No Right Answer: Best Candy Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Candy Ever

Happy Halloween, and yes, there are tons of non-US candy that we didn't mention. Send us some?

Watch Video

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
My vote for Best Candy: Recess Pieces. Indeed, the Peanut Butter Cups are better, however as mentioned in the video they have a tendency to get all melt and sometimes the cup-wrapper gets stuck and starts peeling off chocolate along the side of the cup...they can just be a bit too messy. Recess Pieces, on the other hand, keep as well as M&M's, STILL give you mouthfuls of peanut butter and chocolate, and like M&M's they also have a nice crunchy candy shell. :3

My vote for Worst Candy: Tie between Candy Corn and the Giant Peanut Marshmallow. Seriously, those peanuts make better doorstops than treats.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Now that I've actually seen the episode:

My favorite candies are crunchy candy bars like Butterfinger, Crunch, and Kit Kat, although you do have to eat them right away.

Also, this episode's ending is probably Kyle's best moment on the show so far.

I like the idea of expanding this show into a broader, discussion-oriented show as opposed to forcing a two-sided debate every single week.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Why did this end?! There was so much more knowledge for them to share with us. Alas, poor episode, cut off before it's time.

And I don't care which candy bar it was (as long as it was a decent one at least), anyone giving out full-size candy got an A+ from me. But my preferred candy was always the cups, man. Get that peanut butter in my chocolate...

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I gotta go with my favorite, Take 5. Because I do like salt with sweet.

Else, Reese's Pieces/Cup are always good, as well as Starbursts and Jolly Ranchers.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Milky Way IS the best candy. FACT! There simply is nothing better and I won't hear otherwise.

Don't bother quoting me to debate it either you hypothetical forumer who thinks otherwise, because I will not engage. You are already wrong. :p

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
The best candy is Cadbury Cream Eggs.
Last year I bought a box to give out to kids, but almost nobody came because of hurricane Sandy.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I usually go for the sweeter, chewy candy like gummies, starbursts, skittles. Chocolates are good and especially Reeses and butterfinger but I get sick of them after a short while.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
As a kid: Butterfinger.
As an adult: Snickers or Peanut Butter Snickers.

In today's world, people should know better than to hand out anything homemade.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
This was mostly lost on me being from the UK. I'll always say anything Cadbury's for chockolate in almost any form, bar pure chocolate M&Ms. And skittles for otherwise hard candy... sure there is something else but my brain is failing me.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Ickabod said:
No mention of Rolo? WTF?
AGREE! So fucking agree to that.
Hershey's kisses? Really? I'll only take the caramel ones but no to the solid chocolate.
I fucking love the twix bars because it has everything I love: Chocolate, cookies, and caramel!
And cookies and cream truffles...god yes.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Fifty-One said:
In today's world, people should know better than to hand out anything homemade.
FYI, in every instance I've heard of with kids getting poisoned or razored by candy, it's been the parents who did it.

Back on topic, I've never heard of Idaho Spuds; I'm guessing you only see them in Idaho-adjacent states.

I grew up in a small town, so almost everybody knew each other; we had a woman in our town who handed out whoopie pies on Halloween, so her house was the place that you didn't want to ever miss.

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
Sgt. Sykes said:
Oh you Americans. The best candy is made in Eastern Europe.
You-! You-! Your comment makes me so mad that I could just...let you send me some of this delicious superior European candy to prove me wrong!

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Someone should send you guys real Smarties, not the those things that we call Rockets in Canada and I think Fizzlers across the pond. Not that Smarties are the greatest thing every (similar to plain M&M's except crunchy), but they are pretty damned good and it's a shame to associate them with a generic cheap Halloween candy.