Nintendogs Blamed for Enticing Real Dog to Attack Child

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
While its sad that this girl got attacked for actually not doing anything, I feel more sad that they actually ended the dog's life over it .

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Digi7 said:
Yeah. I hate dogs, they can all go die, and this story has just reaffirmed that hate.

It wasn't the games fault though, of course. It's just stupid barbaric dog nature. She could have been watching a tv show about dogs. The only reason it went for her is because it was on her lap where the bark came from.
Bu-...wha-...pardon me?
I've owned two fairly big dogs, and my nephews and nieces (All when toddlers) have rolled all over them, pulled their hair in their innocent ignorance, and grabbed their tails and they dogs didn't even remotely twitch in a way that was aggressive. 'Stupid Dog Nature'? I get attacked more by cats then by dogs!

I mean, I totally get if people prefer a certain pet over others. I'm a dog guy, my sister-in-law is a cat person, and a friend of mine is a snake person. But to hate the another pet to the point of wanting them all dead? Seems...illogically silly.

More on topic: It's a shame what happened to the girl. But blaming the game is ridiculous. IF someone mistreats a dog, and it get's loose and attacks a kid going by it's house, do we blame the kid for being in it's territory? No, we blame the owner for mishandling the life of another creature and conditioning it to be aggressive.

We obviously don't have all the facts in this situation, but every dog owned by everyone I know personally would never do anything like this. And they are all lovingly cared for and properly trained. Seems like if you took away one or both of those factors, you'd end up with this situation.
Education people!

Naleh

May 25, 2010
It could just as easily have been a dog barking on a midday soap opera, or in an advertisement, or who knows what. It's pretty tragic, but you can't rationally blame the video game.

Also, yeah, a properly treated dog would never react like this.

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn't been playing it I don't think the dog would have gone for her

*facepalm*

yeah well there was this little boy left in a house with a wild jaguar, and he was playing Zoo Tycoon and a jaguar roared on the game and then the jaguar ate him, i blame the game

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I and my brothers have played Nintendogs around my nan's dogs (all 4 dalmatians) and they were fine with it. I doubt it was the games fault and more likely the dog that just went a little bit ape s**t. Still, this is kinda weird. I feel sorry for the girl.

Curtisthekiller

Nov 26, 2008
so wait... you have a real dog to play with...and your playing nintendogs?
we arn't vampires people- go outside and play with your dogs!

additionaly: dogs can have many diffrent reactions to stimuli especially when deprived of early experiences with various things-bla bla bla. dog must have thought she was another dog or something bla bla in his turf bla.
i mean lets face it sharks attack people because they think were fish, dogs can't make that mistake every now and then when a device that replicates another dog is brought into the mix?
Also: Digi7- unless you were brought up next to a litter of agressive pants eating doberman death squads from down the lane, we dont wanna hear about your irrational hatred for dogs.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Crypticonic said:
Why is the dog called 'Saracen'? :/
Because "Mr Widdle Fluffikins" isn't a name you'd associate with a Bull Mastiff.

Dogs do react to barking sounds, whether they're from dogs outside, on TV/radio etc. But, as has already been said, you shouldn't leave a young child alone with a a big dog.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Yep, and play Modern Warfare and terrorists will come into your house and shoot you. I'm not trying to play down this incident, its tragic, but now a videogame has indirectly hurt a young girl, this will be ammo against gaming
I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn?t been playing it I don?t think the dog would have gone for her
Although, considering its the Daily Mail, im surprised they didnt try to blame it on foreigners, the racist scum
No one from Nintendo was available for comment.
and why would they be? its not like sort of thing is a hazard nintendo could have prepared for. maybe replace the actual barking with subtitles? woof woof bark-ing mad is what this is, just a load of bull
Obviously the only reason the girl survived was because the ghost of Princess Diana came in to save the day by exorcising the dog of the immigrant spirits that were possessing it, which also saved many British jobs in the process no thanks to the Government!

This is probably another bullshit story by the Daily Mail. I don't see anything about this on the BBC, although they are probably busy reporting on real news stories rather than making stuff up. Kind of like the story about that woman who was 'addicted to gaming' and left her kids to starve and a dead dog on the floor for months. Which was reported here a few days/weeks ago.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
It's the bloody owners fault! Why do they have a dog the allegedly reacts so violently the sound of a dog barking? And why are they putting such a dog in the same house as a 9 year old??

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
It could be the little girl's fault too, if you bait a dog, it will attack, so if she kicked it, then she is to blame too

joemegson94

Aug 17, 2010
How is it the fault of the game? It's not like Nintendo could have prepared for this happening. I blame the owners for letting a big fuck-off dog like that be around a little girl. ALso they should have trained it better, or gotten a smaller bloody dog if they couldn't be bothered. Now the girl's been injured, the dog's dead and her DS was probably dmaged when she was dragged off the couch.

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
I'm going to be brief: that dog was probably very poorly raised, and had a very interesting name. I agree with that the fact that the grandmother isn't taking responsibility, which is all kinds of bull.
Still. Dogsowners: RAISE YOUR WALKING CARPETS!

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Padwolf said:
It could be the little girl's fault too, if you bait a dog, it will attack, so if she kicked it, then she is to blame too
first post welcome!
IF she kicked it. it would be easy to blame a child for what happened to avoid any blame, and the game does seem more likely. then again, they did put it down, so maybe im wrong. and at that age, kids still dont assume pets feel pain, so its possible.

Mukil said:
I just tried this with my dog. She started to ferociously lick me.
ill call my lawyer and have nintendo shut down

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I'm going to call bullshit.

Dogs don't flip out like that unless they are abused or otherwise put into "defense" mode by persistant pyschological or physical trauma.