No Right Answer: Best Robin Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Robin Ever

It's time to decide which one deserves the right to call shotgun in the bat-mobile.

Watch Video

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Damien Wayne was a good Robin... when Dick Grayson was Batman. So does that really count? I'd say yes. Not the best, but good. And yes, Dick Grayson was great as Batman.

I'd probably say Dick is the better character, but Tim was the better Robin.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I think Dick is the better hero, but Tim is the better Robin for Batman.

A point I though Kylie would bring up was their different origins. Dick became Robin purely by chance because Bruce happened to be there when Dick's parents died. Tim on the other had sought out Batman after Jason's death because he knew that Batman needed a Robin.

At least that's how it was last time I checked. I have no idea what the most recent reboot has changed.

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
Oh, come the fuck on, Stephanie Brown was a Robin, as much as DC doesn't want to admit it.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Carrie Kelly anyone?! WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR MY NON CANON COMICS?! NO I DON'T CARE THAT SHE BECAME A CAT GIRL!

ahahahaha captcha: which one does not belong: the only answer available: emo kid
ahahahahaah

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Guys, Carrie Kelly is obviously the best Robin. I mean, think about it: no other Robin is a better example of what Robin is supposed to represent: a ray of light in Batman's dark world? That's what makes Carrie something special: she's the lightest Robin for the darkest Batman.

/thread.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
So, I hate to be a fact nazi, particularly with your own in-jokes... but wasn't the "my parents werest killed!" thing about Possum Man? Who is this Raccoon Man? Is he as epic as Possum Man?

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
This isn't Jason Todd vs Stephanie Brown, this isn't No Right Answer going for the odd choice... come on guys, why so serious?

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
TheSchaef said:
So Bruce Wayne "died"? When was this a thing?

/hasn't read Batman since Zero Hour
Relatively recent, Noteworth trades are
Batman RIP, Final Crisis, Return of Bruce Wayne, Batman and Robin Vol.1 (I think, not the nu52 version)

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
On Topic, Daimen is my favorite Robin, whether or not hes the 'best', hes certainly the most interesting.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
I think it has to be a contest between Dick and Damian.

All the other Robins were replacements for (and reskins of) the original after he became Nightwing; Jason, Tim (as awesome as he is), even Stephanie. They were all basically Dick, but a bit younger and still Robin. Damian is the first 'new' Robin to change the dynamic and be a brand new character, and the Damian/Dick dynamic as B&R was fresh and fun.

Oct 30, 2010
Take a look at my avatar; guess who I'll pick?

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

edit: also, of course readers didn't buy that Bruce Wayne was dead. He was shown alive a couple issues later...

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
My parents weres killed! - Possum Man.

Not Raccoon Man, can't even keep your own fake super hero's straight.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
el_kabong said:
So, I hate to be a fact nazi, particularly with your own in-jokes... but wasn't the "my parents werest killed!" thing about Possum Man? Who is this Raccoon Man? Is he as epic as Possum Man?
Dang it, raccoon man is what dan says when he means possum man! Thanks for catching it, that's just stupid of us to make that mistake with our own stuff. Damn you, Raz Al Goool!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
bdcjacko said:
My parents weres killed! - Possum Man.

Not Raccoon Man, can't even keep your own fake super hero's straight.
Dang it, slip of the keys. Get em, Robin! AWoooooooooo!