No Right Answer: Best Action Hero Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Action Hero Ever

I hope you saved room for our fists, as we ram then into your mouths, down into your stomachs and break your spines! Its action hero time, so buckle up and let's debate who blows up everything the best!

Watch Video

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
ravenshrike said:
The lack of Bruce Willis displeases me immensely.
Seconded.

Actually...I was afraid this debate would have decended into an all out clusterfuck like the Worst Video Game Movie debate was. We could have ended up getting the entire cast of Expendables debated about.

CAPTCHA: yeah right

Don't sass me, Captcha! You know as well as I do it could have happened!

Jan 12, 2012
I submit this for consideration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

I'm not sure which argument it helps.

For my money, it's Jackie Chan all the way. Sure, he does 'family movies', but he breaks bones making them, and I don't think I've seen a single film of his where he doesn't beat up at least 5 people with furniture and household objects. Plus, he makes actual jokes, as opposed to Schwarzenegger and Statham, neither of whom seem to actually get the idea of 'humour'.

On a side note, congratulations on getting married, Kyle. You have one week for the honeymoon, and we expect you back here next Thursday.

Chris Mosher

Nov 28, 2011
Paul Kersey would pull the Terminator over his lap and give that droid a spanking.

Frank Martin tells Dirty Harry "I gots ta know" as Harry pulls that trigger.

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011

How can you argue with Conan? Arnold is practically the creator of action movies!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
WE all know Bruce Willis is better action hero there is but I will settle for Arnold for now.

thanatopsis112

May 20, 2010
I'm sorry but Bruce Willis is the best action hero because we dont think about any of his other quality movies like 12 monkeys or tv shows like moonlighting and only think about his action films, that is the sign of a great action star.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
It's Jackie Chan Obviously
Now there's a good debate: Best Martial Arts Guy Ever! (And after seeing Drunken Master 2 i'd have to agree with Jackie Chan)

Great episode guys, I could listen to Arnie impressions all day!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Out of those two... I always feel like Arnie's meant to be a joke, even his famous lines aren't famous because they're badass, they're famous because they're stupid and funny and people laugh just repeating them. But I guess he has some core of actual decent action acting in some of the scenes of predator... so it's hard.

I think the problem is Jason Statham hasn't been sold to me, he's a good action actor and he does an excellent job at what he does, but he's not really worth talking about because he's so intense in his roles. In that way, maybe he's not so much a star.

So out of those two, Schwarzie wins I guess because more people think of him, but he's still pretty lame in genuine action roles. I don't know who should have gone against him and win though, maybe Bruce Willis, but I've never really bought into him, maybe Jackie Chan (whose a complete legend) but I feel martial arts is a different category almost

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
So, that bookshelf:

300, The Terminator, a Tinkerbell DS game, and The Matrix.

One of these things is not like the others...

Pedro_chileno

May 16, 2011
The problem is time, the to stile of actions movies has change, so their movies are to ?different?.
I like the old action movies more, so Arnold

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
fi6eka" post="6.390035.15664804 said:
There is only one true God of corny action movies and thats Reb"the BAMF"Brown!!!
I knew I recognized that guy.
Still I would go with Bruce Willis. He looks like how a guy would look by the end of an action movie. Plus, as said above, Die Hard is a great Christmas movie. See action and family.

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
WHY?! WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME CHOOOOOOSE?!!!! I want all the butts kicked by everyone!

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
On Arnold's accent: My favorite story (I don't even care if it's true or not) is that they wouldn't let him dub his own Terminator lines into German because German audiences would never accept the killer robot from the future sounding like some hick Austrian farmer.

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
Jason Statham stars as Jason Statham in Jason Statham the Movie starring Jason Statham.

BORING!

Seriously, every film where he's the "big name" is exactly the damn same.

At least Arnie likes to mix it up a bit.