Country
United States
SuperTrainStationH said:
Strazdas said:
SuperTrainStationH said:
Strazdas said:
SuperTrainStationH said:
Strazdas said:
[As] people in the industry have observed what we have done in the past, if we prematurely disclose our development information, it is possible that products with similar concepts could be launched before Nintendo itself can finalize and launch the products."
read: we are too slow for current market.
And well if you ever needed a proof that stupidty rules the world - 3ds and wii was profitable.
Yes, because people who like and buy different video games and systems than the ones you like must be stupid, right?
No, people buying stupid gimmics must be stupid. I dont go raging about people playing, say, call of duty (to pick a popular example). but i do rage when they are trying to tell me that "wii mote is the only way to play now".
Your opinion that new technologies introduced to games are just "stupid gimmicks" is only your opinion.

The world isn't stupid for disagreeing with you and buying into something they find attractive just because you personally don't like a game or system.
Neither 3D nor motion sensors are new technologies in gaming. They are stupid gimmics that never worked well. Infact 3d has been deemed useless 3 times already, this is the 4th generation.
And yes, yes it is.
3D and motion control were never standard features in dedicated game platforms until Nintendo employed them in their systems. Before Nintendo these existed only in failed niche systems that didn't apply them correctly or didn't have the games to get people interested, or cost hundreds of dollars extra in addition to the system that only a handful of games used.

Additionally, repeatedly stating your opinion that 3D is "stupid and useless" won't magically make it an objective fact, especially in the case of the 3DS where so many people who have used the system will attest to the exact opposite.

Also, try spelling "gimmicks" correctly instead of consistently spelling of wrong before you call other people stupid for daring to like game and systems you think they shouldn't.
The 3D on the 3DS is useless.

- You have to hold it a certain way to see the 3D effect
- It drains the battery which is pretty poor in the first place
- It can cause headaches, especially if you aren't holding it right.

Most people probably turn the 3D for a few seconds here and there. It's not an important feature. Nintendo misread the market, 3D is not highly sought after. Hopefully that extra power can be used to create improved graphics instead of 3D.

Motion controls had their chance and people would still prefer to use a traditional controller.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
masticina said:
Nintendo trying to go hardcore *snerk*

What leaving your old fans in dust baiting them and giving them one mario or a remake of a Zelda game once a year wasn't enough?

You walked with the "casual" you loved the soccer moms money. You didn't care at all about software quality and gave us Ninja Bread Man and allot of themed mini games compilations.

And now you want the old fans back?

You made your bed now you sleep in it!
We get one, maybe 2 Zelda games per console, stop lying. Mario Party, COD, and Madden are the only games I can think of that seem to come out on a yearly basis.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
80Maxwell08 said:
Worgen said:
Well if the WiiU fails then the last real console will be dead, since its rather likely that both the next 360 and ps3 will have all sorts of weird controls in them, either to kill the used market or to mostly be digital.
Honestly if Microsoft or Sony are actually arrogant to try locking out used games in their next console I'll immediately move to the WiiU. I'm not going to buy from a company who is trying to take away my right to actually own anything.
We of the PC gaming master race are very welcoming.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Worgen said:
Well if the WiiU fails then the last real console will be dead, since its rather likely that both the next 360 and ps3 will have all sorts of weird controls in them, either to kill the used market or to mostly be digital.
Honestly if Microsoft or Sony are actually arrogant to try locking out used games in their next console I'll immediately move to the WiiU. I'm not going to buy from a company who is trying to take away my right to actually own anything.
We of the PC gaming master race are very welcoming.
Well I already own a $1800 PC that I got for graduation so I understand that.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
SuperTrainStationH said:
Strazdas said:
3D and motion control were never standard features in dedicated game platforms until Nintendo employed them in their systems. Before Nintendo these existed only in failed niche systems that didn't apply them correctly or didn't have the games to get people interested, or cost hundreds of dollars extra in addition to the system that only a handful of games used.

Additionally, repeatedly stating your opinion that 3D is "stupid and useless" won't magically make it an objective fact, especially in the case of the 3DS where so many people who have used the system will attest to the exact opposite.

Also, try spelling "gimmicks" correctly instead of consistently spelling it wrong before you call other people stupid for daring to like games and systems you think they shouldn't.
They were featured in many systems. Gaming is a new business to begin with, they were used many times in, say, movie industry. point is, it never worked, and it still doesnt work. I dont need to magically make something a fact when it already is. In the casse of 3DS msot users attest that the 3D function on it is hardly useful at all.
It seems you have ran out of arguments if your picking on grammar now. Not everyone is born into an english speaking country you know.

80Maxwell08 said:
Well I already own a $1800 PC that I got for graduation so I understand that.
Who was so stupid to waste 1800 on a PC. I mean, you can get almost top-shop for 1000 nowadays.

SuperTrainStationH

Oct 4, 2010
Strazdas said:
SuperTrainStationH said:
Strazdas said:

Also, try spelling "gimmicks" correctly instead of consistently spelling it wrong before you call other people stupid for daring to like games and systems you think they shouldn't.
They were featured in many systems. Gaming is a new business to begin with, they were used many times in, say, movie industry. point is, it never worked, and it still doesnt work. I dont need to magically make something a fact when it already is. In the casse of 3DS msot users attest that the 3D function on it is hardly useful at all.
It seems you have ran out of arguments if your picking on grammar now. Not everyone is born into an english speaking country you know.

I'm not going to "debate" your position in which you seem to treat certain negative observations and opinions of the 3DS as factual and positive observations and opinions about 3DS as "just opinions".

There's no point in us going:

YOU: 3d sucks!
ME: no it doesn't!

endlessly.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Then they will have to start with an even more impossible feat: Getting third party game developers on board.

Developers who don't make shovelware.

Sleekit said:
Microsoft is an "also ran".

you might not agree but it could very well be out of the game come the end of the next console generation.

the fact it supposedly sold almost as many consoles as the PS3 matters very little when every single one of them has been sold at a loss...
It evens out more between the two when you realize that Sony loses a LOT more money per PS3 than Microsoft ever did. To the point where they went back on their word for cell-processing and the Linux platform.

To illustrate that fear:
The US Air Force used PS3s as a cost-effective cell-supercomputer, and Sony was terrified at the success of it because they took a loss on each one of those PS3.

Each PS3 that could NEVER make the money back in licensing fees and game sales.