No Right Answer: Best Giant Ever: Robots vs Monsters

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
A tie means that the Evangelions win because they are giant robot monsters piloted by humans to save/destroy the world.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
"Piloting giant monsters"
Do Avatar, The Neverending Story or How to Train Your Dragon count? Also, (as mentioned above) EVAs are actually biological entities only with some cybernetic parts, so I think they should definitely count.
Stalydan said:
Giant monsters on the other hand... Shadow of the Colossus anyone?
We have a winner.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Giant Robot Monsters.

;D Why chose, when we can have both?

Anyway, can't wait to see Pacific Rim tomorrow. ;D Happy birthday to me!

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Yeah! I get to post this image again!

THE greatest giant robot who is better than any giant monster. (I love Gurren Lagann, but Simon is by far the best thing in the anime, than the team, than the giant robots)
List of accomplishments
-Defeated Voltron.
-Nearly defeated Sailor Moon and company
-Destroyed Halo on his own by accident
-Extremely user friendly.

I could name more, but the paint job is just wicked and chicks love giant robots. Thus giant robots beat giant monsters.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I THOUGHT THAT THEY WEREN'T GOING TO MENTION THE IRON GIANT.

AND THEN THEY DID!!

BRAVO YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARDS!

Also robots look cooler /instawin.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
kailus13 said:
Kyle should win simply for being able to drink while wearing monster hands.

Robots are better 'cause they can do anything than monsters can do, and do it better.
And Chris dropped his makeshift shaded monocle.
Kyle remains victorious.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
somonels said:
kailus13 said:

Robots are better 'cause they can do anything than monsters can do, and do it better.
Kyle remains victorious.
What was that thing meant to be anyway? A futuristic eyepatch? A subtle reference that went completely over my head?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This is one of the funniest episodes you guys ever did! And bravo to the Escapist overall for all this fanfare leading up to Pacific Rim, even though it's not a video game.
SupahGamuh said:
The lack of EVAs (wich are kinda/sorta monsters themselves), Megas-XLR and Symbionic Titan greatly dissapoints me.

I always digged giant robots more than giant monsters, I've never felt sympathetic for a giant monster before (except maybe King Kong), I just like them as antagonists, a giant punching bag and a great excuse to clean out the dust from our giant robots and take them out for a ride.
No gurren Laggan either. they just kept making it bigger and bigger! There's no competition against that!

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
kailus13 said:
somonels said:
kailus13 said:

Kyle remains victorious.
What was that thing meant to be anyway? A futuristic eyepatch? A subtle reference that went completely over my head?
Probably something makeshift as he didn't have anything suitable. Reminded me of Jensen's glasses from DX:HR.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
SupahGamuh said:
The lack of EVAs (wich are kinda/sorta monsters themselves), Megas-XLR and Symbionic Titan greatly dissapoints me.
Probably because they're Monsters and Giant Robots. I was so hoping to hear the argument "Now be honest - when you were watching EVA, were you rooting for Shinji to beat the Giant Monsters (aka Angels) or for the Giant Monsters to tear him out of the EVA, stomp on him for 15 straight minutes before finally throwing him into space?"

Giant Monsters FTW!

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Giant robots all the way. I mean, they almost always win out against any monster opponent in the end.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Fayathon said:
Chicks dig giant robots, it's gotta be true, it's in a goddamn song.

Also seriously disappointed by the lack of MEGAS in this argument. (Besides the one image.)
I'm a chick and I approve of giant robots. Also, I wish they'd put MEGAS XLR back on the air, but such is Cartoon Network.
Back to the debate, pilot-able giant robots should win, especially if they have epic paint jobs.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Giant robots and giant monsters? Why can't I just have both?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Japan does not have a 1:1 statue of Godzilla.
Japan *does* have a 1:1 statue of the first Gundam model.
GG, giant monsters.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Stalydan said:
Here's how it can be decided. Which ever one is the coolest to fight against wins.

Sure giant robots are cool but it's usually with another giant robot. Giant monsters on the other hand... Shadow of the Colossus anyone?
Are they really 'monsters' though? The big baddies in Shadow of the Colossus seem more like giant golems or constructs, lots of dirt and stone held together and given sentience through dark magic. I don't really see them fitting into either category.

Sel Sama

Dec 14, 2012
You Can Pilot Giant Monsters!!
Neon Genesis Evangelion, people pilot Giant Monsters that are wearing armour.

The girl in the picture was the pilot of the monster in the background