No Right Answer: Best Action Hero Ever

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Bruce Willis for sure
Because Die Hard
And also he still does movies I kinda like (Surrogates and Looper- if you haven't seen Looper yet, go and check it out it is good)

Second would be Jackie Chan, but he usually plays Jackie Chan.
(only movie I really liked was "The Myth"- it is at least different)

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
PlasmaCow said:
Jason Statham stars as Jason Statham in Jason Statham the Movie starring Jason Statham.

BORING!

Seriously, every film where he's the "big name" is exactly the damn same.
False. Just wrong. Crank =/= The Italian Job. Transporter =/= The Bank Job. Safe=/= War. Death Race=/=Revolver. Very different movies. Its cool if you don't like him. But saying his films are the same is just plain wrong.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
ravenshrike said:
The lack of Bruce Willis displeases me immensely.
the lack of Bruce Willis invalidates the argument actually .....

Red Oni said:
Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie ever
this is a wise poster, we should heed they're words
All of the above are correct!

All hail Bruce!

Captcha: belt up..... why you cheeky monkey!

GreenTeaGal

Apr 19, 2011
AH-Nuld all the way. He is/was THE quintessential action star from the 80's to mid 90's. You may say he's too old school now, or not refined enough in many of his roles. But he epitomized unpretentious badassery back then and his movies paved the way for actors like Jason Statham to even be as popular as they are. There was a purity to Arnold's action films that I think isn't present in Statham films. If Arnold was in a movie bullets and fists were gonna fly and people were gonna die and that was that. He did what he needed to do without the 'I'm too cool for the room, I don't care, nothing phases me, pop my collar' style that Statham usually relies on. Frankly there are other actors that do that. But no one quite did what Arnold did and hopefully will continue to do.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
ImSkeletor said:
PlasmaCow said:
Jason Statham stars as Jason Statham in Jason Statham the Movie starring Jason Statham.

BORING!

False. Just wrong. Crank =/= The Italian Job. Transporter =/= The Bank Job. Safe=/= War. Death Race=/=Revolver. Very different movies. Its cool if you don't like him. But saying his films are the same is just plain wrong.
All those movies =/= good

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
ImSkeletor said:
PlasmaCow said:

BORING!

Okay, so the films might not be exactly the same, but he's always the same character, Jason Fisti-cuffs Statham.

He's not an actor, he's on a meal ticket, doing for the money and nothing else. He specifically stated in an interview I saw that he has no interest in refining his craft or doing anything with more meaning or story behind it than "shoot all the things/kill all the things".

Now I don't specifically think he's a bad person or anything, I just think he mostly works on nothing but lowest-common-denominator action movie trash.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
PlasmaCow said:
ImSkeletor said:
PlasmaCow said:

BORING!

Okay, so the films might not be exactly the same, but he's always the same character, Jason Fisti-cuffs Statham.

He's not an actor, he's on a meal ticket, doing for the money and nothing else. He specifically stated in an interview I saw that he has no interest in refining his craft or doing anything with more meaning or story behind it than "shoot all the things/kill all the things".

Now I don't specifically think he's a bad person or anything, I just think he mostly works on nothing but lowest-common-denominator action movie trash.
I wouldn't call them lowest common denominator nor trash. People are free to enjoy what they enjoy. Im cool with people who like Battleship and the Transformers sequels, I hate those films but eh its just entertainment. And I feel like Stathams films are much smarter than those. Their simple but not stupid. (generally)

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
ImSkeletor said:
PlasmaCow said:
ImSkeletor said:
PlasmaCow said:

BORING!

I wouldn't call them lowest common denominator nor trash. People are free to enjoy what they enjoy. Im cool with people who like Battleship and the Transformers sequels, I hate those films but eh its just entertainment. And I feel like Stathams films are much smarter than those. Their simple but not stupid. (generally)
I agree people are free to enjoy whatever they want and have no dispute with that and do enjoy the occasional meaningless action film myself.
But really? A film like Crank(1 or 2) or Deathrace noticeably better than Transformers? I'd say they're on a pretty even playing field (a wide one perhaps, but I guess that's as much personal viewpoints).

Wesley Brannock

Sep 7, 2010
Bruce Willis is the best action star why because he has the BEST one-liners , the BEST action scenes oh yeah and he's funny with or without a script so seeing him in a comedy movie is still as fitting as an action movie.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
I wanted to say Liam Neeson because he would find both of them and kill them but realized he's not really an action star. Just a really great actor.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
blackrave said:
Bruce Willis for sure
Because Die Hard
And also he still does movies I kinda like (Surrogates and Looper- if you haven't seen Looper yet, go and check it out it is good)

Second would be Jackie Chan, but he usually plays Jackie Chan.
(only movie I really liked was "The Myth"- it is at least different)
Red?

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Arnold Shwarzenegger! Are you kidding? You forgot so many of his films! Eraser! The Sixth Day! He is the granddaddy of all action stars. They wish they had the action cred that Shwarzenegger has.

And oh my god, when talking about the election, how could you never say "I'M GOING TO GOVERNATE YOU!"

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
It's Jackie Chan Obviously
Seconded, this was my first thought.
You know he is the greatest action star ever because his entire culture got type cast. Anyone hears the words "asian actor" and they think Jackie Chan before anything else.

Why?

Because he is Jackie Chan.

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
Before this episode even started, I was thinking "Arnold Schwarzenegger" immediately.

He embodies the 80s action hero, he was kicking ass before Jason Statham had gotten laid.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I'd say look at the length of their respective careers, don't get me wrong, I love Statham's films but Arnold Schwarzenegger has done it all. Look at Hercules in New York, it's a ridiculous film but Arnold fights a bear in it, a bear. We'll collectively forget about a lot of Staham films, but look at Arnold's classics, Commando, Raw Deal, True Lies, Predator, I don't think they'll be forgotten so easily. Arnold made 80's Action films cool, he's the action hero, the Last Action Hero...
*coughs*

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Bruce Campbell is the obvious winner, hail to the king, baby.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
In this fight I've gotta go with Statham, if only because Arnold doesn't really do anything. His entire acting career is: flex, punch thing, get hit by thing, sound ridiculous, repeat. If/when you get bored of 'huge Austrian guy does not fit in this scenario' he's got nothing left to offer you.

Statham can tell a joke, he's a joy to watch in a fight, his accent is fantastic, he has a real sense of humor and he can actually be sexy. Also, seriously: Crank. Crank may be the same movie as Transporter, but so much weirder and funnier.

Overall though, we know who the real winner should be: