No Dubstep in gaming

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Well guess what? Many people like dubstep so thats why it's being used. They can't make music that absolutely every ************ who plays the game is going to enjoy, so they pick the music that both fits the tone of the game and are enjoyable for most people. Why should you get special treatment?

Personally i find metal and harder rock grating and irritating to listen to, but i still don't ***** when they turn up in games because i know many people like that kind of stuff.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Mau95 said:
darksakul said:
If I get a game with dubstep as part o9f the sound track or even a sound effect, I think I going to smash the disk apart.
That would not include Hard drives, I till restrict that to uninstalling and deletion, followed up by a deep scan to remove any remains then a defrag.

I hate dubstep as much (if not more so) as I hate, The Jersy Shore, the Kardashians (Sham wedding that cost more than the Royal Weding), Sopa/Pippa, Justin Bibber (curse you
Red Button
,EA Games and Steve Jobs (no mention of Dennis Ritchie in the media).

I am a Heavy opinionated, white Republican in my early 30s, I need to listen to Dubstep as much as we need another national disaster on the scale of the Katrina Huricane that wiped New Orleans, the Quake in Hati, or the Tusunami in Japan and so on. In other words None of it.
You hate Pippa?
http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pippa%20middleton&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFIQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPippa_Middleton&ei=JFUlT_LXEMSO8gOh2OHYBw&usg=AFQjCNG0HkiId9AclRvkhWkGgRuu5c-wPw&sig2=mmyi1_W3JfSNUtccyFufpQ&cad=rja
No not Pippa Middelton, I did not mean the sister to Princess Kate. I meant the Senate version of the SOPA bill.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
Mau95 said:
Eventidal said:
shurikenshado4 said:
I hate dubstep. Probably more than you do. It's terrible. It sounds like someone blew up some speakers by cranking the bass too high and liked the sound it made after it blew, and it caught on and made dubstep. I hate that I keep running into it everywhere.

BUT.
It should not stay out of games. NOTHING should stay out of something just because someone doesn't want it to be there. Should there be no sex in games because lots of people are rather against it and there has yet to be any legitimately GOOD narrative reason for it to be there other than to be the reward for choosing the right conversation options with your squadmate? Absolutely not.
I mean, people keep telling the furries to get off youtube. I have yet to see a legitimate reason to have furries on youtube (as in, there's no furry Egoraptor or Equals Three on the site. There's some good, entertaining material on youtube and furries haven't contributed much to that (well, there's Nyancat I guess... +1.)) but I still get pissed when people act like it's THEIR rightful, sacred sanctum of non-furriness. Like, serious high-HORSE issues there.
One reason is that while huma sex is not allowed on Youtube, there are a lot of animal mating videos on it, and people blame the furries.
Dubstep suckt vo dood, stop et i jen ol.
Whoa. That's not furry. That's zoophile territory, there. Of those furries that do watch/draw sexual stuff, most of them think pretty lowly of zoophiles. Even more just don't touch the stuff, even if they're more accepting.
We do have strange views on sexual stuff... so it's perfectly OK for little Billy to watch monkeys going at it, but watching humans mate is a huge no-no? I feel like we're sending the wrong message...

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
I'll refer to MovieBob's Big picture video where he talks about the gaming's audience shifting from exclusively nerds, to nerds and their "antagonists" aka douchebags (paraphrasing here folks). Publishers know that, and capitalize on it. I'm a fan of Asscreed, but I dislike dubstep, hence I wasn't too happy when they combined the two.
Then again, not everything is for everyone, so suck it up and keep walking.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Tayh said:
Sorry, had to be linked.

Haven't seen any dubstep in any games so far, except for SR3. Was nice.
I think its important to state that the OP had just had their arguement voided by this video...

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
I don't care if it's made by a dubstep band or not (Skrillex), call Syndicates new theme-music bad and I will rip your throat out.

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
I didn't care for dubstep until I heard a select few songs. *puts on hipster cap* Most mainstream dupstep is pretty awful. I was ready to just avoid dubstep in general until I came across a few artists who use the reverb IN the song instead of AS the song. It also helped that I noticed an older song that I liked was in fact dubstep.

I don't care for most rock music, and less for most extreme metal, but they still show up in games and I'm ok with that. You should be too.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's the new trendy shiz, ergo it will end up on every soulless marketing material list and consequently everyone will try to stuff it into their product for an extra buck.

All I can say is learn to ignore things, it is a most valuable lesson in life, especially if you intend to get married at any point in time.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Seems like bad news bears for you that fighting games are the most suited to having dubstep music; especially flashy games like Tekken.

To be honest OP, you're just being selfish.

Obviously it would make no sense to put it in a game like Uncharted because the atmosphere would be all wrong, but I can totally see myself laying a beatdown to this...

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
the only dubstep I've ever heard actually in game was in the saints row 3 soundtrack and it was fun though their use of holding out for a hero was more spectacular and noteable than a dubstep/dance radio station.

DyranLK

Jan 28, 2012
Well, there's really nothing you could do about it. Unless you represent a majority of the population of gamers or something, what the developers choose to put in their games is ultimately up to them.

The

Jan 24, 2012
Why IS it called dubstep anyways? And yeah, if the tone of the game fits with it, then I wouldn't mind.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Oh, and...

<youtube=ptUXTca_zhg>

...i remember some commentaries regarding the soundtrack.
"Modern music just died, it was replaced with the sounds of power drill and lawnmower, omg, omg we're all gonna die !"

It seems that music is doing alright, apocalypse didn't happen.

Let's all just forget about this trollish thread and kill some xeno scum. :)

Dec 14, 2009
When it's done right, dubstep is brilliant.

But then again, this site is predominately populated by 'metal heads' who think shouting into a microphone and thrashing on a guitar for 8 minutes straight is the pinnacle of musical achievement.

It isn't. Sturgeon's Revelation also applies to music.

I prefer a bit of D&B with a bit of a classical touch...

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of hip hop or gangster rap, but I LOVED it in the Saints Row games. Neither am I that into the gothic/industrial metal but I couldn't imagine Vampire Bloodlines: The Masquerade without it.

If it really adds to a game's atmosphere and/or it really fits the genre then I couldn't care less what kind of music it has.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Dubstep makes good background music. Alone however... it's kind of boring... not bad, mind... just lacking in substance.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Eventidal said:
Mau95 said:
Eventidal said:
shurikenshado4 said:
I hate dubstep. Probably more than you do. It's terrible. It sounds like someone blew up some speakers by cranking the bass too high and liked the sound it made after it blew, and it caught on and made dubstep. I hate that I keep running into it everywhere.

BUT.
It should not stay out of games. NOTHING should stay out of something just because someone doesn't want it to be there. Should there be no sex in games because lots of people are rather against it and there has yet to be any legitimately GOOD narrative reason for it to be there other than to be the reward for choosing the right conversation options with your squadmate? Absolutely not.
I mean, people keep telling the furries to get off youtube. I have yet to see a legitimate reason to have furries on youtube (as in, there's no furry Egoraptor or Equals Three on the site. There's some good, entertaining material on youtube and furries haven't contributed much to that (well, there's Nyancat I guess... +1.)) but I still get pissed when people act like it's THEIR rightful, sacred sanctum of non-furriness. Like, serious high-HORSE issues there.
One reason is that while human sex is not allowed on Youtube, there are a lot of animal mating videos on it, and people blame the furries.
Dubstep suckt vo dood, stop et i jen ol.
Whoa. That's not furry. That's zoophile territory, there. Of those furries that do watch/draw sexual stuff, most of them think pretty lowly of zoophiles. Even more just don't touch the stuff, even if they're more accepting.
We do have strange views on sexual stuff... so it's perfectly OK for little Billy to watch monkeys going at it, but watching humans mate is a huge no-no? I feel like we're sending the wrong message...
I know, but people blame furries anyway. It's easier than differentiating.