No Right Answer: Best Western Film Ever

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
A lot better than the last one, but the product placement is getting to me, in this and in the drinking game.
Anyway, pretty hit and miss for me, it all depends on the subjects at hand I guess.

Arctic Fox

Cool Customer
Apr 14, 2009
I like this show. It's both fun and educational. Fival just feels more like a real western to me. BTTF3 is more of an improv western.

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
FAIL these are not to western movies. both these movie are spoofs of the western movie. though i like both movies this is not a serous conversion or just a massively miss-informed conversion.

nuqneh1

Aug 15, 2010
Out of the two debated Back To the Future 3.

Personally The Magnificent Seven.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
lunncal said:
Definitely Serenity.

Actually wait, I'm only saying that because it's the only western movie I've seen...

[sub]...and it only counts if you accept "sci-fi western" as western...[/sub]

So... anyone got any good examples of a western for someone who hasn't seen one before?
Silverado is a great starter Western. The remakes of 3:10 to Yuma and True Grit are also fantastic.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Yojimbo. It's a western, but then with samurai. It's pretty good. By the same guy that did seven samurai, Akira Kurosawa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yojimbo_(film)

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Out of all the ones I've seen I'm gonna say Butch Cassady and the Sundance kid. Though my knowledge of Westerns is limited.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Krunkcity3000 said:
TOMBSTONE.

The End.
You need to watch some better westerns my friend. But I'll be your huckleberry, it is a damn fun film.

Unforgiven is (in my opinion) the best film in the Western genre, but it's more of an anti-western than a true one.

Now, the Dollars Trilogy, they're some good films:

'I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. See, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now, if you apologise, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...'

And of course the original True Grit is a classic:

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
He tilted his head, turned to the camera, asked what the best western ever was.

I turned it off.

Who are these people and why have they been given two shows?

Kevin Scott Brown

Dec 14, 2010
The Great Train Robbery (1903) defined the genre, High Noon perfected the formula and Seven Samaria reinvented the idea of the Western. Top Three Westerns.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Tarantino now has to show up at your house and punch you in the mouth.

Also, you guys better be swimming on free soda next time.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Whilst you where chugging Jones Soda I was chugging cheap Dutch immitation vodka.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, right?

In your case there was indeed no right answer, but seriously.
Probably The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Not that I know many westerns...

Too bad we don't have "cream soda" in the Netherlands.
I would try it, a drink that is "buttery": very, very mysterious and thus interesting! :D