No G.I. Joe For Movie Critics

Diablini

May 24, 2009
annoyinglizardvoice said:
Diablini said:
The very concept of a G.I. Joe Movie is horrific.
Agreed, but I'll still probably see it 'cause there hasn't been much in the way of films out recently.
Every movie's worth watching, the kind of entertainment is what I judge it for. If I laugh at the poor things in a movie than I qualify it as crap. A movie I enjoy as it is intended to be enjoyed is the good one.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
When I saw a preview for this in the theaters, just about everyone in the theater was very excited. I wasn't.

Now, I'm more secure than ever with my prediction that the movie will be worse than Transformers.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
This has the same director as one of my all time biggest disappointments, Van Helsing.
When I saw the trailer at Star Trek and those suits came up, I lost hope. That's not GI Joe. That's an excuse to do dumb shit.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
I had high hopes for it, then I saw the stupid suits and super human abilities. Its not GI Joe, its nano suit man.

If knowing is half the battle, then I'm happy with just half.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
I think that if someone goes into this film expecting something more profound than say, a movie based on toys and a shitty cartoon, is expecting far too much.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Meh. I don't listen to critics anyway. Also:

GEEE AYE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
We know it's crap.
They know it's crap.
Critics know it's crap.

Move along, there is nothing to see here folks.

Except for the immensce levels of stupidity among publishers of this movie.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
cobra_ky said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:
Doesn't this movie have Damon Wayans? For that fact alone, anybody who thought this movie was going to be good deserves a slap in the face. Damon Wayans: Failure.
it's marlon, not damon. i'm not sure if that's higher or lower on the Wayans scale of bad acting.
Requiem For A dream. I'm just saying.

Anyways, this movie is going to be crap from the moment I saw a foreign monument of great cultural significance eaten away by crappy CGI (i.e. L'Eiffel Tower), only to to see it destroyed again in a another trailer right after this one! I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought; where was I? Oh, yes!

To Hollywood: Stop destroying the Eiffel Tower before everybody realizes you're just suffering from rampant penis envy!

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I read a review about it from IGN and they said it was a decent movie, course I don' know how biased they were-if at all.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Deleric said:
Meh. I don't listen to critics anyway. Also:

GEEE AYE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thank you, sir. I'm glad to see someone has a mind of their own.

If you really need a critic to tell you if a film based on a franchise you may like is going to be potentially bad, then you're a complete tool.

The bottom line is that if you're a fan of G.I.Joe and are able to use your own COMMON SENSE as well as rate a movie based on its own merits, then you're going to like this film.

If people could pull their heads out of their self-righteous asses once in a while, they'd be able to see that films like Dragonball Evolution, Super Mario Bros, and Double Dragon were actually well-made AND well-written.

Movie critics are the only people I despise more than Game "reviewers." Every review of everything ever is one's subjective opinion lightly touched with a tad of actual "facts" and are therefore just that "professional's" excuse to yammer on for three to five paragraphs so they can get paid, leaving roughly 5% of the total review being actually worth a damn.

Just like past movies based on once-popular IPs, I'm going to go see this movie as a fan of the 80s cartoon and will base my opinions on the film's own entertainment values (or lack thereof it the case comes up).

Sometimes a filmmaker's modern interpretation can be a good thing. If's no different than the thousands of parody and tribute Flash Animations found on Newgrounds that garner such fanboy-ish praise, multi-million dollar budgets and famous actors not withstanding.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Ahh, genuine proof that it should have been based on Action Force, not G.I. Joe. This way, you can focus on a global audience, not just "parts of America".

I'm still gonna go see it. It looks fun.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Ok, keeping it away from Critics actually would not worry me, but marketing to the ignorant does. Yes, mid-america is a place I hate and thats because thats where ignorant religious people thrive and breed. If you are from there though, and reading this, you probably can probably ignore my hate and sorry you're stuck there.
Atleast Inglorious Bastards will be good.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
between them screwing up Transformers and GI Joe, i will say it's harder to screw up GI Joe, since they just need an elite team of soldiers with cool equipment and they fight Cobra.
That, and one would have to work very hard to screw up Snake Eyes, who is and has always been the coolest of the team. Even though I'm certain this film isn't going to be that great, it does have Snake Eyes. How bad can it be?

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
There's a pretty good sign what to expect in the movie when they make a game that plays like this:

Can I say, "hackneyed reinterpretation of IP designed to deliver money for minimal effort involved?"

I might just watch it anyway for nostalgia purposes.