No Right Answer: Best Action Hero Ever

jecht35

Jul 2, 2011
Callate said:
So, that bookshelf:

300, The Terminator, a Tinkerbell DS game, and The Matrix.

One of these things is not like the others...
Glad I am not the only one that noticed, is it sad I have that game to. I swear it's for me niece who plays my DS

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
ciancon said:
DVS BSTrD said:
It's Jackie Chan Obviously
Now there's a good debate: Best Martial Arts Guy Ever! (And after seeing Drunken Master 2 i'd have to agree with Jackie Chan)!
Don't in that category he has against the all mighty Bruce Lee, he one of the only two man on the internet to have won a showdown that involved Chuck Norris (the other been Mr. Roger).

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I only caught a quick glimpse of the picture's before actually loading up the video. I thought it was Arnie and Willis. But to my displeasure it was Statham, all I can say is that I am not amused. How could you pick Statham over Willis? Hell at least pick Jet Li or even Jackie Chan! Or even Chuck Norris just so you can make cheesy jokes.

I don't like either but Arnie is the clear victor here. Arnie made you laugh (regardless of if it was at him or with him) Whereas Statham put me to sleep, he's just a boring character

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Chris should have been disqualified for trying to force the Spit Take Vis a Vie Anhuld voice. that is equivalent to unsportsmanlike conduct.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Arny is lovely and all but once you see Crank you see what every single action character has done wrong. He is dying because he spared somebodys life. He does not make that mistake again. Jason Statham is perfectly terrifying. People say that he's not acting but if you go back and watch Lock Stock then you see he can be a normal guy too, he is just really really good at being a badass.

Personally I feel Arny fits a niche in certain films but that's just because he's bulky and ridiculous. But other than Terminator and Conan you could effectively recast Statham in all his roles and you could never do that the other way around.
Red Oni said:
Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie ever

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
iniudan said:
ciancon said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Now there's a good debate: Best Martial Arts Guy Ever! (And after seeing Drunken Master 2 i'd have to agree with Jackie Chan)!
Don't in that category he has against the all mighty Bruce Lee, he one of the only two man on the internet to have won a showdown that involved Chuck Norris (the other been Mr. Roger).
Although Bruce Lee may have started the Martial Arts revolution I really think that Jackie perfected it. He's the master of improvisation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JYNznbL0Q

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
See, I was just going to say "Jackie Chan. You all know why." But apparently people don't know why.

So, let me put it to you this way: how many of these "action stars" have broken bones doing their own stunts? And, after breaking bones doing their own stunts, how many of them have continued filming while hiding that they're wearing a cast (by, for instance, painting it to look like a shoe)?

Oh, that's right, just Jackie Chan.

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
In full agreement with Chris. Arnold has a whole career full of great one-liners for his action moments that just make him more badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw&feature=related

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
ravenshrike said:
The lack of Bruce Willis displeases me immensely.
the lack of Bruce Willis invalidates the argument actually .....

Red Oni said:
Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie ever
this is a wise poster, we should heed they're words

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
A better debate would have been between Ahnold and Bruce Willis.
I still vote Ahnold because I love his movies, but Bruce Willis movies are really badass as well.
I think Jackie Chan wins this hands down just because of all the many bones he has broken doing his own stunts.

Studsmack

Sep 28, 2012
I love Statham as an action hero, but he's still relatively new-ish. His repertoire isn't nearly as comprehensive to be compared with Arnold. In this debate I would go with Arnold, without hesitation.

But like others have said, Willis would have been a much better contender in a round against Arnold. Now that would be hard for me to decide... but if you compare them movie-wise, I think Arnold would have a slight advantage. My debate would center more on action hero with range, which is Statham's problem, because he's The Transporter in every movie he's in.

Last Action Hero, Kindergarten Cop, Terminator 2, True Lies, Jingle All the Way... I can watch those bad boys on a loop. Then again, Bruce Willis in Die Hard, Last Man Standing, The Fifth Element, Pulp Fiction... that is a tough call.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
ciancon said:
iniudan said:
ciancon said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Although Bruce Lee may have started the Martial Arts revolution I really think that Jackie perfected it. He's the master of improvisation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JYNznbL0Q
If we are specific on improvisation, I will agree with you.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
SInce you guys haven't addressed it yet, I have to ask:
Why do you keep that Tinkerbell game in the shelf behind you?

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
I'm going to have to say Bruce Willis on this one.
Not only is he top tier action star, he can actually act on top of it.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
RTR said:
SInce you guys haven't addressed it yet, I have to ask:
Why do you keep that Tinkerbell game in the shelf behind you?
Honestly it's there sometimes, but not all the time, because we always get comments on it. It's just hilarious how many people see it and say that they own it, or that they want to play it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
In all fairness; Jackie Chan.

But, come ON! Chris had this in the BAG the moment he vocalized that superb Arnold accent!!
Double spittake is kinda silly, imho :(