smash Bros Ultimate or Splatoon 2 instead anyway?
"Why would one want to play iterative games such as Smash Bros Ultimate or Splatoon 2 when one could play Smash Melee/Brawl/WiiU or Splatoon 1?"

Would have been my response were I in a trolly mood.

Why one would want to play Warframe? To try something different? To diversify their gaming portfolio, spread out one's wings a bit?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
bluegate said:
Yoshi178 said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
"Why would one want to play iterative games such as Smash Bros Ultimate or Splatoon 2 when one could play Smash Melee/Brawl/WiiU or Splatoon 1?"

Would have been my response were I in a trolly mood.

Why one would want to play Warframe? To try something different? To diversify their gaming portfolio, spread out one's wings a bit?
i can't play as Ridley in Melee, Brawl or Sm4sh. so Smash Ultimate it is.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yoshi178 said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
bluegate said:
cathou said:
Warframe isn't a 2(.5?)d fighter or a Vs Shooter (There is a very dusty and little played PvP mode that I've never seen or heard anyone play, though the PC might have some activity in it)? IDK.

Performance skepticisms aside, its a decent pikcup for the Switch, and for Warframe itself. That Anthem/Destiny/Shadow WArrior 2 (and to a lesser similarity, Mass Effect and Borderlands) that are all close counterparts are (AFAIK in SW2's case) not on Switch.

Warframe gets at (theoretically) untapped demographic to itself, and Switch gets a co-op shooter/RPG game out of it.

Might not be your bag of tea, but doesn't really warrant interjecting into a thread to postulate that is better.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yoshi178 said:
So the Switch gets a game that came out on PC six years ago, came out on consoles five years ago, and came out in Eternal Collection form one year ago.

Yay...

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
Yoshi178 said:
So the Switch gets a game that came out on PC six years ago, came out on consoles five years ago, and came out in Eternal Collection form one year ago.

Yay...
Play Doom Eternal then if the game you play HAS to be a new 2018 game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yoshi178 said:
Hawki said:
Yoshi178 said:

Yay...
You know something. This game is old as fuck, and not really a killer app to put on the switch like...at all. But. I'm kinda hyped to be able to just play D3 where ever the fuck I want. So I'ma get it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yoshi178 said:
What? Play Doom Eternal?

Oh, talking green dinosaur, you really don't know me that well. :p

Also I'd be surprised if DE even releases this year.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
Yoshi178 said:
What? Play Doom Eternal?

my bad. Doom Eternal has been announced for all platforms, but it does not have a release date yet. probably a 2019 game then.

the main point was who gives a shit if its an old game like Skyrim and Diablo 3 or if it's a new game like Doom Eternal or Octopath traveller?

they are all 3rd Party games and they are all helping the Switch library grow larger and larger. the Switch has barely even been out on the market for a year and a half at this point and its really good to see all the support its been getting.

if the Switch port of Diablo 3 does well we might see Blizzard release new stuff on the system the same way bethesda has done with Doom, Doom 2016 did well when it was ported to Switch, and now they're bringing the sequel Doom eternal to the system as well

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
my bad. Doom Eternal has been announced for all platforms, but it does not have a release date yet. probably a 2019 game then.

the main point was who gives a shit if its an old game like Skyrim and Diablo 3 or if it's a new game like Doom Eternal or Octopath traveller?

they are all 3rd Party games and they are all helping the Switch library grow larger and larger. the Switch has barely even been out on the market for a year and a half at this point and its really good to see all the support its been getting.
Plus there's the glaring fact that even with Diablo III having first launched back in 2013 it's received continued support with getting DLC just last year. And of course there's being able to play it on the go along with having LAN with different systems.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Aiddon said:
Yoshi178 said:

Plus there's the glaring fact that even with Diablo III having first launched back in 2013 it's received continued support with getting DLC just last year. And of course there's being able to play it on the go along with having LAN with different systems.
now Diablo III is coming to Switch there's now alot more chance of games like Overwatch coming to the Switch if Diablo does well i reckon.

heaps of people were asking for Overwatch to come to the system back at the end of last year and the start of this year

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
now Diablo III is coming to Switch there's now alot more chance of games like Overwatch coming to the Switch if Diablo does well i reckon.

heaps of people were asking for Overwatch to come to the system back at the end of last year and the start of this year
Blizzard have already said it's definitely possible, but completely up to the actual team being willing to port it

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Aiddon said:
Yoshi178 said:

Blizzard have already said it's definitely possible, but completely up to the actual team being willing to port it
Just get Panic button to do it.

they've been handling all the major 3rd Party Ports to the Switch like DOOM, Skyrim, Warframe and now Diablo 3 as well

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
In regards to porting Overwatch, there's a key difference between it and D3. D3 is done, in the sense that it isn't going to receive any more (major) content. Overwatch, on the other hand, always will. D3 can be ported and that's the be all and end all, whereas with Overwatch, any port would be getting new content ad infinitum. It was stated in 2017 that a port to the Switch would mean four versions of the game would have to be balanced rather than three.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yoshi178 said:
Hawki said:
Yoshi178 said:
What? Play Doom Eternal?

if the Switch port of Diablo 3 does well we might see Blizzard release new stuff on the system the same way bethesda has done with Doom, Doom 2016 did well when it was ported to Switch, and now they're bringing the sequel Doom eternal to the system as well
I'd put it more down to your presentation. The whole "Boom" thing implies some earth shattering revelation, rather then business as usual continues on. Nothings wrong with business as usual, but its not really a big hype moment. Its like another Uncharted coming out on PS4, its probably good or whatever, but its nothing out of the ordinary.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Yoshi178 said:

well.... in the last 6 years that d3 has been out A LOT of people bought it and played the shit out of it (me included). so it kinda matters if it's old or new.
I don't care about d3 coming out for the switch because I played it so much I'm sick and tired of it. and I'm sure many others share this feeling

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Hawki said:
It was stated in 2017 that a port to the Switch would mean four versions of the game would have to be balanced rather than three.
why would the ps4 and xbox versions differ in the balancing dept? they are essentially the same. unless you meant balancing the technical side?