No Right Answer: Best Candy Ever

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
My current favorite is the Reeses Fast Break bar. Tastes like Reeses cups, but doesn't melt all across the wrapper on a hot summer day, and often takes more than two bites to finish.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Chris Pranger said:
zooken said:
Firstly, the best chocolate is Ghirardelli, not Hershey.

No love for the Toblerone? Which they do make fun sized, though sometimes hard to find.
Toblerones are stupidly delicious, but they are expensive. I need bang for my buck!
Bang for your buck is buying the trapezoid prism 3 packs of toblerone, I always buy one if I find them, they only seem to come out for large holidays.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
schmulki said:
Can we go back to debates? I'm not loving this trend of just listing things as a group, and generally agreeing on things. Doesn't make for the best videos, and this one could VERY easily have been a debate.
DOn't worry, we've got lots of debates coming up. This and last week were just flukes that happened to go back to back. DeBATES INCOMING! (Ducks head)

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Tono Makt said:
Seracen said:
Dan was ON IT with those pics this go around. I wouldn't say the funniest, as that changes, but the highest ratio of hilarity and appropo pics were in this debate (at least in recent memory).
I'm not sure apropos is the best word to describe the pics, but they were certainly memorable. And more than a little eyebrow raising. Did Dan get some criticism about previous videos using tame or boring pics, so now he's using stuff that's maybe a little bit too creepy and/or "Back Away Slowly From The Graphics Guy We Aren't Sure What's Going On"?

(Yeah, I'm thinking of the Chocolate Stuff. I'm trying not to, gods help me I'm trying not to, but sometimes what the eye sees the brain cannot unsee)
Hey (Dan) I didn't get any feedback about my pics being too tame, I just do my thang at my typy-typy. I am curious which pics are raising your eyebrows. Was it only the lady with the peanut butter cup bra? I try to edit with a PG rating, but let me know why you have to slowly back away from me!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Seracen said:
Dan was ON IT with those pics this go around. I wouldn't say the funniest, as that changes, but the highest ratio of hilarity and appropo pics were in this debate (at least in recent memory).
Why thank you! I do try to google da funny, it's always nice to hear that you guys like it!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
My top three chocolate bars are Kit-Kat, Crunch, and Twix. You guys are spot on about Butterfinger. It's like those things are designed to self-destruct after you open the wrapper!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Biggest letdown of 2013: "*Original*" Skittles.
I don't eat Skittles anymore, not after I found out they'd switched Lime for shitty green apple. It just breaks the good chemistry between the flavours.
Best candy? I gotta go with Reeses. It's a genius combination that will last for generations.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Bat Vader said:
I gotta admit I never really cared for candy all that much even as a kid. I have always loved Skittles though.
You really like green apple? It just doesn't do anything for me :/

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Aptspire said:
Bat Vader said:
I gotta admit I never really cared for candy all that much even as a kid. I have always loved Skittles though.
Personally Green Apple and Grape are my favourite candy flavours, while lemon/lime are the worst. I never knew skittles changed that but I'm all for it!

But you want to know whats really the best candy? Free candy!!! Two years ago someone at my nearest small grocery store ordered way too much candy, basically just all the good stuff (mini chocolate bars, twizzlers) in bulk. First month after Halloween they were selling it half off, and I bought plenty. But I guess it wasn't going fast enough, because soon enough they just started putting it in baskets up front with the cashiers and stuck in the "Free Candy" sign. It was awesome, I was taking a few handfuls each trip and the baskets kept getting refilled for months!

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
M&Ms, Milky Ways, Musketeers, and Twix.

All are subservient to Kit Kat, the wise Pharaoh of Halloween candy, passing judgement on all the lesser candies.

Deadagent

Sep 14, 2011
Any Salmiakki (salty liquorice). There, the debate is setteled forever. The end. We can go home, and eat salmiakki.....execpt for you Americans....unless you order it from somewhere...wich you should do.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Aptspire said:
Bat Vader said:
Never had any of the green apple Skittles. My favorite one was the lime one. Hopefully they add it back in.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Well, I like Circus Peanuts

Idaho Spuds, eh? I'll have to remember to mix those into next year's trick or treater stash.
(My luck I won't get any trick or treaters that year and I'll be left with a bunch for myself)

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Chris Pranger said:
zooken said:
Firstly, the best chocolate is Ghirardelli, not Hershey.

No love for the Toblerone? Which they do make fun sized, though sometimes hard to find.
Toblerones are stupidly delicious, but they are expensive. I need bang for my buck!
Alas, this can be so true. Still, I would have to say chocolate covered Muesli (sp?) bars are probably the best thing ever.

Ever tried Honey Bunches of Oats? Well, make a candy bar out of the best of that cereal you've ever tasted! I always tell my German or British cousins to bring me some whenever they visit.

ViridianV6

Sep 15, 2013
Cadbury Picnic.

Possibly the best chocolate bar ever made (in my opinion) where every bite is pure joy.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Pineapple Lumps. The chocolate is terribad, and the insides aren't really all that pineapple-ish but they are still somehow amazing. Cant explain it.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
A little late to the conversation, but my vote for best Halloween candy is Reese's Sticks. It's a cross between a peanut butter cup and a kit-kat! I also like cow tales and caramel creme's, although I think I might be the only one who does.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
May I present

The greatest, most moreish, "I've just eaten the entire bag" spice ever! (spice is Yorkshire for sweets!)

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
My favorite candy would have to be Darrel Lea Rocklea Road. Grab a few bars, cut each bar into 8 pieces, put them in a bowl and any trick-or-treaters that come over are guaranteed to be happy!