Nintendo Urges Wii Owners to Please, Please Upgrade

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Make a new Zelda, and make a new 3D Mario. That's what people really want. At current, the only game I might want is Lego City.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Last night I noticed there was some kind of message on my wii, but it was late and I really wasn't interested enough to check what it was. Good to hear it wasn't all that interesting.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Hahahahaha....no.

Sorry, while I bought my Wii merely out of curiosity, I wouldn't do the same thing twice. It's like when someone tells you to spin around in circles for fun and you do it. But then you realize that you're dizzy and you wouldn't do it again, regardless if it was fun or not.

I don't mean to sound like a douche but the games are just too kiddy-friendly and too easy for me. I never saw them as hard games, I saw them as challenging in the sense that I had to deal with the motion controllers. Remove the motion controllers and the games are ridiculously easy (Right, Skyward Sword?).

So no, just no. I feel bad for you, big N, cause you introduced me to videogames. But...sorry, not buying it. Literally.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
How 'bout NO Ninty.

Not that I would have gotten this message. My Wii will stay its box under my bed (I may need a backup gamecube someday). I bought your console last time and sat watched as all the amazing looking 3rd party games went to other consoles and I was stuck with games that used a stick instead of a controller and had graphics from 6 years prior and were mostly designed for children under 12. You haven't shown any signs of changing that so you don't get my money right now. Maybe it'll get better later but I doubt I'd be anymore motivated

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Sorry, this plea came across to me like:

Nintendo: "Why? Why have you sheep forsaken me? I gave you the Wii and you ate it up! Why won't you just buy the damn WiiU already?!"

You can't force fads to work, Nintendo. The Wii was a fad, the WiiU is not.

rodneyy

humm odd
Sep 10, 2008
sounds like they did a servey or something and found out lots of people didnt know about the Wii U. afterall there were more sales for less hardcore gamers with all those dancing and sports stuff. if people dont follow the press and assume its just a new controler or something then they are not going to buy it.

if all targeted media was at gamers then those who do not think of themselfs as such would miss out. it does not mean they dont want to buy it just means they dont know about it yet.

at least that is what nintendo are hopeing.

captcha :- just dance, it knew i was going to talk about those Wii dance games before i did :s

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Nintendo, you were printing money with the Wii. Sad to see you having to resort to this for your new system. Seriously, go and court some 3rd party devs to make games on your new system. If you have to bust out them knee pads than do it!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
*Waves a wad of money at Nintendo*

What's that Nintendo? You want this? You want it? Do you? Then dance! Dance for my pleasure! MUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Well if you give me a free WiiU I'll stop barely using my Wii and instead start barely using my WiiU, games Nintendo where are the fucking games!

You literally have about 10 franchises you don't give a shit about that people would love to play. How about a Star Fox U? Hu? Maybe that will bring people to your dead and dying console.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
I played the WII U version of the new super mario bros, and to be completely honest, I SAW NO DIFFERENCE! They played almost exactly the same control wise and the only new aspect was someone could use the big screen controller to troll us which seemed really tacked on rather than something you should want to use.

Maerx

Sep 15, 2010
I think they've released the console a little too early and with a wrong mindset. They wanted the lighting to strike twice on the same spot with this one. While they did brought the casual market in, they don't seem to understand it and the WiiU it's basically running heard first into a wall.

I thought the WiiU was supposed to win the hardcore crowd but it's repeating the same strategy of the Wii; letting the console out with barely any games, except for ports and games nobody cares about. There's almost no games that justify a WiiU purchase except maybe Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (which isn't a casual friendly game) or NSMBU if you're into playing Super Mario 3 for the 900th time. At least the Wii had Zelta TP, Wii Play and Wario Smooth Moves when it came out.

Nintendo didn't care much for us with the Wii and this shows them that the casual market is unreliable. The Wii has about 1k+ games and only about 80-100 are worth it and that list gets reduced if you don't like certain types of games.

Right back at you Nintendo. And no, I won't buy that unless it has an strong library. I don't want to have another dust-grabbing console.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong but I would imagine that the majority of people who owned a Wii wouldn't be the sort of people who would buy a new console every generation, certainly not as soon as it were released.

I mean everyone's already got Wii Fit, right? What do they need the Wii U for?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Dear Nintendo,

Release some games for it and we'll talk. I mean seriously, I enjoy a lot of 1st Party Nintendo titles so... why didn't you have any ready at launch? I mean this isn't my fault... all you've got are games I already own for other systems... you can do better can't you?

- Me

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
kailus13 said:
Make a new Zelda, and make a new 3D Mario. That's what people really want. At current, the only game I might want is Lego City.
That'll work for Nintendo fans sure, but until some 3rd party titles come out for the WiiU as well as the usual first party games, the WiiU won't sell.

If it caters to just Nintendo fans we'll see Gamecubish sales.

Honestly, this is a repeat in history folks. Remember when Sega made consoles? The Wii U is Nintendo's Saturn. Hot off the results of pissing off/not supporting the 3rd party very well, the new console won't sell. Nintendo is mirroring the road to the Dreamcast here. I think the next console after the WiiU will be Nintendo's best. If it comes too little too late will remain to be seen.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Has it dawned on Nintendo that most Wii's are moldering piles of dust, pushed to the back of the entertainment center and largely forgotten, except to play Netflix? Mom long ago stopped playing Wii Sports Bowling, and the kids have always loathed the thing in favor of Halo and God of War. They haven't updated them for the same reason they haven't upgraded their Ronco Salad Shooters or Mopeds. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but nobody will admit to it and most have forgoten the reasoning.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah, how about no!

To me it sound like they are going to packed up the online feature and focus more on the Wii U. Either way I guess it's high time to packed up my Wii back into its box.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Buy our stuff, sure it doesn't have any games you want, but it might in the future.
For the love of god buy it before we have to price drop it!

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
AdamG3691 said:
JediMB said:
EDIT: I suppose I should eventually get Pandora's Tower and Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. I think those are the big ones I'm still missing.
bad idea, capcom just shut tri's servers down yesterday, taking 2/3 of the game's content with it
I wasn't even aware of that it had a huge online portion.

Well, I'll just cross that off the list, then. Or find a really cheap used copy.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I'll upgrade when... Oh wait no, I didn't even care about the first Wii after they showed what it actually was. Also the Wii costs $600 here so... No.